Dominicans and their ancestry

Status
Not open for further replies.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Pib said:
Watch out that you don't trip over your tangled undies.

What does it matter what colour I am? Does it add anything to my argument? Can't you get past the messenger and judge the messange on its own merits? Don't you see it proves exactly my point?

I apprecciate what I am, that is what I made of myself. How should I expect others to see me for what I am (and not for a few twitches in my DNA chain) if I don't define myself by what I want them to see?
Don't sweat it Pib, this is just a Dominicanyork heavily influenced by the White-Black racist mentality that is unfortunately still prevailant in the US.

Race doesn't make a culture, a culture is different from race. Ever wonder why Italians don't identify with the Spaniards or French, or why the British don't identify with the Germans or Sweedish? After all, aren't the native peoples from those places white? If race was a creator of culture, they should all identify as such and yet, they don't.

All white Latin Americans don't adentify as being the same simply because they are white. First they are from the country they were born in, they they identify as Hispanic, but not the other way around.

However, those who are black and those who are mulattos and/or mixed (ie. not blacks or white) want to identify as all being the same since they all came on "a boat". That is silly because:

1) The whites also came on a different boat, but a boat non the less.

2) The cultures that each black and mixed person has been subjected to has been mostly according to the place they live in. A Black Venezuelan or Dominican or Colombian will think of himself to be as much a part of that country as any white or mixed from such country.

A black Venezuelan has more in common with his other Venezuelan countrymen than he does with most other blacks in this hemisphere or in Africa. The samething happens in the DR.

Yet, I don't see why there is this notion that "all blacks and mixed are the same". That's just a bunch of bull.

Even the native indians from all the areas of the hemisphere don't identify as being one and the same!

Culture and skin color has no correlation what so ever.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
deelt said:
Hey haven't you heard:

"Y pa' que ella/el se metio con ese/a maldito/a negro/a" sound bad to me.
I have heard that in the US many blacks get uncomfortable when one of their family members dates and/or marries a white person.

Does that sound bad to you too or is it only a one way deal?

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
DulcineaToboso said:
P.S -- racial mixing is not exclusive to DR....people have been mixing all over the world...for years...Africans mixed with other cultures before they were kidnapped and brought to the Americas...I'm dozing off so...until tomorrow.
Actually, Africans were not really kidnapped, they were sold by their own leaders to the Portuguese and Dutch who were the ones doing much of the transatlantic slave trade with the Americas.

And I have news for you, for centuries before the Europeans got the idea of using Africans as slaves, Europeans used to enslave their own people.

And during that same timeperiod, Africans were enslaving themselves and Arabs were taking Africans as slaves to the middle east and southeast Asia. This happened for hundred of years before the Europeans got the idea of copying what the Arabs and Africans were already doing for centuries.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
BY THE END OF THE 16TH CENTURY 65% WHERE BLACK,20%MULATTOS AND 15% WHITE...HOWEVER, NOW(2004 CENSUS SHOW) IT'S ABOUT 40%BLACK, 55%MULATTOS AND 5%WHITE......
Please, quote up to 3 sources that say this...

ANYWAY, I'M A DOMINICAN WHO BARELY HAS BLACK BLOOD...IN FACT, I AM FROM THE CIVAO, WHERE THE LITTLE BIT OF WHITES ARE LEFT....I COULD SEND YOU A PICTURE IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE ME :)
You don't have to send anything, many of my family members live in the Cibao and I go there every other week since I live in Santo Domingo.

BTW, Cibao is written with a B, not a V. Seems like you have not been down to the DR in a while and as such, could explain your very Americanized Black/White racist mentality.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Matos said:
I'M NOT SAYING WE DO NOT HAVE WHITE BLOOD BUT WHAT I AM SAYING IS THAT THE MAJORITY OF US ARE DESCENTENS OF AFRICANS.....WE ARE JUST HAPPEN TO BE MIXED BECAUSE THE SPANIARDS RAPED THE AFRICAN WOMEN AND NOW WE GOT.... TONIO ROSARI....FELIX SANCHEZ.....MANNY RAMIREZ...ME AND LOTS OF OTHER MULATTOS JUST FACE IT......
Raped?

Please, don't generalize, afterall, slaves were considered human in all Spanish territory, contrast that to what happened in the US where a slave was considered only a third human. You need three African slaves in the US to be counted as one human being and that was imbedded in the constitution!

Also, most of the Africans were male, so I guess they did not raped any Indians when they escaped with the indians to the mountains from the plantations and I guess white ladies were never raped by some furious black slave at anytime.

