Status
Not open for further replies.

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
hey

deelt said:
While I think this thread has been thoroughly hijacked, there are black ecuadorians in NYC. I remember reading an news article a few years back of over a black ecuadorian living in Queens it was either in the Times or Daily News. This is the same way as the the black Hondurians that hang in the Bronx during the summer that hand at that park parallel to the Bruckner...hahahaha. They feel the need to keep a low profile...yet be among their peeps.

By the way, my aunt is married to an Ecuadorian. Overall, based on what I've seen I find ecuadorian men to make much better husbands than Dominicans.
im sure there are black ecuas living elsewhere in the world, i dont doubt that. but ive never met one before. but he/she is an ecua nonetheless....
you know all my life all the hondurans i met were black so when i met my college roomate and he wasnt balck i was like wow! thats a first! LOL no offense to anyone! see we all live and learn!
i know nothing about which men make better husbands though, im staying out of that one! :beard:

deelt

Bronze
Mar 23, 2004
LOL, interesting. My experience was the other way around with Hondurians, starting with my college roommate. All the ones I met were either white, mad light, or mestizo. When I saw the fall out in Bronx, I was surprised. I now live in a city that is like being in the middle of meso/central america...

On the husband issue...yeah that's most definitely new thread material. I don't think the Dominican men can handle the truth. LOL

By the way, I like your migente page....looks mad fun. Makes me miss NYC and my peeps there.

Have a ball in DR. I am sure you will.
D

jalencastro said:
you know all my life all the hondurans i met were black so when i met my college roomate and he wasnt balck i was like wow! thats a first! LOL no offense to anyone! see we all live and learn!
i know nothing about which men make better husbands though, im staying out of that one! :beard:

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
thanks

deelt said:
LOL, interesting. My experience was the other way around with Hondurians, starting with my college roommate. All the ones I met were either white, mad light, or mestizo. When I saw the fall out in Bronx, I was surprised. I now live in a city that is like being in the middle of meso/central america...

On the husband issue...yeah that's most definitely new thread material. I don't think the Dominican men can handle the truth. LOL

By the way, I like your migente page....looks mad fun. Makes me miss NYC and my peeps there.

Have a ball in DR. I am sure you will.
D
yeah NYC is the place to be....methinks!
i will be looking forward to adding more pics when i return! for now im all about having fun and relax for vacation! 12 hours and counting...sigh :bandit:

Quisqueya

Bronze
Nov 10, 2003
;) sorry for going to the left with this thread but you took it farther left....LOL...I have no comments about who makes better anything....All I know is that all women have it going on...as long as they have some salsa to them....hahahahha....ok ;)
deelt said:
While I think this thread has been thoroughly hijacked, there are black ecuadorians in NYC. I remember reading an news article a few years back of over a black ecuadorian living in Queens it was either in the Times or Daily News. This is the same way as the the black Hondurians that hang in the Bronx during the summer that hand at that park parallel to the Bruckner...hahahaha. They feel the need to keep a low profile...yet be among their peeps.

By the way, my aunt is married to an Ecuadorian. Overall, based on what I've seen I find ecuadorian men to make much better husbands than Dominicans.

Quisqueya

Bronze
Nov 10, 2003
Man I am not even going there with trying to decipher the issue between the two...Its very complicated and very sensitive issue...

Anyway, your third time...damn....so you should know your way...for how long dude?..man, drink a Prestige beer for me...BTW, that's haitian beer...very strong...or try babancourt rum 5 etoiles...you'll be out like a bird if you can't handle it... ...the best rum ever....and hit Guacara Taina club...some nights its off the hook....but go real real late...since its usually empty b4 10...have fun and dont forget to say "sake pase" to all the haitians....They'll give u big discount for showing them Luv...lol...

jalencastro said:
dont hate on me! LOL :eek:
hey, did i forget to mention that this is my THIRD time to DR? so im no stranger to the locale! LOL i will be on the lookout for all places of interest. and some haitian food? now that i have to try!
speaking of haitians! thats another issue i got! why does DR hate on haitians so much? i mean not only are they neighbors, but damn its the same mix of people just speaking different languages! sheesh....why all this hate?
by the way go peep my url:
http://members.migente.com/jmomo
i will definately be adding more to it after this trip!

