Dominican American

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
Well he has walked into glass doors twice, the most recent of which apparently led to a concussion...and the best part- a paralyzed eyebrow. :p

Kozy

Jun 1, 2002
Well Gringo bachata, I beg to differ. Dominicans who live in the DR and "African Americans" have very little, if anything, in common. I observe this on a regular basis where I work. They speak a different language. Dominicans identify with ancestral roots from Spain, African Americans with ancestral roots from Africa. The difference in their forma de ser is like the day and the night. The emotional baggage most African Americans have toward white people does not exist with Dominicans who live here in the DR. The fact that 76-80 % of Dominicans are not white has very little to do with the commonality which they might or might not share with "African Americans"

pkaide1

Bronze
Aug 10, 2005
Are you sure that you are not italian
Dominican people in the USA tend to only want their papers to be signed or to get money when they date outside of their race. On the island they are a little bit more sincere than in the USA in some cases. I am Puerto Rican and have seen it upfront in our latin communities in the USA and on the island since I of course look Dominican since I am Puerto Rican with light brown skin.