Please, tell me where you are getting your information from, please point to at least 3 sources...

deelt

Bronze
Mar 23, 2004
Nope, sounds pretty bad too especially if its to an ignorant white person that can't teach their mixed child the beauty of their blackness or teach their child how to do their hair right. I emphathize with their pain. And we all know that just because you're white doesn't make you beautiful. But that's a different discussion. It just cracks me up to see some rags-to-riches-story brothas with some seriously ugly, dumbass heifers. hahahahaha

Like M'Shelle Ndeochello sang, "Brotha, brotha does the white woman look better with your Brooks Brothers suit?"

I am all for mixing, done it myself on occasion. It all really is a state of mind and at the heart of it all an issue of checking your motivations. At least in DR people know how to work all types of hair, it eases a lot of pain.

:glasses: ;) :lick: :rambo: :laugh:
D

Nal0whs said:
I have heard that in the US many blacks get uncomfortable when one of their family members dates and/or marries a white person.

Does that sound bad to you too or is it only a one way deal?

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
You have not realized that Americans are not the only ones that look at a Mulatto and see "black". I am Dominican with light skin and African features. I consider myself "black" because I look "black", as do the majority of Dominicans.

I have realized that, I have American business friends and have studied various aspect of American culture.

The way Americans interpret race is wrong and quite frankly, they are the only one's who interpret it in exclusively white/black terms.

Here in the US...and everywhere else...if you look black you are black...if you look white you are white...because who has the time to sit down with everyone they meet and ask him how many different races does he descend from... except in countries where there is a mulatto population...in the countries there is great need to deny whatever race is considered inferior and assimilate to the race that is considered superior. In Dr we want to be as white or indigenous as possible and as little black as possible.
That is an incorrect assumption of yours.

I have been to several European countries and spent quite some time in them, I have visited Kenya only once, but have also done research on several African countries including South Africa (where they recognize mulattos as being separate from black, and this is a severely racist country we are talking about). I have traveled to many Latin countries and of course to the US and let me tell, the US is the only place that looks at people and defines them as white or black.

Please, do more research into this because its obvious you are not aware of the cultural exclusion the US has when it comes to racial recognition and the rest of the world.

For lack of a better example, Halle Berry is not black she is mulatta, so is Alicia Keys, so is Vanessa Williams, Lenny Kravitz...and the list goes on...but you never here anybody say that these people are white or mulatto...according to the media they are black artist...so why is it that they are not going crazy saying "Oh no I'm not black, I'm mulatto/a", and we are?
This is the result of the abuse and opression mulattos have in the US. Most mulattos in the US don't even know what that word means!

They have been told by the whites that they are black in order to keep the white culture "purely white" and they have been told by the real blacks that mulattos are black in order to have more political power against the whites.

Mulattos have been lied to time and again. Of course, its easy for a real white or a real black to tell a mulatto to only embrace a part of who such person is. But notice, would you ever deny one of your parents? Why not? Because in doing so you are denying a part of who you are.

Well, let mulattos identify as that which they are, I don't understand (beyond the political power deal) why blacks in particular feel threatened whenever mulattos want some recognition.

Besides, mulattos are recognized in every country in the world, except the USA.

I have friends (not of African descent--i.e. European white, South/Central American white or of indigenous descent, Asian, Arab, East Indian) from many countries and they all see me as black.
You probably live in the US. Ever heard the term when in Rome do what the Romans do.

Well, if a European moves to the US and sees the racist mentality towards race in that country, he tries to tell the Americans that they should not do such thing, but guess what, you are in American turf and you will be outnumbered by those saying that looking at the world in black/white is right when its not.

What will you do? The samething these European whites who live in the US are doing, they will see you as black because in the US that is the case, but that is not the case in the rest of the world and only by traveling around will you recognize this.

I mean why is it that the majority of Dominican women with kinky hair relax their hair? por que se dice pelo malo? Pelo bueno?
Have you ever tried to comb kinky hair? It's pretty hard compared to straight hair. Gee, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to say that kinky hair is bad hair, why? Because its a battle to comb it!

Porque se usa "ella es trigue?ita...indiesita...morenita...pero casi nunca se usa negra (para describir)...y cuando se usa tiene que ser de cari?o...por que si uno describe a alguien como negro ya eso es un insulto.
The word Negro has a similar conotation to the word Nigger (excuse me for using it) it has in the US.

Among blacks, the N word is perfectly fine, but let a white person say it jokingly to a black person and all hell breaks loose.