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
yo!

Quisqueya said:
Man I am not even going there with trying to decipher the issue between the two...Its very complicated and very sensitive issue...

Anyway, your third time...damn....so you should know your way...for how long dude?..man, drink a Prestige beer for me...BTW, that's haitian beer...very strong...or try babancourt rum 5 etoiles...you'll be out like a bird if you can't handle it... ...the best rum ever....and hit Guacara Taina club...some nights its off the hook....but go real real late...since its usually empty b4 10...have fun and dont forget to say "sake pase" to all the haitians....They'll give u big discount for showing them Luv...lol...
you and i need to sit down and talk over a lot of issues and sip on some Prestige or Presidente or whatever! by the way where in DR can i go get me some Prestige? i'm open for new things...and how do i say sake pase correctly before somebody kills me for insulting their momma! LOL
where is this club exactly? help....i have 30 minutes left before i leave work and then its bye bye to DR1 until 2005! LOL

deelt

Bronze
Mar 23, 2004
Quisqueya,
Sweetie, I'm sure you take your salsa with chips...and then some. I got your number playa, playa...:)
D

Quisqueya said:
;) sorry for going to the left with this thread but you took it farther left....LOL...I have no comments about who makes better anything....All I know is that all women have it going on...as long as they have some salsa to them....hahahahha....ok ;)

Quisqueya

Bronze
Nov 10, 2003
Deelt,

Oh Cherie,

Stop that, I am shy......LOL....How did you know? Hmmmmm!!!! Ma princesse nubienne...You making me blush...... Bisou.... ;)

deelt said:
Quisqueya,
Sweetie, I'm sure you take your salsa with chips...and then some. I got your number playa, playa...:)
D

brownskin

Dec 14, 2004
do domincans know??????????

do domincan republicans know that there are many afro-boricuas in puerto rico esp in loiza, PR and how do the domincan republicans there treat that afro-boricaus that were there before them? especially some of these domincans that say they are indio-obscuro is that a wake up call to them when they get discriminated against?

i know for a fact in puerto rico there are european- puerto ricans african puerto ricans afro-meztizo puerto ricans and meztizos(there may be a few but not many)

ethnic

black 8%
white(most of spanish background) 80%
asian-0.2
mixed 10.9
amerindian-0.4

now what do dominicans think probably when they discriminated against the hatiains and labeled them black and themselves indio-obscuro and fled to puerto rico just to get called negro by white or mere white looking puerto ricans despite probably having african blood in their veins?

FuegoAzul21

Jun 28, 2004
brownskin said:
do domincan republicans know that there are many afro-boricuas in puerto rico esp in loiza, PR and how do the domincan republicans there treat that afro-boricaus that were there before them? especially some of these domincans that say they are indio-obscuro is that a wake up call to them when they get discriminated against?

i know for a fact in puerto rico there are european- puerto ricans african puerto ricans afro-meztizo puerto ricans and meztizos(there may be a few but not many)

ethnic

black 8%
white(most of spanish background) 80%
asian-0.2
mixed 10.9
amerindian-0.4

now what do dominicans think probably when they discriminated against the hatiains and labeled them black and themselves indio-obscuro and fled to puerto rico just to get called negro by white or mere white looking puerto ricans despite probably having african blood in their veins?

Im not sure i understand your post (writing needs some work) , but most of all the hate in between groups is nationalistic , race is just a part of it , and the PR census records in 2000 were known to be very inaccurate ( even noted by many PR scholars) .The so called indio obscuro thing is too describe thier skin color not thier race (please read more)

PuertoRican2

Dec 20, 2004
Dominican-Puertorican

Hello!

