haitian integration, while the island be unified once again, once and for all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quisqueya

Bronze
Nov 10, 2003
DRshooter said:
This guy quisqueya is illustrating why there can't be unification...we can't even get along on a thread!... this guy is an elitist slave driver... he keeps his poor in check... people like him is what make haiti what it is..greedy elitists
Stay on you side masisi bole, piti

Stay in you place....now you want to call it truce...since i pulled ur card from under the rug.... See like I said when ever i dominican campesino is put in his place by a Haitian he tries to rationalize....You are not in my league mon vieux....Vous etes extremement insolent......and dont forget my chancletas in your sisters room....I must admit ur women are the best concubines en la isla....

Quisqueya

Bronze
Nov 10, 2003
wventura said:
Oh really then explain why puertorican mullatos are typically much lighter than dominicans, although we live in the same climatic region??? I want to hear this.

This is that whole "we're just dark because of the sun" thing, and its pathetic.

Why dont you just have them (dominicans) buy miss key...blanquedora productos...and bathe in it....LOL.........and have all of them looking like people from Santiago....

Nw,

sorry but DR isn't little spain...only en sus suenos....

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
DRshooter said:
This guy quisqueya is illustrating why there can't be unification...we can't even get along on a thread!... this guy is an elitist slave driver... he keeps his poor in check... people like him is what make haiti what it is..greedy elitists

I know what you mean. I'm in the upper income stratum of Dominican economics, but I WOULD NEVER IN MY LIFE would look at a poor Dominican as if he is my servant (unless he/she are my maid, but even they get some dignity from me). In fact, my family even builds nice small concrete homes to our maids so that their family can live a dignified life.

A poor Dominican still gets my respect just for being a Dominican. I NEVER look at them as my slave or my subjects. In fact, its for them that I am fighting all of these stupid unification ideas that pop up once a while. I know my lifestyle won't change much, but its the poor that will suffer the most. As long that they are Dominicans and are willing to defend their patria, they get my respect. Through my family's business, we are even helping employ them as well.

If Quisquella is representative of rich Haitians, then there is the root of the problem. But uniting would not solve it.

DRshooter

Apr 23, 2004
Quisqueya said:
Stay in you place....now you want to call it truce...since i pulled ur card from under the rug.... See like I said when ever i dominican campesino is put in his place by a Haitian he tries to rationalize....You are not in my league mon vieux....Vous etes extremement insolent......and dont forget my chancletas in your sisters room....I must admit ur women are the best concubines en la isla....
My sister wouldn't piss on you if your gums were on fire... haitian women on the other hand sleep with 10 guys at a time...ohhhh and most haitian men swing both ways... so cojete un haitiano por el culo mejor, que eso es lo que te gusta a ti...mariconaso

Quisqueya

Bronze
Nov 10, 2003
Nal0whs said:
I know what you mean. I'm in the upper income stratum of Dominican economics, but I WOULD NEVER IN MY LIFE would look at a poor Dominican as if he is my servant (unless he/she are my maid, but even they get some dignity from me). In fact, my family even builds nice small concrete homes to our maids so that their family can live a dignified life.

A poor Dominican still gets my respect just for being a Dominican. I NEVER look at them as my slave or my subjects. In fact, its for them that I am fighting all of these stupid unification ideas that pop up once a while. I know my lifestyle won't change much, but its the poor that will suffer the most. As long that they are Dominicans and are willing to defend their patria, they get my respect. Through my family's business, we are even helping employ them as well.

If Quisquella is representative of rich Haitians, then there is the root of the problem. But uniting would not solve it.

Nalowhs,

Why are a good politician.... You have these campesinos thinking that they are one of you...The only reason why you hold on to them at an arms length is to keep the poor haitians for ur door step.... I will try to be diplomatic about it too....

Why don't u let him go watch a cockfight and play dominos..

BTW,

All of the maids in my house speak french and we send there kids to school and become a great haitian citizen....can't keep the people down for ever...and I have several dominicans working at a beauty salon and pay them fair...well just enough...to send back for Eugenio....LOL

Like I said Drshooter...stay out of grown folks business....u might learn something or two...and realize u r one meal away from living in the Bateyes.....

