Hippo a hero? A major fraud took place

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
First of all, all politicians are thieves. Name one senator or even a mayor of any american city who didn't retire as a millionaire? They all steal, everywhere. In fact, you can't get elected in a public office (USA) unless there is already a scandal on you. You stop listening to your superiors (the people you serve) and you will see a scandal spread on you all over the news media. Just look at Clinton, he didn't want to attack iraq and look how quickly Monica Lewinsky came out of the closet?
Now all of you Golo bashers, Listen to Golo and learn about the politics of this country. You little cockroaches have nothing to write about current affairs of this country except wait to come out from under your rocks to ask for proof of every statement he makes in his posts. This guy is deeply connected in the DR upper society and knows exactly whats going on in this country. For that reason he is rich and makes more money annually than most of you folks without working a single day. He is almost always on the money with his predictions and 100% correct in dominican political affairs.
He is the only man with the inside information is the dominican affairs on Dr1. Give him a bit more credibility than this. The ones who bash him are the same folks who know damn Sh*T about whats going around them in their tiny city alone. AZB

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
AZB said:
Now all of you Golo bashers, Listen to Golo and learn about the politics of this country. You little cockroaches have nothing to write about current affairs of this country except wait to come out from under your rocks to ask for proof of every statement he makes in his posts. This guy is deeply connected in the DR upper society and knows exactly whats going on in this country. For that reason he is rich and makes more money annually than most of you folks without working a single day. He is almost always on the money with his predictions and 100% correct in dominican political affairs.
He is the only man with the inside information is the dominican affairs on Dr1. Give him a bit more credibility than this. The ones who bash him are the same folks who know damn Sh*T about whats going around them in their tiny city alone. AZB

So true, AZB. From now every time Golo posts something only posts of the brown-nosing variety - like this one ;) - will be allowed. No debate is necessary. I am sure he would prefer it that way.

Chiri

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"AZB",get some "toilet paper" and wipe your mouth!!!!!!

When is the Wedding??????????????????? :p :p
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC :p :p

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
I actually really enjoy Golo's news posts...take them for what you think they're worth. I believe there's a whole lot more truth than speculation in them.

Jersey Devil

Bronze
Jul 5, 2002
Golo

trina said:
I actually really enjoy Golo's news posts...take them for what you think they're worth. I believe there's a whole lot more truth than speculation in them.

I tend to believe much of Golo's version of the story.
Maybe he can take over for Paul Harvey...................
Good Day!

JD

dms3611

Bronze
Jan 14, 2002
So many tied up with "what could have happened".....instead of "what did happen"

....and what did happen is the majority of the Dom Rep is happy about the outcome of the elections.....Leonel now has the opportunity (though it will be a tedious struggle) to start some real good/positive things for the country. As far as President HM goes...its as simple or complicated as this...early "self preservation discussions" with "various leaders" gave him a safety net and will allow him to avoid potential prosecution by handling things the way he did. Other of his followers will not likely fare as well.

The PRD still has PLENTY of power after the election. Its just that President HM appears to have lost his.

Apr 26, 2002
Golo's story has some major inconsistancies. For one, he says that Leonel would have sent troops to Iraq just like Hippo to appease Uncle North. Then he says that Leonel took money from Chavez and Castro for his election. Well, you don't make Uncle North very happy by doing things like that. Leonel would have had to have been an *** to take their money - and the CIA probably would have engineered his defeat if he had.

Formosano2000

Mar 5, 2003
Some press coverage today

KrackedKris said:
Provide some verifiable information for your gossip and I will eat my humble pie

While you will not find graphic details as in Golo's post, the following article does indeed back up the general strucutre of Golo's post, namely, that the collective force of US/Canadian/German/EU ambassadors and the OEA members aborted a potentially bloody coup.

-----------------
Embajadores alertaron por incidentes
Hertell advirti? ante hechos atribuidos a Pepe Goico y a Guido G?mez Mazara

http://www.elcaribe.com.do/articulo...d=A6564A65367C4F01BF2B7C025DF027E6&Seccion=63

KrackedKris

On Vacation!
Apr 8, 2004
Formosano2000 said:
While you will not find graphic details as in Golo's post, the following article does indeed back up the general strucutre of Golo's post, namely, that the collective force of US/Canadian/German/EU ambassadors and the OEA members aborted a potentially bloody coup.

-----------------
Embajadores alertaron por incidentes
Hertell advirti? ante hechos atribuidos a Pepe Goico y a Guido G?mez Mazara

http://www.elcaribe.com.do/articulo...d=A6564A65367C4F01BF2B7C025DF027E6&Seccion=63

Can't seem to find Powell's orders in that article???????

Hey, from what I know most of Golo's post is correct, I just dispute the part referring to the US "orders" and Hertel being "out of a job" when the administartion changes

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
KrackedKris said:
Can't seem to find Powell's orders in that article???????

Hey, from what I know most of Golo's post is correct, I just dispute the part referring to the US "orders" and Hertel being "out of a job" when the administartion changes

This is what those of us who are being accused of heresy have been trying to say throughout this thread.

Also, where and when did Leonel say he would have sent troops to Iraq? I distinctly remember him coming out explicitly against the war, at the same time Hippo made his forked tongue statement about supporting the Americans but being against (the) war, and Tolentino Dipp resigning as foreign minister. This was about a year ago IIRC.