My name is Melissa Rodriguez my Parents were born in the Dominican Republic but came to Puerto Rico 30 years ago. I was born and raised in Borinquen i considered my self to be 50%Puertorican and 50%dominican.
I been to the Dominican Republic many times i been to La Romana,Punta Cana, Santo Domingo and many other places . The Dominican republic is a beautiful country i mean words can't describe "la tierra del merengue. Puerto Rico is well i dont even have to say its also beautiful and i think that who ever started this topic just wants a fight between dominicans and Puerto Ricans i hope you people dont fall for it.

I love those two countrys i now live in New Jersey but my parents live in San Juan Puerto Rico they own 2 food shops and 1 house they work very ahrd to be were they are at but they never forget who they are when people in Puerto Rico ask them if they are Puerto Rican they say "Naci en la tierra del merengue en quisqueya la bella , vine illegal a Puerto Rico dejando mi tierra que llevo en mi corazon y quiero a Puerto Rico para mi es mi segunda patria pero soy dominicana hasta la muerte.

Petaka

Nov 8, 2002
Here I go

brownskin said:

Let me explain to you the Dominican view. The fact is that in this world nobody likes anything black. All the bad things on earth carry that connotation: black plague, black outs, etc.
If you look at Africa, things are not going well over there. Liberia was an experiment that failed, Zimbabwe is another failure and who knows what will happen to South Africa. I could go on and on and on about that continent but there's not enough time.
So there, I am not African!
Next to the DR you have Haiti, the poorest country on the hemisphere with no hopes of any kind. Another example of black people at work.
So there, I am not black! I?m maroon, green or what have you but I am not black.

I?ll let you in on the three biggest lies in this world:

- I love you, no s#it!
- Black is beautiful
- Don?t worry baby, I am not going to dump that stuff in your mouth.

This one should buy me a lot of friends.

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
In response to the OP:

You see, some people like to generalize. You will find Dominicans who generalize about Puerto Ricans and Puerto Ricans who do likewise. There is no helping those people and it is better to just ignore them. I had nothing but a great time in Puerto Rico (in my longer than short stay there), and I am sad that I haven't been able to return. I will do so at the first chance I have.

Puerto Ricans that discriminate against Dominicans? I am sure they exist (like duh!) but I will promptly ignore them, or give them the look of death... it always works. I have no time for idiots, of any nationality.

PuertoRican2

Dec 20, 2004
well i don't know if this is true but people say that Cuban hate puerto ricans because puerto ricans are trying to steal the "Salsa" music from Cubans.
And Dominicans hate puerto ricans because puerto ricans are trying to steal the "merengue" music from The Dominican Republic which i think its stupid but my cuban friend insist in that.

We all know that The Merengue was born in the dominican republic and we al know that salsa was born in cuba so y fight?

Puerto Rico also have music of its own

brownskin

Dec 14, 2004
FuegoAzul21 said:
Im not sure i understand your post (writing needs some work) , but most of all the hate in between groups is nationalistic , race is just a part of it , and the PR census records in 2000 were known to be very inaccurate ( even noted by many PR scholars) .The so called indio obscuro thing is too describe thier skin color not thier race (please read more)

^^how is it to not understand what i wrote? it aint hard to tell!

Originally Posted by brownskin
do domincan republicans know that there are many afro-boricuas in puerto rico esp in loiza? PR meaning do they know that there are black puerto ricans? and that puerto rican music is african influenced heavily and its alive and well in their culture!

and how do the domincan republicans there treat the afro-boricaus or look at them that were there before them?

especially some of these domincans that say they are indio-obscuro is that a wake up call to them when they get discriminated against white puerto ricans?

^^^
what i mean by that probably 80% of dominicans swear they are not of african desent but they say they are taino or dark indians and spanish mix?
where are the pure tainos at then but when they arrive to P.R they experience a different light!