Quisqueya

Bronze
Nov 10, 2003
DRshooter said:
My sister wouldn't piss on you if your gums were on fire... haitian women on the other hand sleep with 10 guys at a time...ohhhh and most haitian men swing both ways... so cojete un haitiano por el culo mejor, que eso es lo que te gusta a ti...mariconaso

You just revealed that you are a pure chopo....its easy to detect you wanna be elite dominicans...LOL....stay in the barnyard...before I have my yard worker exploit you mother..and make sure she uses lemisol..b4

wventura

Oct 21, 2003
Quisqueya, this is not a forum to make insults. We have strayed to far from the original topic.

It would be better if we would discuss the pros/cons, of unifying both countries on our beautiful island.

Narcosis

Dec 18, 2003
wventura said:
Quisqueya, this is not a forum to make insults. We have strayed to far from the original topic.

It would be better if we would discuss the pros/cons, of unifying both countries on our beautiful island.

You don't understand...Quisqueya does not want unification and neither do Dominicans. Your opinion is not shared by Dominicans, or most Haitians for that matter.

Haiti needs to get help from the international community if it is to rise above it's current state, instead of following what your country's leaders and European leaders want, you should be asking them to aid Haiti in recovery instead of this dead-end idea of unification.

DRshooter

Apr 23, 2004
Quisqueya said:
You just revealed that you are a pure chopo....its easy to detect you wanna be elite dominicans...LOL....stay in the barnyard...before I have my yard worker exploit you mother..and make sure she uses lemisol..b4

I am a chopo!!! Un chopasooooo... proud of it... haitians on the other hand...hatefull, aids ridden brujos... better a chopo than a haitian...
Que vivan las chopas, romo, mujere gorda con panti de bolita....pero no haitians...
Stay in haiti.
You should be against unification too, it seems you hate us just as much as we hate you.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Quisqueya said:
Nalowhs,

Why are a good politician.... You have these campesinos thinking that they are one of you...The only reason why you hold on to them at an arms length is to keep the poor haitians for ur door step.... I will try to be diplomatic about it too....

Why don't u let him go watch a cockfight and play dominos..

BTW,

All of the maids in my house speak french and we send there kids to school and become a great haitian citizen....can't keep the people down for ever...and I have several dominicans working at a beauty salon and pay them fair...well just enough...to send back for Eugenio....LOL

Like I said Drshooter...stay out of grown folks business....u might learn something or two...and realize u r one meal away from living in the Bateyes.....

I never said I let them think they are one of us. I just never disrespect them. I give them the dignity and the respect that they deserve as Dominicans that they are. They DO go cockfighting (a European invented sport) and they do Play Dominoes (a Spanish influenced sport). In fact, they can do whatever they want, they are free to do so. They are not my slave and I'm not a master of anyone. You in the other hand, well you explained yourself very well in this forum.

To tell you the truth, I don't care how you view and/or treat your own people in your land. As long that you don't want my land, heck do whatever pleases you. But, if my land is threatened, lets just say that Petionville will be the end of the battle field.

DRshooter

Apr 23, 2004
Nal0whs said:
I never said I let them think they are one of us. I just never disrespect them. I give them the dignity and the respect that they deserve as Dominicans that they are. They DO go cockfighting (a European invented sport) and they do Play Dominoes (a Spanish influenced sport). In fact, they can do whatever they want, they are free to do so. They are not my slave and I'm not a master of anyone. You in the other hand, well you explained yourself very well in this forum.

To tell you the truth, I don't care how you view and/or treat your own people in your land. As long that you don't want my land, heck do whatever pleases you. But, if my land is threatened, lets just say that Petionville will be the end of the battle field.

See what I mean about haitians...this guy(quisqueya) has said he wants to rape my sister and give my mother to others to gang rape....hmmmmm.
Nuff Said...
Haitianos en su lado!

probo

Feb 9, 2003
Don't pass the opportunity guys

Greetings to all.Dominicans, Hatians, Mulattoes, Europeans, Asians, and Africans.

