Dominican Republic - Haiti border pass and market at Jimani crossing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Reminds me of that song: "You put the lime in the coconut and drink them both up..."

Okay I'll nibble. If Dominicans are 'mulato' as you call them (or bi-racial), that means a mix of 'white' and 'black'. So where and how did the Black part of your equation get mixed into the 'mulato'?

Did the 'black' part arrive here voluntarily?
Did the 'black' part arrive here speaking Spanish and Praising a Christian God?

Good night everyone.

Honestly who really cares where one came from?

I see that as the number one reason why racism persists - people like you just can't seem to get past the elevating one's own race above others.

As far as my daughter's ancestor's go, they are European, African, Jewish and Taino. They may have all started out as pagans but this is irrelevant and ultimately flawed imo.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I'm meant to say my daughter's "ancestor's may have started out as pagans..."

This conversation reminds me of so many I had with rednecks where I grew up the only difference being the color of the racist but the blind ignorance is still the same.

Randall Bell

Feb 17, 2012
Wow. The people on this board are not very friendly. I'm not a racist, so don't even start with the childish comments.

I'm not elevating one culture above another - in fact I'm trying to counter that! Everyday I see Dominicans treating Haitians like a sub-species. I question it, I remind them that they're brothers from another mother - that they have the same common ancestors.

And your response is: "Honestly who really cares where one came from?".

Well if they knew they came from the same place, and shared a common history, maybe there would be less hate on this island.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Well if they knew they came from the same place, and shared a common history, maybe there would be less hate on this island.

You claim to be neutral but you diminish Haitians raping of Dominican culture when in fact the Dominicans did nothing to deserve it.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Wow. The people on this board are not very friendly. I'm not a racist, so don't even start with the childish comments.

I'm not elevating one culture above another - in fact I'm trying to counter that! Everyday I see Dominicans treating Haitians like a sub-species. I question it, I remind them that they're brothers from another mother - that they have the same common ancestors.

And your response is: "Honestly who really cares where one came from?".

See that where you are wrong, they don't have the same ancestors, same history ( other than the Hairian invations) and they hate each less than you think. Every day I see Haitian/Dominican interaction that is friendly and respectful.

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
Randall, forget it man.
Do not bother arguing with chip.
Haitians raping Dominican culture?
This all happened further back than WW2.
There are still some people who do not like Germans even though they were not born until way after the war finished.
They are regarded as weird but we tolerate then because we pity them.
Chip is like that on DR1.

Mainly we just take the p!ss out of him for sport - our very own hellfire and damnation monkey.

Hell, this is the guy who wrote that people in the D.R. get married in order to have sex so we know what kind of a grasp he has on Dominican culture.
You can't be too mean or he flies off the zealot handle and gets himself banned - then we have nobody to play with for a few weeks.

Randall, just enjoy Chip - he comes for free with the forum.

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
Haitians raping Dominican culture?
This all happened further back than WW2.
There are still some people who do not like Germans even though they were not born until way after the war finished.

Let's see, "people who do not like Germans", survey says, the Jews Pedro, the Jews. I know that you being married to a Haitian national makes it more than easy for you to over look the fact that the Haitians invaded us more three times throughout our history.

You may also overlook the fact that the Haitian army killed each and every Dominican found on Dominican soil while retreating back to Haiti. This to us is cause enough for us to at least have (whether you like it or not) a bit of resentment towards them.

Sure Pedro these mere fact may not mean a thing to you and Haitians alike, but to us, we see the Haitians heinous act of trying to wipe us off the face of this earth as atrocious as the Jews feel about Hitler and his regime.

Last edited:

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
Jews hate Nazis, not Germans, my little nationalist friend.
But your comment just shows how your school-yard politics inform your judgement.

When did the Haitians do this? Within living memory? Oops, that would be the Perejil incident but we do not mention that, do we?

Get over it fool.

Haiti granted the D.R. its independence - be happy.

If your opinion of Haitians is informed by historic events from generations ago then you have failed.

Last edited:

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
Taini101,

I should hate the Japanese because they fought us in Burma?
I should hate the Germans because they attacked us in 1940?
I should hate Italians because they fought us in WW2?
I should hate the French because of Napoleon?
And the Dutch and the Spanish? I should hate them too?

Way to move forward....

lol

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
, we see the Haitians heinous act of trying to wipe us off the face of this earth as atrocious as the Jews feel about Hitler and his regime.