The so called indio obscuro thing is too describe thier skin color not thier race

>> tito trinidad is a afro- boricua his skincolor is not black! african americans have various brown skin tones from light to dark but we are called black people.

Last edited:

brownskin

Dec 14, 2004
yeah right

Petaka said:
Let me explain to you the Dominican view. The fact is that in this world nobody likes anything black. All the bad things on earth carry that connotation: black plague, black outs, etc.
If you look at Africa, things are not going well over there. Liberia was an experiment that failed, Zimbabwe is another failure and who knows what will happen to South Africa. I could go on and on and on about that continent but there's not enough time.
So there, I am not African!
Next to the DR you have Haiti, the poorest country on the hemisphere with no hopes of any kind. Another example of black people at work.
So there, I am not black! I?m maroon, green or what have you but I am not black.

- I love you, no s#it!
- Black is beautiful
- Don?t worry baby, I am not going to dump that stuff in your mouth.

This one should buy me a lot of friends.

black plaugue?<------what?
black outs? <----oooh wow!

If you look at Africa, things are not going well over there. Liberia was an experiment that failed, Zimbabwe is another failure and who knows what will happen to South Africa.

nothing bad will happen to s. africa its doing good esp soweto a african suburb.
you sound very negative about africa !those are only a few countries! there are some who are doing good! and that aint no lie

no you are wrong the poorest country in the world is india and at the wave of racist domincans heading to puerto rico puerto rico will be next!! and france had something to do with haiti debt!

>>.why maroon? do you know who the maroons(w. africans) were? i think not!

I love you, no s#it!
Black is beautiful <----- of course it is thats why black americans are the most mocked people in the united states. people won't admit it though americas next top model finanlist were black.

dominicans listening to reggaeton which was started in puerto rico which derives from jamaican dancehall and migrating west indians(black panamians) who started spanish reggae.

FuegoAzul21

Jun 28, 2004
brownskin said:
^^how is it to not understand what i wrote? it aint hard to tell!

Originally Posted by brownskin
do domincan republicans know that there are many afro-boricuas in puerto rico esp in loiza? PR meaning do they know that there are black puerto ricans? and that puerto rican music is african influenced heavily and its alive and well in their culture!

and how do the domincan republicans there treat the afro-boricaus or look at them that were there before them?

especially some of these domincans that say they are indio-obscuro is that a wake up call to them when they get discriminated against white puerto ricans?

^^^
what i mean by that probably 80% of dominicans swear they are not of african desent but they say they are taino or dark indians and spanish mix?
where are the pure tainos at then but when they arrive to P.R they experience a different light!

The so called indio obscuro thing is too describe thier skin color not thier race

>> tito trinidad is a afro- boricua his skincolor is not black! african americans have various brown skin tones from light to dark but we are called black people.

this discussion shouldnt have gone the Race route,like i said before its all nationalistic .Dominicans do not deny african descent .When a Dominican is Dark skinned but is of mixed race they want people to know that .Yes , Dr has a history of considering black things to be bad .However , there are many reasons for this .First you must look at the history of our country .We were attacked by a predominantly black country(Haiti) 4 times in our history.Dr was found of the basis that we were not Haiti and wanted to differentiate from them as much as possible .Thats just an Add on to the unconditional feeling of white is better , which is shared by every Latin American country .We are about the only nation with this situation in Latin America.Also, Dominicans on average are Darker than PRs because of this .The same discrimination Dominicans get in DR is the same mexicans get in the USA , Colombias get in Venezuela, its natural for PRs to feel that way about dominicans goin to their shores illegally.My initial argument was toward the attitude geared toward us in the USA , which is a different case becuase here we are all immigrants.The race card is brought up becuase in cases like ours people need to point out the differences to hate and thats one of them.Dominicans dont consider themselves black becuase they are not ,they are of mixed race .Dr does not follow the so called one drop rule like in the USA , its not part of our culture , our system is more accurate.