This is a sensitive subjects, but throwing insults around creates a barrier between the goals of effective communication some are trying to achieve.This is a wonderful site with a wealth of information. I was born in Haiti and came to the states as a three year old. I am now a grown man educated in the States (NY) married to a Dominican woman whom I met vacationing in Juan Dolio. We got married and I sacrificed a great deal of time and effort to bring her here. Now I have a wonderful wife and a beautiful son.I thank God for him, my wife , and her family. My parents were middle class Haitians who enjoyed a decent life style in Haiti before they decided to come and live in Ny. I never once recall my parents teaching us to hate Dominicans or anyone for that matter. When I got married, my family flew down to the wedding and both families rejoiced and had a wonderful time. Patua, French , and Spanish were spoken that day. No one had a problem with anyone.
I have a lot of respect for the posters who are posting their opinions.
However, just be aware that there are two sides to every issue and accurate information is desperatley needed.It tends to clarify and relieve anxiety. But inacurrate and terrible information tends to inflame readers therfore leading to more hate.
To some of the Dominican Posters: I thank you for the opportunity to have visited your country many times, thankyou for the friendships I have forged with my wife's family and the people from San Pedro De Macoris. If possible,
I want you guys to began seeing things differently. When you say things like ,"They ( The Hatians) want to kill us , and take our land." It sends the current mentality of your country 150-200 years backwards. Hatians don't go around speaking like that. Your country has and is currently progressing to another level. Some of the posters are suggesting that a more healthy attitude is needed because the old ones were constucted at a different time. When men followed and feared dictators and repeated whatever the dictators wanted to hear.Hate is taught. No one is born hating anyone. Trujillo didn't only hate Hatians , he hated everyone. He is resposible for the deaths of Domincans and Haitian. That is what hate does.I am not disrespecting him. I also know he did great things for your country. But that is what hate leads to. As a country , or a human being men don't have to feel superior because someone told them that they are better than someone else. That is called a false sense of security. Your country should feel great about itself, because over the years you have taken ,risk, been lucky, and made several positive choices.
Given or taken different twist of the road the samething could of happen in Haiti. Sometime they do well sometimes they fall apart. For all their woes, they could still turn things around but they need a shift in their thinking.
I think the average annual salary in the Dr is about $2,200 in Haiti its about $1,400
and their currency rate called the "gourde" is somewhere between (25-30) to one American Dollar.These are differences (perhaps) huge to some, but the way people spoke, I use to think Dominicans made $30,000 and Hatians made $200 a year.That is the perception, but it is far from the truth.It is not a stretch to think things could be turned around.The country is in bad conditions but not as bad as people think.
Hatians had tourism, Americans,Canadians,and Europeans coming to their country when they had stabilization in the early 1960's -70's . They are not some sort of savage, or subhuman, when they work well they prosper.Every country in the carribean knows that. When they work agaisnt each other they self destuct.Every society experiences that. So stop focusing on them.
There are old age attitudes that permeates in the Dr about Haiti and so many aren't true.Infact so much information has been twisted, changed, and adapted, that sometime it makes me just wonder! Then you have generation and generation of people repeating inaccurate information and clinging to it and for the most part never have visited Haiti.What is unfortunate , is that people look at the current crisis and say," See we told you they can't do anything right!""Look at the country!"" That is another example of people of an African Culture unable to do anything correctly!" Nonesense the country wasn't always like that.That is the worse it has ever been in a very long time and people shouid be able to make that disitinction. I remember arguing with a Dominican teacher, that my family speaks french and that we are praticing Cathloics. She said that was impossible, Hatians practice Voodoo and speak only patua. I had to re-educate her. I really see that many Dominicans lack credible information about Hatians. I know this website is for Dominican related issues but, this is also a place to exchange positive cultural data. I totally agree with the poster who siad, "BEING PRO-DOMINICAN DOESNOT MEAN YOU HAVE TO Be ANTI-HATIAN.

I read an article posted on Dr1 that said a study was performed and found that Haitians for the most part are not staying in the Dr. They work and go back home. There maybe between 500,000 and 600,000 but not the 1,000, 000 + people were going around saying. I don't need to repeat the word poor to describe Haiti. The world has done it a thousand times. A country needs weapons , currency, and a sound military to invade. The Haitians have niether. There is no invasion, The Haitians have no hatred of Dominicans. In the United States, Whites did horrific and terrible things to African Americans that lasted for at least 300- 400years . The African Americans who are hanging unto that anger are destroying there lives.Anger and Hate is counter productive. Many Dominicans are getting more educated in the states and in the Dr. They are also meeting all kinds of Hatians like doctors and lawyers besides ditch diggers and sugarcane cutters.I happen to be a teacher who teaches in a Dominican neighborhood in the South Bronx. One day perception will change and I hope the propaganda will stop. politicians have played that card over and over and over.The hatred is based on [aged old propaganda that is used over and over and over.] When middle class and upperclass Hatians hear these things they laugh,Because It isn't True, who has the time to amass an army , march across an island and get killed? I can't believe some Dominican still take this sriously. The Dr. is a wonderful place my friends but as poor as Haiti is many Hatians prefer to stay at home.we cannot force individuals to stay in their country because they make their own choices. It is very difficult to uproot and live in another country. Especially when people want your services, but you are not welcomed

To the Hatian posters,
although sometimes the information about Haiti is exaggerated by the Dominicans, You have to feel their pain. I witnessed with my own eyes Hatians in rags begging and asking for money. Some were asking me and they were very rude. They were surrounding me.
I started getting angry but instead of doing something crazy , I gave them a few pesos and jumped in a cab. I did see many in San Pedro and it just made me wonder. For the most part they were either selling something, engaged in labor, or hanging around. Here in the states, Iget a little alarmed when a new low income group is oversaturating my neighborhood. Its just Human nature.

I don't think any unification has to take place. I have been hearing all my life Puerto Rico is going to be the 51st state and it hasn't happened. Dominicans and Haitians both have pride.Its not about hate its about respect.Two countries can both exist on an island.Many Dominicans don't want to do it but look at it this way many Hatians don't want to either. They don't have to merge,however, their current relationships and how they view eachother needs a desperate makeover. I also think for The Dominicans or anyone to respect Haiti as a country , THE HAITIANS HAVE TO PLAY BIG AND MAKE KEY MOVES AND GET THE COUNTRY ROLLING.Than trade and other talks can seriously take place.
As a kid I hated taking care of my brother all the time. As two prosperous adults I enjoy his company.

DOMINICANS >>>>>>HEAR THIS HAITI DOES NOT WANT TO INVADE YOU.
THE YEAR IS 2004. COLONIAL DAYS ARE OVER. HATIANS ARE NOT SAVAGES. THEY COME FROM ALL DIFFERENT LEVELS OF THE SOCIO ECONOMICAL LADDER.THEY COME IN ALL DIFFERENT COLORS MIXED WITH A VARIETY OF RACES.THEY CANNOT HATE MULLATOES BECAUSE THERE ARE MANY MULATTOS WHO LIVE IN HAITI. I KNOW BECAUSE I AM ONE !!!!!!!!!!! SO IS MY FAMILY. WE SPEAK FRENCH, PATUA, ENGLISH AND SOME SPEAK SPANISH
MANY OF US ALSO LIVE IN DIFFERENT RUNGS OF THE SOCIAL ECONOMICAL LADDER IN THE STATES.
UNFORTUNATELY THE POOREST OF THE POOR GO TO YOUR COUNTRY TO MAKE MONEY. SOME STAY BUT MANY ALSO LEAVE. MANY COME ILLEGALLY BUT MANY ARE ALSO RECRUITED. PLEASE STOP THE PROPAGANDA IT IS OLD!!!

HAITIANS HEAR THIS:>>>>>>>> NOT ALL DOMINICANS HATE YOU. I MET MANY WHO DON'T CARRY ANY SORT OF HATE OR PREJUDICE. IF YOU HAVE MONEY AND YOU ARE HELPING THEIR ECONOMY. THEY REFER TO YOU AS "LE FRANCES"OR "THE FRENCH." THEY WILL TREAT YOU LIKE ANY OTHER TOURIST.YOU WON'T HAVE ANY PROBLEMS. EVEN IF YOU DON'T HAVE MONEY THERE ARE MANY WHO WILL INTERACT AND CARRY ON WITH YOU JUST LIKE ANYONE ELSE. THERE ISN'T SOME CULTURAL WAR GOING ON.

TO THE POOR HATIANS(OR PEASANTS).
HOWEVER THERE ARE THOSE THAT DON'T LIKE YOU.
SO PLEASE RESPECT THEIR COUNTRY.THEY (THE DOMINICANS)WORKED HARD TO BUILD THERE COUNTRY OVER THE PAST SEVERAL DECADES AND THEY DON'T WANT TO LOSE THEIR EDGE. WHEN THEY WANT YOU TO BUILD UP THE DIFFERENT SECTORS IN THERE COUNTRY,THEY WILL CROSS THE BORDER,SEEK,AND RECRUIT YOU TO DO THE WORK. HOWEVER WHEN THEY ARE EXPERIENCING ECONOMIC WOES THEY WILL NOT WELCOME YOU AND PUT THE BLAME OF THEIR PROBLEMS SQUARELY ON YOUR SHOULDERS. SOMETIMES THEY WILL INFLAME PUBLIC INTEREST BY USING NEGATIVE INFORMATION FROM ANOTHER ERA AND TIME TO MAKE THEIR POINT.SO PLEASE BE CAREFUL !!!

Peace
I just like to tell the truth as honest and sincere as I can.
Unification No! not needed
Communication Yes
Clarity Yes
Goals Yes
Ignorance No !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
UNFOTUNATLEY NATURE HAD TO REMIND US THAT WE ARE AN ISLAND OF CARING HUMAN BEINGS !!!!!

Last edited:

Quisqueya

Bronze
Nov 10, 2003
DRshooter said:
See what I mean about haitians...this guy(quisqueya) has said he wants to rape my sister and give my mother to others to gang rape....hmmmmm.
Nuff Said...
Haitianos en su lado!

Now you're crying like a little girl....but its ok for you to disrespect haitians and feel proud to say kill them all.. You are nothing but a hypocrite....

Quisqueya

Bronze
Nov 10, 2003
Nal0whs said:
More African, oh please. It's a 50/50 thing. The thing is natural. The DR is a tropical place, so by acts of nature the mulattos skin color comes darker for protection from the Sun. Otherwise, why do most mulatto Dominicans born in NY come out lighter? Answer me that one!

Nalowhs,

50/50...you got to be joking......Dominicans are the blackest of all of the spanish speaking countries in Latin America.....You can put dominicans in Alaska and they will still come out as little morenitos.....Mulattos are nothing but light skin morenitos with african features....look at an average dominicans features...

And don't dare to say dominicans are darker because of its neighbors...that would be an insult to all of the black dominicans who have no haitian lineage and never stepped foot in haiti.....

Dominicans born in NY come out lighter because either one of their parents are from Puerto Rico or another country......

Please lets not get into the racial issues....because I'm not hear to convince you that most dominicans are negritos...

Lets stick to the topic....Uniting of the two countries would not improve anything...too much bad blood between us from the past in present would NEVER allow us to unite....

Quisqueya

Bronze
Nov 10, 2003
DRshooter said:
Even you don't like your own women...

Haitian women are the best....I never said I wanted to be with a dominican chick...just like to keep them as concubines...especially the little catholic ones from Santiago....they are freaks behind closed doors....

Quisqueya

Bronze
Nov 10, 2003
DRshooter said:

Could please stop putting "Aji" in your mondongo...its effecting your brain...
How can we get along if you are disrespecting my Nation....if you were civilised and stop blasting your bachata maybe we could have a productive dialogue.....until you show some respect I will continue to put you in check....

ONe thing I agree with you is that Uniting the two country would not improve anything.............

Quisqueya

Bronze
Nov 10, 2003
wventura said:

I apologize for insulting some of you guys but I refuse to let some dominicans disrespect my people without facing any consequences...

Uniting the country I repeat will not do anything for either side of the island

Another thing I would like to mention is that since all of the Sugar Mills Left DR...now dominicans want to kick them out of DR.....remember your brought them their to do hard labor...now they are flooding ur cities and begging "Pol un peso" is your doing.....

Quisqueya

Bronze
Nov 10, 2003
probo said:
Greetings to all.Dominicans, Hatians, Mulattoes, Europeans, Asians, and Africans.

This is a sensitive subjects, but throwing insults around creates a barrier between the goals of effective communication some are trying to achieve.This is a wonderful site with a wealth of information. I was born in Haiti and came to the states as a three year old. I am now a grown man educated in the States (NY) married to a Dominican woman whom I met vacationing in Juan Dolio. We got married and I sacrificed a great deal of time and effort to bring her here. Now I have a wonderful wife and a beautiful son.I thank God for him, my wife , and her family. My parents were middle class Haitians who enjoyed a decent life style in Haiti before they decided to come and live in Ny. I never once recall my parents teaching us to hate Dominicans or anyone for that matter. When I got married, my family flew down to the wedding and both families rejoiced and had a wonderful time. Patua, French , and Spanish were spoken that day. No one had a problem with anyone.

Probo,

I understand where you are coming from but you can't tell me you are not upset of hearing this "koko rats" talk about us (haitians) like that. I am glad that you've found love and wish you the best. Like you I never recalled us haitians being taught to hate dominicans.. My neighbors were dominicans (Santiago) who worked at the Dominican Embassy never disrespected us like that. Matter of fact their kids were and still are my best friends and speak Creole and French like any other haitian.

I have a lot of respect for the posters who are posting their opinions.
However, just be aware that there are two sides to every issue and accurate information is desperatley needed.It tends to clarify and relieve anxiety. But inacurrate and terrible information tends to inflame readers therfore leading to more hate.

Exactly I can't allow these people to post inaccurate information about us....You have American, Europeans, and many others reading this forum. Now, if they base their opinion on what this dominicans say about us then they will never know the truth.

arguing with a Dominican teacher, that my family speaks french and that we are praticing Cathloics. She said that was impossible, Hatians practice Voodoo and speak only patua. I had to re-educate her. I really see that many Dominicans lack credible information about Hatians. I know this website is for Dominican related issues but, this is also a place to exchange positive cultural data. I totally agree with the poster who siad, "BEING PRO-DOMINICAN DOESNOT MEAN YOU HAVE TO Be ANTI-HATIAN.

Do you how many dominicans I had to re-educate about us(Haitians). To make matters worse they still thought I was lying when I said I was haitian....this anti-haitian sentiments were fed to them since birth....

I read an article posted on Dr1 that said a study was performed and found that Haitians for the most part are not staying in the Dr. They work and go back home. There maybe between 500,000 and 600,000 but not the 1,000, 000 + people were going around saying. I don't need to repeat the word poor to describe Haiti. The world has done it a thousand times. A country needs weapons , currency, and a sound military to invade. The Haitians have niether. There is no invasion, The Haitians have no hatred of Dominicans. In the United States, Whites did horrific and terrible things to African Americans that lasted for at least 300- 400years . The African Americans who are hanging unto that anger are destroying there lives.Anger and Hate is counter productive. Many Dominicans are getting more educated in the states and in the Dr. They are also meeting all kinds of Hatians like doctors and lawyers besides ditch diggers and sugarcane cutters.I happen to be a teacher who teaches in a Dominican neighborhood in the South Bronx. One day perception will change and I hope the propaganda will stop. politicians have played that card over and over and over.The hatred is based on [aged old propaganda that is used over and over and over.] When middle class and upperclass Hatians hear these things they laugh,Because It isn't True, who has the time to amass an army , march across an island and get killed? I can't believe some Dominican still take this sriously. The Dr. is a wonderful place my friends but as poor as Haiti is many Hatians prefer to stay at home.we cannot force individuals to stay in their country because they make their own choices. It is very difficult to uproot and live in another country. Especially when people want your services, but you are not welcomed

Most of these dominicans would make excellent comedians or payasos...thinking that we want to invade DR.... Give me a break....