When does the statute of limitations expire on genocide?
With the conquistadors, with the Arawaks?

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
Jews hate Nazis, not Germans, my little nationalist friend.
But your comment just shows how your school-yard politics inform your judgement.

My judgements are based on historic facts, please enlighten us on the fact from which you form your judgement?Remember, I'm still waiting for you to post the sugar-coated Haitian side of the Island's history.

When did the Haitians do this? Within living memory? Oops, that would be the Perejil incident but we do not mention that, do we?

It doesn't matter whether this occurred a year ago or a thousand years ago, fact is, it happened. Your notion that this happened many years ago and for such reason it should be forgotten is pure lunacy on your part. Why don't we now ask that the AA in the good old US of A forget about the many years of slavery by white folks, after all, by your account if it happened many years ago it should be forgotten.

Get over it fool.

There you go with the personal attacks again. Good for you!

Haiti granted the D.R. its independence - be happy.

Please enlighten us, when and how was this?

If your opinion of Haitians is informed by historic events from generations ago then you have failed.

The only one failing here is you, my uneducated friend. The mere fact that you so vigorously defend everything that is Haitian, while condemning everything that is Dominican; all this while living on this side of the Island show lack of coherency, lack of conviction and above all lack of consistency. Thus turning you into a pure hypocrite in the eyes of many on this board.

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
You are good value, almost as good value as Chip.

Again, the Jews hate Nazis, not Germans.
That is important.
If you do not get that then you will always be stuck in your childish world of hate.

All I have is love.

Again, your childlike outlook makes me laugh so carry on please.
I have a long afternoon of paperwork and you are supplying the ongoing entertainment.

Thanks for that, TeenieTaino.

lol

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
Taini101,

I should hate the Japanese because they fought us in Burma?
I should hate the Germans because they attacked us in 1940?
I should hate Italians because they fought us in WW2?
I should hate the French because of Napoleon?
And the Dutch and the Spanish? I should hate them too?

Way to move forward....

lol

What's all this? When have I stated that I "hate" Haitians? Facts is, my very small construction company employs 15 undumented Haitian nationals. "Hate" no I'm above that, resentment yes. Resentment, because you all love to slander our good name in international news, you call us racist, you tell the world we treat you like slaves while working on this side of the Island. When the truth is that if it wasn't for Dominicans, Haitians would be just as bad off as the Etheopians.

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
What's all this? When have I stated that I "hate" Haitians? Facts is, my very small construction company employs 15 undumented Haitian nationals. "Hate" no I'm above that, resentment yes. Resentment, because you all love to slander our good name in international news, you call us racist, you tell the world we treat you like slaves while working on this side of the Island. When the truth is that if it wasn't for Dominicans, Haitians would be just as bad off as the Etheopians.

Where did I call you racist? lol

How much do you pay your undumented (?) Haitians?

Hillarious - keep it coming.

Again, you seem not to know from whom you gained independence.

That is even funnier - ask one of your undumented Haitians, they will tell you. ;)

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
Where did I call you racist? lol

How much do you pay your undumented (?) Haitians?

Hillarious - keep it coming.

Again, you seem not to know from whom you gained independence.

That is even funnier - ask one of your undumented Haitians, they will tell you. ;)

Nice double stepping there! Great way to dodge answers to your very own question when being put in the spot light. We are all waiting on you and Haitians alike, to provide us Dominicans with what you perceive our history to be.

Just one more reason why we Dominicans resent Haitians, I mean, they've even gone out of there way to twist historical facts in their favor. Don't Haitians believe that from Navarrete westward belongs to them? This would mean that everything from Navarrete to Dajabon and every town in between belongs to them, right?

Malo agradecido que son.

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
Malo agradecido que son.

You are obviously a classy guy. lol

I get my history from reading books, mainly, and talking to people.
If you learned how to read books you might know from whom you gained your independence.
Do the facts upset you? Does it offend your Dominicanness. Does it make you feel less of a man?
lol
You will get over it, after all I learned to live with the Romans...

The other thing you get wrong is that on balance Dominicans do not resent Haitians.
They get on fine in my experience.

No matter how faithful to your childish ideas you like to think you are being, real Dominicans know you are a joke.

Anyway, say something funny... I am enjoying you ire...

Status
Not open for further replies.