Ps. why are so many people in favor of the one drop thing as if black blood is the only blood this system can work for .now that i think of it , this rule demeans black identity by treating african blood like its a plague .Why cant that work for chinease blood ,its silly,pretty self-destructive to the afro-centric movement

brownskin

Dec 14, 2004
FuegoAzul21 said:
this discussion shouldnt have gone the Race route,like i said before its all nationalistic .Dominicans do not deny african descent .When a Dominican is Dark skinned but is of mixed race they want people to know that .Yes , Dr has a history of considering black things to be bad .However , there are many reasons for this .First you must look at the history of our country .We were attacked by a predominantly black country(Haiti) 4 times in our history.Dr was found of the basis that we were not Haiti and wanted to differentiate from them as much as possible .Thats just an Add on to the unconditional feeling of white is better , which is shared by every Latin American country .We are about the only nation with this situation in Latin America.Also, Dominicans on average are Darker than PRs because of this .The same discrimination Dominicans get in DR is the same mexicans get in the USA , Colombias get in Venezuela, its natural for PRs to feel that way about dominicans goin to their shores illegally.My initial argument was toward the attitude geared toward us in the USA , which is a different case becuase here we are all immigrants.The race card is brought up becuase in cases like ours people need to point out the differences to hate and thats one of them.Dominicans dont consider themselves black becuase they are not ,they are of mixed race .Dr does not follow the so called one drop rule like in the USA , its not part of our culture , our system is more accurate.

Ps. why are so many people in favor of the one drop thing as if black blood is the only blood this system can work for .now that i think of it , this rule demeans black identity by treating african blood like its a plague .Why cant that work for chinease blood ,its silly,pretty self-destructive to the afro-centric movement

We were attacked by a predominantly black country(Haiti) 4 times in our history.Dr was found of the basis that we were not Haiti and wanted to differentiate from them as much as possible

>>well shouldnt that be a nationality hate thing too and when was d.r was really established as a country?
toussiant olevuture freed slaves from the french and from the spanish on the d.r side the creoles in haiti did nt like it and the mullatos of d.r did not like it.

Dominicans on average are Darker than PRs because of this .The same discrimination Dominicans get in DR is the same mexicans get in the USA , Colombias get in Venezuela, its natural for PRs to feel that way about dominicans goin to their shores illegally

well you may not like what i say but you are more black than puerto ricans are not as in skin color but heirtage ancestry and hanve creole lines from haiti. colombia what kind of colombians get into venezuale my friend went to colombia and said there are massive negros there and in venezeula hugo chavez support the afro- venesuealans for better treatment.

OFF TOPIC:
cuba- home of african rooted salsa i used to disagree with castro now i seee why many white cubans fled cuba cause afro-cubans were about to be on the same level as they were now when castro dies i belive there may be a race war there esp if miami cubans try to take back there lands.

Dominicans do not deny african descent
i have heard it many times and the hate towards blacks is sick trujillo may have started this stigma puerto ricans- some do the same thing but it aint as bad as d.r

When a Dominican is Dark skinned but is of mixed race they want people to know that

^^^ by parents or by ancestry ?cause thats different see. i think latin americans go on by ancestry except haitians(yes they are latino too in reality they speak a romance langauge but are not thought of to be latinos but neways! if dominican republicans are mixed in anyway they should say they are *afro-meztizo( african, spanish and amerindian admixture) *mullato( african and european/white mix only. european spanish( nordics or mediterean types). okay me set an example for you my friend would you consider someone who was post slave american negro made a mullato child with someone white and then on down line the child mates with someone white and so forth just white admixture do you consider them mullato? i don't! they're white with very distant black ancestry get me? i myself can personally pinpoint my native american(north america) ancestors from looking at pictures of my grandmothers family on my fathers side but am i a native american? no i am not! it's in my blood . many white americans have native ancestry too probably more than black americans but they are white and yeah im sure some whites go around saying they are native and some black americans but in reality they are white there is nothing wrong with tapping to your roots i go to pow wows all the time yeah i get funny looks from mexicans but you know one thing those tribes that i seen there have nothing to do with indians within mexicos boundaries.

