Edenorte

Aug 6, 2006
FPL has a nasty habit of momentary outages that seem designed to screw up computers. You really need an uninterrupted Power Supply in my part of Dade County.

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
Learned our lesson the hard way, they tend more toward brownouts in Broward. Sorry, went off topic.

london777

Bronze
Dec 22, 2005
Keep in mind that running a fan is only of use if there is a person in the room with the fan. If you are running ceiling fans in unoccupied rooms, it is a waste of energy and money.
Not true. We keep ours running 24/7 (Edenorte permitting). Only slightly reduces the temperature, but more importantly keeps the air circulating to minimise smells fom the drains, neighbours cars and cooking, and it does a lot to discourage mosquitoes. The amount it adds to our bill is trivial, and the least of our problems with utilities here.

Were you in the US military by any chance? I have an ex-service friend who gets enraged at me for leaving fans on. I wonder if it was something that is instilled into the military?

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
I leave nothing turned on when I am out....... hardly anything plugged in either...... why take any chances......

Have u ever seen dr colour codes for wiring??

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
Not true. We keep ours running 24/7 (Edenorte permitting). Only slightly reduces the temperature, but more importantly keeps the air circulating to minimise smells fom the drains, neighbours cars and cooking, and it does a lot to discourage mosquitoes. The amount it adds to our bill is trivial, and the least of our problems with utilities here.

Were you in the US military by any chance? I have an ex-service friend who gets enraged at me for leaving fans on. I wonder if it was something that is instilled into the military?

Ex military and I turn everything off when I leave. I don't have pets like Harleysrock.

drescape24

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
no military service here and i turn off everything as well. i have pets but the dogs are outside and the cats can move their fat furry asses and go outside as well. we leave windows open so there is enough breeze.

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
My fiances family lives in SD and pays at least $2500-3000 peso a month because Edenorte keep rolling blackouts all the time and they are upset becuase they run corner store and its killing them. They claim DR will not get 24/7 electricly outside of Nactional. But I highly doubt entire DR will get 24/7 service, maybe in year 2020 or later.

shak4u

Jun 28, 2010
Furry asses cats

no military service here and i turn off everything as well. i have pets but the dogs are outside and the cats can move their fat furry asses and go outside as well. we leave windows open so there is enough breeze.

Our cats have never been outside our screened porch in the 5 years we have lived here, because we respect other people's property. I hope your's are not the one's that come to our home and spray a couple times a week leaving that stinking smell on our property. Please respect other people and keep your gatos inside.

Our cats have never been outside our screened porch in the 5 years we have lived here, because we respect other people's property. I hope your's are not the one's that come to our home and spray a couple times a week leaving that stinking smell on our property. Please respect other people and keep your gatos inside.

You sound like my uptight neighbors in the fancy area I lived most my life. Relax it man it's a cat!!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006

my cats do not spray, they are castrated/spayed/neutered. they even take a dump in our garden as they like to take their time. respect other people's property? please. they are cats. they barely get up from the sofa. besides, all our neighbours are animal friendly. we all have dogs, few have cats and there are also few feral cats in the area.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013

Buy a gate!!!! Or a big dog.

. Sounds like guantanamo for cats!!

Mine goes ( or used to ) wherever he wants!! He is a cat!!! U know 9 lifes and all!!

shak4u

Jun 28, 2010
Their females and fixed. It's the cats that run wild that spray around other peoples houses.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Their females and fixed. It's the cats that run wild that spray around other peoples houses.

i don't understand your issue then? all my cats are done, only 2 go out, the third is epileptic (also spayed). what's the fuss here? normal people care enough about their animals to neuter them so "pi**ing" on the property of others is not a problem.