Even the word Negro is not considered to flattering in the US! It has to be black or African-American. Why would it be any different in the DR.

BTW, the good hair and bad hair thing also exist among the black Americans and black Americans do praise a bit more the lighter ones than the darker ones. Have a good conversation with a black American about this subject and you will be enlightened by what you will hear and learn.

Oh one more thing, the Dominicans that look white, obviously white, do they go around saying that they have Taino or Black ancestry? Why isn't it an issue for them?
I am one of the "Blancos" and I don't go around saying what I am because its obvious. The exception comes in these boards for identification sake.

But, those who may look white but are mix, they do make it a point in case to point to their other composition from time to time. Insult their black father in front of them and in front of of their white mother and the very very light skin son or daughter will stand up to defend her beloved black father.

In the same manner, insult his/her white mother and he/she will stand up to defend her. Denying a part of who you are is to deny your own existance. Only highly depressed people should be pardoned from such racist and stupid action as that.

Last edited:

Tordok

Bronze
Oct 6, 2003
DulcineaToboso said:
Miscegenation is an archaic term invented in 1863 to describe people of different human races (usually one European and one African) producing offspring; the use of this term is invariably restricted to those who believe that the category race is meaningful when applied to human beings. In modern usage, the term is common only among those who believe that such "race mixing" is inherently bad.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

mis?ceg?e?na?tion
1. The interbreeding of different races or of persons of different racial backgrounds.
2. Cohabitation, sexual relations, or marriage involving persons of different races.
[Latin miscre, to mix; see meik- in Indo-European Roots + genus, race; see gen- in Indo-European Roots + -ation.]mis?cege?nation?al adj.

I do not retract the word. No moral attributes, just a descriptive term. It literally means to mix races; as per the dictionary, which gives definitions and not opinions like yours or Wikipedia's.

The whole thread has been along the lines of "races" in their archaic concept, thus the argument must be made at that level.Whether the concept race is outdated, then that's a different level for this discussion. I had no intent to offend, on the contrary I think our mixing must be inclusionary, not exclusionary or reductionistic.

- Tordok

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
deelt said:
Nope, sounds pretty bad too especially if its to an ignorant white person that can't teach their mixed child the beauty of their blackness or teach their child how to do their hair right. I emphathize with their pain. And we all know that just because you're white doesn't make you beautiful. But that's a different discussion. It just cracks me up to see some rags-to-riches-story brothas with some seriously ugly, dumbass heifers. hahahahaha

Like M'Shelle Ndeochello sang, "Brotha, brotha does the white woman look better with your Brooks Brothers suit?"

I am all for mixing, done it myself on occasion. It all really is a state of mind and at the heart of it all an issue of checking your motivations. At least in DR people know how to work all types of hair, it eases a lot of pain.

:glasses: ;) :lick: :rambo: :laugh:
D
Thank you for explaining. I was not sure if you were also brain washed by the black/white mentality of the US or whether you still had a way of thought similar to that of the rest of the world, that is to say recognizing that the world is not just black and white.

Believe it or not, I am all for mixing, but I am not fond of denial.

I think Mulatto Dominicans and Black Dominicans (even White Dominicans) all celebrate our tri-cultural experience every time we listen to our music, every time we eat our food, every time we live our life in the "Dominican" sense.

Afterall, everything that is considered "Dominican" is nothing more than a byproduct of the three major races that have blended well to make this fine country.

I just hate it when people don't recognize in how more ways than one Dominicans celebrate their diversity by simply acting and being the Dominicans that we are.

Again, thank you for the response, it cleared alot of misconceptions I had towards you with this issue. ;)

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
No lo puedo creer...

Deelt,

Mi amiguita no s? si debo felicitarte o llorar. Seguiremos charlando.

(I would like to add that this comment is in reference to something internal and not specific to what was said in Deelt's post).

Nals, I don't get it. How do you justify the rest of your tyranny on this thread? Actually don't answer your posts speak for themselves.

-Lesley D-

Nal0whs said:
Again, thank you for the response, it cleared alot of misconceptions I had towards you with this issue. ;)

Last edited:

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Lesley D said:
Deelt,

Mi amiguita no s? si debo felicitarte o llorar. Seguiremos charlando.

Nals, I don't get it. How do you justify the rest your tyranny on this thread? Actually don't answer your posts speak for themselves.

-Lesley D-
Tyranny? I guess I can't express my opinions anymore and I'm the tyrant! My my my...