why are so many people in favor of the one drop thing as if black blood is the only blood this system can work for .now that i think of it , this rule demeans black identity by treating african blood like its a plague .Why cant that work for chinease blood ,its silly,pretty self-destructive to the afro-centric movement

one drop blood? thats an out dated jim crow law of the southern states even back then in those days whites with 1 drop of blood were treated as blacks were but they were white !not black.

why can't that work for chinese blood?
well this aint china and being chinese is a nationality/country name

blacks here in this country have been mixing with native slave, holders rape by white plantation masters i know you have heard of mandingo right? black americans was not always called black there was colored, negroe(the white way of saying it). black people just stuck with black they coukld have choose to call themselves brown heard of the (brown bomber a black boxer)
and not all ppl say they are black when they're mixed meaning by parents

!the goverment control the census people are free to pick what they want but along time ago hispanics were shoved into the white categorie don't know if its still being done!

whether its latino-black
latino-white
black-not of hispanic origin
white -not of hispanc origin
native american
asian( now asians not all asians are the same as people may think there are
north africans are declared white for some reasons there are still nubians in the north many have converted into arab identity and there are still indigenous black africans in many n. african countries they are servants to arabs and are muslims.

as i said b4 many puerto ricans, not all but some, have african ancestry or are afro-puerto ricans ones who have admixture of all 3 afro- meztizo are probably white based on their color or mullata i'll have to ask my co worker who is from there.

afro-asiantic ones but they are asian! not black! indians from india are asians many have negroid bloodline ancestors may not acknowledge or know but they are asian or indian dravadian or whatever they may cal themselves some here in the united claim white. those above are just a few

many latinos pick other for some reason or say they re nationality which to me does not mean anything how is telling someone your mixed half black and half puerto rican mean anything? it does not? but n-e means its saying your another nationality and your american or whatever.

but back in there himeland they pretty much would pick white status or an classification thats closer to white!

question to you some cat said that merengue is taino music?

merengue sounds similar to zuok which is african based (rythms)give me some info on the real

FuegoAzul21

Jun 28, 2004
brownskin said:
We were attacked by a predominantly black country(Haiti) 4 times in our history.Dr was found of the basis that we were not Haiti and wanted to differentiate from them as much as possible

>>well shouldnt that be a nationality hate thing too and when was d.r was really established as a country?
toussiant olevuture freed slaves from the french and from the spanish on the d.r side the creoles in haiti did nt like it and the mullatos of d.r did not like it.

Dominicans on average are Darker than PRs because of this .The same discrimination Dominicans get in DR is the same mexicans get in the USA , Colombias get in Venezuela, its natural for PRs to feel that way about dominicans goin to their shores illegally

well you may not like what i say but you are more black than puerto ricans are not as in skin color but heirtage ancestry and hanve creole lines from haiti. colombia what kind of colombians get into venezuale my friend went to colombia and said there are massive negros there and in venezeula hugo chavez support the afro- venesuealans for better treatment.

OFF TOPIC:
cuba- home of african rooted salsa i used to disagree with castro now i seee why many white cubans fled cuba cause afro-cubans were about to be on the same level as they were now when castro dies i belive there may be a race war there esp if miami cubans try to take back there lands.

Dominicans do not deny african descent
i have heard it many times and the hate towards blacks is sick trujillo may have started this stigma puerto ricans- some do the same thing but it aint as bad as d.r

When a Dominican is Dark skinned but is of mixed race they want people to know that

^^^ by parents or by ancestry ?cause thats different see. i think latin americans go on by ancestry except haitians(yes they are latino too in reality they speak a romance langauge but are not thought of to be latinos but neways! if dominican republicans are mixed in anyway they should say they are *afro-meztizo( african, spanish and amerindian admixture) *mullato( african and european/white mix only. european spanish( nordics or mediterean types). okay me set an example for you my friend would you consider someone who was post slave american negro made a mullato child with someone white and then on down line the child mates with someone white and so forth just white admixture do you consider them mullato? i don't! they're white with very distant black ancestry get me? i myself can personally pinpoint my native american(north america) ancestors from looking at pictures of my grandmothers family on my fathers side but am i a native american? no i am not! it's in my blood . many white americans have native ancestry too probably more than black americans but they are white and yeah im sure some whites go around saying they are native and some black americans but in reality they are white there is nothing wrong with tapping to your roots i go to pow wows all the time yeah i get funny looks from mexicans but you know one thing those tribes that i seen there have nothing to do with indians within mexicos boundaries.

why are so many people in favor of the one drop thing as if black blood is the only blood this system can work for .now that i think of it , this rule demeans black identity by treating african blood like its a plague .Why cant that work for chinease blood ,its silly,pretty self-destructive to the afro-centric movement

one drop blood? thats an out dated jim crow law of the southern states even back then in those days whites with 1 drop of blood were treated as blacks were but they were white !not black.

why can't that work for chinese blood?
well this aint china and being chinese is a nationality/country name

blacks here in this country have been mixing with native slave, holders rape by white plantation masters i know you have heard of mandingo right? black americans was not always called black there was colored, negroe(the white way of saying it). black people just stuck with black they coukld have choose to call themselves brown heard of the (brown bomber a black boxer)
and not all ppl say they are black when they're mixed meaning by parents

!the goverment control the census people are free to pick what they want but along time ago hispanics were shoved into the white categorie don't know if its still being done!

whether its latino-black
latino-white
black-not of hispanic origin
white -not of hispanc origin
native american
asian( now asians not all asians are the same as people may think there are
north africans are declared white for some reasons there are still nubians in the north many have converted into arab identity and there are still indigenous black africans in many n. african countries they are servants to arabs and are muslims.

as i said b4 many puerto ricans, not all but some, have african ancestry or are afro-puerto ricans ones who have admixture of all 3 afro- meztizo are probably white based on their color or mullata i'll have to ask my co worker who is from there.

afro-asiantic ones but they are asian! not black! indians from india are asians many have negroid bloodline ancestors may not acknowledge or know but they are asian or indian dravadian or whatever they may cal themselves some here in the united claim white. those above are just a few

many latinos pick other for some reason or say they re nationality which to me does not mean anything how is telling someone your mixed half black and half puerto rican mean anything? it does not? but n-e means its saying your another nationality and your american or whatever.

but back in there himeland they pretty much would pick white status or an classification thats closer to white!

question to you some cat said that merengue is taino music?

merengue sounds similar to zuok which is african based (rythms)give me some info on the real

creole blood from Haiti ? my friend , you are very , i mean very, misinformed , you think durin the occupation people just went around F***ing Haitians? thats sooooo not true . I know for a fact that i have no so called "creole blood" , im 100% Dominican and so are 95% of all Dominicans , the reason we are so dark is becuase during the occupation a large portion of the white and light skinned population fled to other places, not cuase people started mating with haitians , if that was the case there wouldnt have been a reason for an independance movement ,dont you think? and why was it soooo popular ? if people were mating with Haitians it wouldnt have been , it probably would have never happended if that was the case. It was an occupation not a colonization , there is a differance. Dont commit the mistake that many Afro-Centrics are known for which is preaching things they want to beleive but arent true. thats to end that . about 10% of venezuelas population is Colombian and they are many times faced with discrimination, i never said they were no black colombians .What i meant about the one drop rule is that i have noticed in you posts that you are on the "f you have some african ancestors you are black" scene ,becuase people with that mind set always want people of mixed heritage to forget the rest of their other heritage and concentrate on their african and i dont agree with that. Puerto Rico has a lighter population becuase they never had a slave rebellion and had most of the islands whites leave becuase of it , if Dr was never occupied by Haiti , the population would have looked more like PRs , thats my beleif , but im glad we dont look like them, so thats that.As for merengue , it is a mix of african , indian , and european music .Much like DR, and it comes from DR, it is Dominican music.

Quisqueya

Bronze
Nov 10, 2003
Fuego,

Its me again.. Listen, i would like to know what type of blood you have....I am not the one to impose that 1 drop rule that the US imposed on its colored folks...I am certainly not saying that dominicans have haitian blood...but majority have african blood.. And blaming the occupation on the reason why dominicans are darker is basically another dominican inferior complex and always use haitians as a scapegoat.. And to use ur words it was more of the spaniards and the french to some extent was boning your african ancestors which make up the dominican population... My friend nobody is pure anything in the Americas.... Dominicans are creoles not because hatiians rather because Don Cervantes and gang saw your dominican ancestor as a sex object and property...Even in haiti the french were having fun with there slaves thus our mulatto population......

Do me a favor walk down the malecon and find me an indian...not likely to happen...but Go to mexico, peru, bolivia and you'll see a real indian....see the difference....

Although, a real real small population of dominican may have some taino blood but its definately obvious which blood line flows stronger in DR...and dont blame haitains for you being darker....Scapegoat...and very weak statement.....even haitans have taino blood...pratically every god damn town in haiti has the taino presence...but its obvious which blood line dominates....by the way, Haiti is an indian word..so we're indian more than you are...see how absurd that comment sounds...basically that how dominican are viewed when they make stupid comments about them being indio...

I know its hard being black/ mulatto but damn....you're not indians..why would you want to be indian anyway...They were weak and wiped out as soon as the colonizers step foot on the island..just to show your inferior complex of an average dominican...but dont worry, the more of you will realize how black you are in living in PR and USA and face racism for just because of the color of your skin..

I will leave you with a proverb..The truth shall set you free.....Go luck in the mirror and find same indian traits..rather you'll most like see a teddy bear nose big lips, high cheek bones, and maybe wavy hair....mulattos...why do think domincans are the best at doing hair....sure not indian hair that the average dominican is trying to manage

FuegoAzul21 said:
creole blood from Haiti ? my friend , you are very , i mean very, misinformed , you think durin the occupation people just went around F***ing Haitians? thats sooooo not true . I know for a fact that i have no so called "creole blood" , im 100% Dominican and so are 95% of all Dominicans , the reason we are so dark is becuase during the occupation a large portion of the white and light skinned population fled to other places, not cuase people started mating with haitians , if that was the case there wouldnt have been a reason for an independance movement ,dont you think? and why was it soooo popular ? if people were mating with Haitians it wouldnt have been , it probably would have never happended if that was the case. It was an occupation not a colonization , there is a differance. Dont commit the mistake that many Afro-Centrics are known for which is preaching things they want to beleive but arent true. thats to end that . about 10% of venezuelas population is Colombian and they are many times faced with discrimination, i never said they were no black colombians .What i meant about the one drop rule is that i have noticed in you posts that you are on the "f you have some african ancestors you are black" scene ,becuase people with that mind set always want people of mixed heritage to forget the rest of their other heritage and concentrate on their african and i dont agree with that. Puerto Rico has a lighter population becuase they never had a slave rebellion and had most of the islands whites leave becuase of it , if Dr was never occupied by Haiti , the population would have looked more like PRs , thats my beleif , but im glad we dont look like them, so thats that.As for merengue , it is a mix of african , indian , and european music .Much like DR, and it comes from DR, it is Dominican music.

Status
Not open for further replies.