Chiri

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Golo's post

Whether one believes every single detail of Golo's post or not, does not matter. The real message Golo is conveying is that El Burro should not be made out to be a hero for bowing down gracefully. I don't believe that for a minute, but I do firmly believe that Hipolito is capable of far worse and we should all remember his subterfuge ways, so that the populus never makes the mistake of voting him or his party back into office again.
Who cares if Colin Powell had anything to do with it? It doesn't matter.

KrackedKris

On Vacation!
Apr 8, 2004
Rocky said:
Whether one believes every single detail of Golo's post or not, does not matter. The real message Golo is conveying is that El Burro should not be made out to be a hero for bowing down gracefully. I don't believe that for a minute, but I do firmly believe that Hipolito is capable of far worse and we should all remember his subterfuge ways, so that the populus never makes the mistake of voting him or his party back into office again.
Who cares if Colin Powell had anything to do with it? It doesn't matter.

Rocky

I don't think anyone cares what Powell said (Except maybe Powell) the point was that Golo seems to take many liberties with his rhetoric

from past posts I acknowledge he is quite knowledgeable and sometimes insightful, but is it not proper to question and even take someone to ask when exaggerations appear in what they pass off as "fact?"

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
You got that right.

KrackedKris said:
Rocky

I don't think anyone cares what Powell said (Except maybe Powell) the point was that Golo seems to take many liberties with his rhetoric

from past posts I acknowledge he is quite knowledgeable and sometimes insightful, but is it not proper to question and even take someone to ask when exaggerations appear in what they pass off as "fact?"

There's no doubt than I have seen some less than honest posts in here and I can't even start to imagine what drives people to do it.
I just wanted to be sure that Golo's main message wasn't lost.
Hippo's not a hero, he's a zero.

gerd

Jan 10, 2002
Leonel annouces: No retaliation

I was surprised to read this today on the frontpage of a newspaper (was it Listin or El Caribe? Can't remember).

It kept me thinking. Could there have been a deal between Hippo and Leonel? Just a simple thought, no facts. Neither have I any Generals or similar even among my most distant friends or family. Not even a simple soldier.
My scenario:

I see Hippo on Sunday night, realising the outcome of the election. So what now? Pull the coup d'etat through and risk all the nice things he has put aside during the last four years? Or admit defeat, retire and finally enjoy life?
So he calls up Leonel and says: Hey buddy, what do you prefer: A civil war, I got all my men just waiting to pull triggers. Uncertain outcome, many deaths....or... I admit defeat, you will be President, and you let me go untouched, despite of some irregularities (no, Hippo wouldn't use such a word) that occurred?

Why no retaliation? Did Hippo ever pull the law about immunity for Ex-Presidents through?

Btw, some of his closest PPH followers must be deeply disappointed about their F?hrers' surrender. Might Hippo become a target for those?

Barnabe

Dec 20, 2002
Chirimoya said:
Barnabe, the weakness of the argument is that if the US were to intervene, it would be more likely to support Hippo, not Leonel, for reasons mentioned above.

Chiri

Well, so the US didn't intervene because if they had done it, Hippo still would be there?

With that "logics", Aristide who was put on power by the Americans, would also be still in place.

Leonel, with 60% voters behind him, was the horse to ride now. Better than an other mess at USA's doorstep, IMO

Barnab?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Barnabe said:
Well, so the US didn't intervene because if they had done it, Hippo still would be there?

With that "logics", Aristide who was put on power by the Americans, would also be still in place.

Leonel, with 60% voters behind him, was the horse to ride now. Better than an other mess at USA's doorstep, IMO

Barnab?

This has been flogged to death in recent threads. Aristide was re-instated by a very different US administration to the one in power today. Conversely, the current administration have been on good terms with Hippo. He was received very warmly at the White House last year and is good friends with the US ambassador.

I do take the point made by Golo earlier that he would have lost some of that goodwill when he withdrew the Dominican troops from Iraq.

I don't seriously think that the US would have stepped in to help him at that level though, especially when the defeat was so conclusive, but this would have been even more unlikely to happen in favour of Leonel who was against the war, and is perceived (correctly or not) as being left wing.

I am prepared to accept most of Golo's version of events, but like many others here I struggle to believe the Colin Powell bit.

Chiri

Barnabe

Dec 20, 2002
Chirimoya said:
This has been flogged to death in recent threads. Aristide was re-instated by a very different US administration to the one in power today.

So what? My point was: the US intervened in Haiti, why wouldn't they do the same in DR. Btw, Didn't Aristide come ion power during Bush Daddy?

Chirimoya said:
Conversely, the current administration have been on good terms with Hippo. He was received very warmly at the White House last year and is good friends with the US ambassador.

I do take the point made by Golo earlier that he would have lost some of that goodwill when he withdrew the Dominican troops from Iraq.

I don't seriously think that the US would have stepped in to help him at that level though, especially when the defeat was so conclusive, but this would have been even more unlikely to happen in favour of Leonel who was against the war, and is perceived (correctly or not) as being left wing.

That's a funny opinion. What has Irak to do with that? You mean that these people in the State Department are so limited intellectually that they would not stop a golpe in DR just because Leonel was against the Irak war when Hippo sent his troops?

As for Leonel being perceived as a left wing, I don't know who has this perception. Leonel was on power during 4 years and has no proven records to be a dangerous leftist, I think.

Anyway, it doesn't matter, I don't know more than you, and I like your fruity pseudo,

Barnab?