Hippo a hero? A major fraud took place

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Barnabe

What I have stated is not the old story. Felipa had vacated the PRD premises prior to the elections so she and her teams would be ready to handle the instructions from Hatuey De Camps in the streets, who was organizing his people to give Hippo a hard time on May 16th.

But after the elections, she went back and now has again taken over with her goon squad in the aftermath of her hero's expulsion from the party. The PRD is on fire.

TW

KrackedKris

On Vacation!
Apr 8, 2004
AZB said:
Kracked cris, do you even live in DR? Do you know anything about this freakin country? Where the hell do you live anyway? I was also there at the JCE office in santiago and saw an army of PPH tigres armed and ready to fight. There was word on the street to stay clear at night. I was with pph folks in the afternoon and heard them talk. After Hippo's defeat acceptance speech, many PPH followers felt betrayed and shocked at what they saw coming out of Hippo's mouth. They couldn't believe he was surrendering so fast without a fight. Believe me, there was going to be a major civil disorder in this country if someone very important hadn't intervened to stop it.
Now tell me this, why is it so hard for your gringo mind to believe that Colon Powell was involved? Do you work with him and assist him with daily tasks? What do you know about colon Powell except what they tell you in CNN? CNN... Hahahaha. I see it for laughters.

AZB

AZB, I get my information from a friend at Mossad, pretty interesting stuff regarding Powell.

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Here's the new info on Felipa Gomez in this afternoon's paper

This confirms the new take over.

http://elnacional.com.do/(koddoc55nsvznkatrge2l4m2)/aspx/article.aspx?id=8512

TW

Barnabe

Dec 20, 2002
Golo100 said:
This confirms the new take over.

http://elnacional.com.do/(koddoc55nsvznkatrge2l4m2)/aspx/article.aspx?id=8512

TW

My mistake, Golo. The kettle was on fire, now it's ready to explode. The civil war is inside the PRD now. They already started to prepare 2008?

Hippo's attitude is really strange. Things are going too smoothly, aren't they? Is he preparing something undercover and does he want to show he's the most democratic defeated President in DR's history (2008 only 4 years away)?

And the Vicini, Corripio, Lama, etc, how do they stand?

Barnab?

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
What I see now

is a protracted war inside the PRD and the PRSC to the advantage of Leonel, who is going to be busy being president.

Leonel's lucky these two parties are now so divided, they will make for a very weak opposition. No one will be able to lead an organized opposition with any credibility, unless Leonel makes huge mistakes. If Leonel has learned his lesson from his last administrations' failures and he takes now charge with this mandate the people have given him, he will be shooting ducks on the ground.

He has gained an incredible an unlikely ally..Hatuey De Camps. If I want a PRD guy on my friendly side, this is the guy I want. Hatuey may not win votes for himself in elections, but this dude is one of the most personable politicians in DR with an incredible sense of humor and people like him very much despite what you hear. I would have voted for him just for his sense of humor and street smarts. If Leonel knows how to play this card, he will have a smooth 100 days. He should also get close to Alfredo Pacheco, the house of representatives president. He should also give the other parties breathing room by calling off his own goons in TV and radio programs who constantly bash these groups and let them hang themselves. They don't need any more rope, the damn fools. How stupid can they be? Leonel has outsmarted them all. If anything, he should act as a leader for all, a statesman, and maybe in a subtle way help so that the proper atmosphere be created for the return of a true healthy tri-party system. The idea that Leonel wanted the PRSC dead and that he wants to destroy the PRD must be erased. He gains nothing from this.
The PPH will continue to act as cannibals and primitive goons and will not let the PRD get off the ground as a legitimate contender soon. The devils are loose in the PRSC. Hugo "Tito" Hernandez, a PPH-like goon in the PRSC from San Cristobal has gone as far as to blame Eduardo Estrella for the big loss. This is a guy who only days ago was an Estrella man. I feel sorry for the PRSC. Quique Antun is out for himself. Josesito Hazim lost in his hometown and lost all credibility as a vote getter. Peynado is a candidate for Funeraria Blandino.
TW

frank alvarez

Apr 13, 2004
Don't feel sorry for opportunists and parasites!

Golo100 said:
The devils are loose in the PRSC. Hugo "Tito" