Expats Living in the DR

As an expat living at least 3 months every year in the DR, how would you rate your experience?

• Very Good

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Good

Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Fair

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Bad

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Very Bad

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
It was more in the past since 2005 from living in the DR until I left over a year ago. Just from the expats I have met during the years do I have the impression.
Yesterday's "feel like " temperature on google (in Santo Domingo) was 107 F.

• Wow
Reactions: CristoRey

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Yesterday's "feel like " temperature on google (in Santo Domingo) was 107 F.
Not sure what you mean but I am actually in Santo Domingo right now and yes it’s warm.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I have never found JW to be very friendly. The ones I have run into keep to themselves and barely acknowledge my existence if I say hello to them.
Well, they are plenty friendly when they are trying to convert you. We had two delightful JW women from Jamaica that were very friendly and taught my wife how to make Jerk Chicken. There are a number of Black American JW 's here and they are also friendly people.

Reactions: aarhus and JD Jones

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
Well, they are plenty friendly when they are trying to convert you. We had two delightful JW women from Jamaica that were very friendly and taught my wife how to make Jerk Chicken. There are a number of Black American JW 's here and they are also friendly people.
Wait untill you get converted and change your mind after baptism.

• Haha
Reactions: NanSanPedro

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Wait untill you get converted and change your mind after baptism.
Impossible to convert me, I am unreligious. As kids my parents would let us go to any church....etc that we wanted. My mother was raised Anglican and my father Baptist, Seven-day Adventist on one side of the family and Jewish on the other side. Most of my friends growing up were Jack Mormons or Pentecostal so I have exposure to almost every christian sects and several eastern religions as well.

Reactions: JD Jones and johne