To the Hatian posters,
although sometimes the information about Haiti is exaggerated by the Dominicans, You have to feel their pain. I witnessed with my own eyes Hatians in rags begging and asking for money. Some were asking me and they were very rude. They were surrounding me.

Ok, its true that alot of haitian kids are begging for money all over the major cities but most of them were born in the DR and their parents use to work as braceros for years..Its not my fault that the DR gov't didnt educate these unfortunate people...see,they thought they would never leave the Bateyes...oops...

Since you teach in the Bronx what about the delinquent dominicans all over robbing people and sitting in front of the Bodegas waiting to make their next sell. I feel sorry for you teaching in the Bronx...aren't you afraid that those little dominican hoodlums waiting for you outside to steal your purse or car. I feel sorry for Puerto Ricans because they are the ones suffering from this invasion...damn you are taking PR and turning it into a little Sto Domingo..why can't you at least leave Bronx for them.... Now have PRicans moving as far as Upstate to get away from you Domos...

I don't think any unification has to take place. I have been hearing all my life Puerto Rico is going to be the 51st state and it hasn't happened. Dominicans and Haitians both have pride.Its not about hate its about respect.Two countries can both exist on an island.Many Dominicans don't want to do it but look at it this way many Hatians don't want to either. They don't have to merge,however, their current relationships and how they view eachother needs a desperate makeover. I also think for The Dominicans or anyone to respect Haiti as a country , THE HAITIANS HAVE TO PLAY BIG AND MAKE KEY MOVES AND GET THE COUNTRY ROLLING.Than trade and other talks can seriously take place.
As a kid I hated taking care of my brother all the time. As two prosperous adults I enjoy his company.

I couldnt of said it better its about respect...and until these people realize that we will never have peace on Quisqueya.....

No to unification...its doesn't make since
We value our French and African heritage and you value your Spanish and clinging on to your little European heritage...

We speak French and Creole and you guys speak Spanish and cibaeno.

I can go on and on why it will never work....

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Quisqueya said:
Nalowhs,

50/50...you got to be joking......Dominicans are the blackest of all of the spanish speaking countries in Latin America.....You can put dominicans in Alaska and they will still come out as little morenitos.....Mulattos are nothing but light skin morenitos with african features....look at an average dominicans features...

You need to get out more! Ever been to Costa Rica away from the Central Platue?

Costal and Tropical areas of Colombia?

Costal and Tropical areas of Ecuador?

Brazil?

Panama?

Many areas of Honduras?

Even Nicaragua?

If those people that I saw in many regions of each of those Latin Countries above were not black, then I don't know what they were, but they were neither white nor indian. Go around the neighborhood a bit, and then say what you want to say.

And about Mulattos being light skin with African features, umm, do I need to mention Alex Rodriguez? or maybe Tono Rosario? Oh yeah, I forgot Milly Quesada? Please, Mulattos can't deny their European aspect as much as they can't deny their African aspect. The problem with black folks is that they judge everyone by their appearance. When YOUR BLOOD IS MIXED, you are neither black or white, but Mulatto. End of Story!!

And it doesn't matter because you know what, a Dominican is not a Haitian! End of Story!! DOMINICANS ARE NOT HAITIANS!!!!!!!! DOMINICANOS NO SON HAITIANOS!!!!!! PERIOD!!!

Lets also not forget that many of the blacks that you see in the streets of the DR ARE Haitian migrants, so please make sure you know who you're talking about!!

Status
Not open for further replies.