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
I have to confess that in more than one occasion I have had doubts about Rob?s wisdom (an easy thing to do;)), and have even privately protested his ?editorial? line and his ?ban? on certain subjects. It is with little regret that I now openly admit that he?s right. For reasons beyond my comprehension there doesn?t seem to be a thread about race on DR1 that doesn?t end in weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth with complimentary wringing of hands and righteous indignation. It seems as if more than a few DR1ers were incapable of discussing the subject with a cool head.

The funny thing is that most times is the same people that loudly protest racism (which I obviously condemn too) the ones that end up demanding to know other people?s ?racial identity? in order to make their mind about the merits of the message. The irony is so thick that it would be easier to swim in a vat of molasses.

I therefore present my own ?modest proposal?: DR1 will henceforth require all members to submit a complete DNA profile, stating the exact composition of their racial identity plus a professionally done genealogy study so we can assign merit-points to their arguments. And while we are at it, could we also study the nutritional values of Dominican pre-pubescent children?

I don?t need to use my great magical powers to predict that this thread will soon join its predecessors in the Great Hall of Fame of Trainwrecks. And since I have other more significant things to do (like cutting my toenails) I will leave this before a loose bolt hit me on the head.

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
Suggested reading....again

I read threads like these not because I find them informative (quite the contrary) however, to remind myself that I need to keep reading in order to know how to better handle matters like these or people who think a certain way if I encounter them in life because obviously from what I can see as a society we still have a very long way to go. I am a firm believer in reading books (not internet sources unless the book is on-line) in order to understand difficult concepts like race & society. Opinions are just that ?an opinion? but credible books are the best resources because they have the historical perspective and conscientiousness that always seems to be overlooked. I suggested this book in another thread and I will suggest again because it offers an in depth analysis of polemic issues in Latin America including race and others from colonization to present day. After having read the book more than once I will say that knowledge of any kind is transferable, retainable, empowering and enlightening. It?s your choice to enlighten and empower yourself.

If you are interested in reading literature on this polemic subject matter I offer this book:

Author: Carlos Alberto Montaner
Title: Las raices torcidas de America Latina

The whole version of this book is available on the author?s website. Do a search under the title and the book is available in a PDF format.

Regards,

-Lesley D-

Last edited:

chadfisher21

Feb 13, 2005
Nal0whs said:
Can't argue with you here, you hit the nail.

Well, if you are lighter than your mother, then expect your mother side of the family to call you claro or blanco. If your skin color is closer to that of whites than blacks or browns, then expect to be considered claro or blanco as well.

Also, keep in mind that its just a way of differentiating you from maybe your cousins (who might be a varied colors) and/or other peoples around.

The fact that they call you blanco, doesn't mean you are white, it just mean you are light skin. Keep in mind that you have european blood in you from your father side and clearly Taino and maybe some African blood from your mother side. The straight hair from your mother is clearly a native trait. You are the quitessential Dominican, a mixture of the three pillars Dominicans society stands upon.

Also, just how the word Indio is used here in the DR to mean a mixed person, not an indian.

In Haiti, the word Blanc (which means White in French and in Creole) is used to mean a foreigners, not necessarily a white person.

However, you will hear many Haitians and American blacks and American non-blacks say that Dominicans use the word indio to hide their African heritage and that is just not true.

Just how the Haitians use the word blanc to mean non-Haitian, they don't use it to hide their European influences, which although are less so than other areas of the hemisphere, Haiti still has some French influences.

No dude, my mother is not Taino and I don't have African blood in me because I am not the slightest way Dominican. My mother is of descent from India, not indio like Native American. I don't confues terms. Both my parents are foreigners as in not from here at all! And yes I live in the DR so I know what I'm talking about

chadfisher21

Feb 13, 2005
Nal0whs said:
It's rather ignorant to say all Dominican have African blood when in fact, all don't have African blood.

If you would have said, many Dominicans have some African blood (by saying some, you recognize there is a mixture, where else will you see dark skin people with blue eyes for example).

There are many Dominicans who clearly don't have any black blood in them, I'm one of them and there are many like my self. In fact, look at our last suppose president Hipolito, as much of a traitor he was to the nation, he is still a white Dominican.

The only real blacks (unmixed blacks) found today in the DR are Dominicans of American slave decendants from Samana, Dominicans decendants of the Congolese from Villa Mella, and the Dominicans decendants of Cocolos from San Pedro de Macoris. Aside from those, the other pure blacks are Haitians and Dominicans of Haitian decent.

