healthful hint for the poor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 29, 2006
And the same thing is happening in the DR. They are using up the forests for firewood and pretty soon if something is not done about it, the DR will look like Haiti in no time, barren.

Haiti is exporting black market charcoal to the DR. It's gotten so bad they are digging up tree roots in some areas.

Compressed Charcoal is easily produced from ag waste. The US could export it to Haiti, instead of burying it in the ground like they do now..

Charcoal/firewood can also be produced sustainable on the island by coppicing trees. This is where you cut the branches back and it's harvested once or twice a year. You can see this done along roadsides as living fence posts. You can reduce the amount of fuel needed by half or more by using more efficient stoves. They can be made from materials at hand, but some are made from old propane tanks and other heavier materials..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwujZFK05rY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9_4SS6RkLs

Potash has zero calcium in it. It is loaded with potassium though.. "Potash" --> "Potassium"

As for a diet of yucca, beans and rice~ who wants to live to 100 on that crap?

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
As for a diet of yucca, beans and rice~ who wants to live to 100 on that crap?

Watch your language meesta :rambo:

BTW did you know Puerto Ricans on average live longer than mainland US citizens, so eating Rice, beans and Yuca + having access to US level of health care is the secret to living a long life...What do you think of THAT Yapaski...err I mean Mart1n?

May 29, 2006
Watch your language meesta :rambo:

I like beans and rice and have them 2-3 times a week. But I wouldn't want to ONLY eat beans and rice. As for yucca, maybe I just haven't had it prepared in a way that is edible..

Puerto Ricans also eat way more pork and pork fat than Mainlanders. Now there's a diet change I can live with.

mart1n

Jul 13, 2006
I am not selling anything on this web and as far as using wood ash. the poor are already using wood to cook food but they are throwing away or putting it in the latrine to stop smell. Most people who wood for cooking get it from many different locations so the chance of getting a good mix of minerals is high.
The one mineral chromium, Average American Serum Chromium
Cr blood levels [u/L]
28 - 1000 in year 1948
180 in year 1959
520 in year 1961
170 in year 1962
28 in year 1960
23 in year 1968
13 in year 1971
10 in year 1972
4.7 -5.1 in year 1973
0.73 - 1.6 in year 1974
0.16 in year 1978
0.43 in year 1980
0.14 in year 1983
0.13 in year 1985

Deficiency of chromium is characterized by glucose intolerance [hypoglycemia,insulin resistance, hyperinsulinemia and diabetes] poor growth, peripheral neuropathies, negative nitrogen balance [loss of muscle mass- saropenia] and a decreased respiirtory quotient.

Is there a connection do the research

May 29, 2006
So this thread isn't about the DR at all. It's just an excuse for you to spout your personal tinfoil hat theories based on cherry-picking the internet.

It's been done.

Time for the mods to either close the thread, move it to Off-topic or hopefully, both.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
The soil in the Dominican Republic is mineral deficient and minerals are not distributed equally so if you are eating spinach to get iron but where it was planted there was no iron in the soil there is any iron in the spinach. Plants can not make minerals.

Not that I doubt you but do you have an links or studies that prove this. The soil throughout the DR is not consistent, and while some areas may be deficient in certain minerals other areas may not be. I know that throughout the Caribbean there is low iodine.

mart1n

Jul 13, 2006
Too bad they don't have access to a higher level of health care than that available in the USA.
That is good because the American health care stinks.
The most expensive in the world
Biggest and fancy hospitals
Use more pharmaceutical drug than the rest of the world
High percentage doctor to customers
after saying that
They are sickest in the world more cancer, diabetes, heart disease and one of the worst in live birth survival.
The third leading cause of death in US is the medical system check it out

mart1n

Jul 13, 2006
google soil degradation There is also studies on soil testing for cattle farming that show there is a depleting of a few trace minerals. The Caribbean is listed as being very degraded soil

Status
Not open for further replies.