Other than that, it's a conction of mulattos, Asian-Dominicans, middle eastern-Dominicans, jewish-Dominicans, japanese-Dominicans, etc etc etc

A new study recently using mitocondrial DNA (the type inherited from the mother which happens to never change its form through generation) found that many Dominicans (more than many Afro-centric peoples would like to accept) have some Taino traits in their bloods and the same spells for Puerto Rico.

Also, I'll suggest you come to the DR and take a visit to the Vega Real (especially the Campo named Baqui and Maguey) and then come here and tell everyone that there are no Dominicans with heavy Taino phenotypes and genes. As you will see, many folks (especially in those two campos, but also in many other campos in the areas) have yellowish to light skin with dark spots due to the sun, high cheek bones, and other physical features that clearly point to strong Taino features.

Also, in every Dominican home, the concept of who is family, the roles of the mother in the house, and cooking methods is a mixture of our European, Taino, and African cultures blended into one.

certain food (like Casabe), certain music instruments (like the Guira), certain vocabulary (like bohio), the typical wood shack homes found all over the countryside (which are Taino style bohios), and names of places (like Bonao) are all from the Taino influence and Spanish influence.

In addition to this, many Dominicans have traits that only Indians have, like the so called shovel teeth.

I understand its hard for many Afro-Centric peoples, especially those from the United States, to accept that mixed people are called mixed because they are not purely one or the other thing, aside from being purely mixed!

I know its hard for Americans and American-influenced peoples to accept the mixture that has occured in the DR because the US is a country that is still lagging behind when it comes to race.

They think branding people into white or black is good, but that notion came from the racist white of the South of the USA who wanted to keep their white blood pure. Thus, any body with any tiny bit of black blood is considered black in the US, but that is to keep the whites pure.

The real blacks also abuse from the mulattos by forcing them to believe that they are black when they are not. The reason for this is for more political power. The reality is that a mulatto is called mulatto for a reason and that reason is because a mulatto is nothing more than a mulatto, not white or black.

In South Africa, mixed peoples are called Coloured, in the rest of the world they are called Mulattos, in the USA they are called black. Guess what, majority rules, US kick your racist view out the window and accept reality.

The world doesn't come in nice packages. It would have been nice if the world could easily be divided into simple and nice packages, but that is not the case, so adjust you views to reality and stop trying to cover the sun with one finger.

Hopefully, in this day and age of DNA technology, we would be able to take samples of many if not most Dominicans to fully make it clear to everybody of the mixtures that exist in the eastern two thirds of the island of Hispaniola.

Ah, man, I do live in the DR been here for six years. If you're Dominican you've got African blood in you maybe just a small bit but you do. Unless you can t race your heritage back to whenever, you've got some form of African in you. That's the problem with Dominicans, always trying to neglect your heritage because of an event which happenend so long ago, yeah the Trujillo event. But face, you're black in one way or another and so is every person walking this island.

Matos

Feb 23, 2005
Nal0whs said:
1. Don't use cap-locks, unless you are intentionally screaming and if so, tone it down a bit, this is a debate, not the jungle.

2. It's apparent that you currently live in the US. Thus, when you come to the DR, your mind focuses on the higher proportions of browns and blacks found in this country than white skin people. As such, for you, we might as well be considered all black, but that is just your brain adjusting to the Dominican sight after being in a country like the US where whites tend to overflow most areas in numbers.

However, look at most Dominicans streets and you will see mixtures of people, brown, white, black, olive-skin, etc etc etc.

3. There is proof that Tainos did not went into extinction in 1499 as previously believed. I would suggest for you to do more research on this subject before further insultings those Dominicans who do have Taino strains and take as much pride in identifying their Tainoism as much as they identify with every other strain from Africa and Europe that makes them who they are.

I"M not screaming.... i'm make it clear for people like u to understand.....I don't have taino blood so i know this is not a jungle.....Listen, i understand all your life you have been lied to about your culture and race.....I"M going to give you one last source that has been consider a fact evengone by the
UNITED NATION...This book that is writting by "Dawn Stinchcomb" along with the help of Blas Jimenez (a black dominican writter that i'm pretty sure you have not heard of) is the only historical fact that dominicans have.....

Anyhow, i know its cibao,,i tend to type fast when i read ignorants like that and have to respond to it.....I was born in the Clinica Coromina,,in Santiago......I came here in 1997 .......You are obviously upset because dominican Republic is a black nation with a WHITE minority and it's ok...Everyone has the right to be racist,gay,stupid,ignorant ect.....anyway,,please do not talk to some one who is born in the dominican Rep. about there own culture.......Even the dominicans that are currently living down there are racist and do not want to except there race....However, me I am not gonna follow that style or lie and continue to be without an identity like a Puerto rican :)

Anyway, I have to go and studie for my next exam for school.....I am on my way on getting my degree in Journalism.....I have been here for nearly 8 years and believe that because of my exceptance of race,,,I have enought identity to studie and not become another racist dominican Factory worker ...........peace out Trujillo ;)

Matos

Feb 23, 2005
LOL slaves were considered human in all spanish territory

Nal0whs said:
Raped?

Please, don't generalize, afterall, slaves were considered human in all Spanish territory, contrast that to what happened in the US where a slave was considered only a third human. You need three African slaves in the US to be counted as one human being and that was imbedded in the constitution!

Also, most of the Africans were male, so I guess they did not raped any Indians when they escaped with the indians to the mountains from the plantations and I guess white ladies were never raped by some furious black slave at anytime.

Please, tell me where you are getting your information from, please point to at least 3 sources...

It does not matter how many sources i get you...Whoa, you have to have a lil penis to say something so white like that LMAO.....I love white people.....i'm not racist in fact i wish we did have more light skin people in dominican republic.....I love white girls......do you have a sister??

Matos

Feb 23, 2005
you are funny

Matos said:
It does not matter how many sources i get you...Whoa, you have to have a lil penis to say something so white like that LMAO.....I love white people.....i'm not racist in fact i wish we did have more light skin people in dominican republic.....I love white girls......do you have a sister??
Look you are going to believe whatever your mind wants.....I coud get you hundreds of source....However, i deal with dominicans like you everyday and when i mind is brainwashed at an early age,,,it does not matter how many source you get.....So believe what you want to believe and keep on preaching the racist views and tarnishing the dominican name...why stop now we have been doing it forever :)

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I finally got PIB's message and you know what, I'm going to adhere to it.

Lo peor en el mundo es hablar con personas que simplemente hablan sin verficaciones.

Favor de citar sus verificaciones si quieren que yo acepte sus presupuestos.

Si quieren mis verificaciones, lean mis post que yo e puesto en este site en los ultimos par de a?os y despues que ustedes entiendan con quien estan hablando, entonces volvamos hablar de forma civilizada.

Lo peor que hay en el mundo es un ignorante, pero mucho peor es el ignorante que siempre piensa que esta en lo correcto y nunca piensa que talvez su manera de pensar es incorrecta.

Yo siempre estoy abierto a diversas opiniones e ideas del desarollo humano (sea cultural, racial, etc), pero no me gusta discutir con personas que acen reclamos y no presentan ni una fuente de credibilidad.

Que lastima que no se pueda hablar o debatir sobre los problemas raciales y otros problemas en la sociedad sin tener que la discusion se vuelva en nada mas que un sitio de insultos y ataques injustificado y/o sin validad ninguna. Que lastima!

Y para Matos: Yo no naci de un cuero y yo no me acuesto con un cuero! Y si tu quieres mujeriar, pues alla tu. Pero favor de no tratarme o referir a mi familia con tan baja dignidad.

Yo no se de donde tu vienes y por eso dejo todos mis mensajes de acuerdo a lo que entiendo de ti a base de tus posts. Pero nunca considare de meter a tu familia por un simple debate y espero que tu tengas la dignidad como hombre y humano civilizado de devolverme aunque sea ese favor!

Last edited:

Matos

Feb 23, 2005
I unerstand what your say

chadfisher21 said:
Ah, man, I do live in the DR been here for six years. If you're Dominican you've got African blood in you maybe just a small bit but you do. Unless you can t race your heritage back to whenever, you've got some form of African in you. That's the problem with Dominicans, always trying to neglect your heritage because of an event which happenend so long ago, yeah the Trujillo event. But face, you're black in one way or another and so is every person walking this island.

People like nalowh or whatever her name is,,,have an inferior complex....A lot of dominicans do and that is why they decide to marginalize or not even regonize their african blood.....Anyhow,,,,I like your point of view and in fact no matter how many source or proof or even if god comes down from heaven and tells dominican where they originated from.....They will some how get a few bootleg sources from the internet and disagree with anybody....So we just have to keep on teaching our kids the truth and maybe someday in the near future,, we wouldn't have so many dark skin dudes in our island trying to marry light skin girls to whitten up the race.........peace and keep doing your thing buddy

Status
Not open for further replies.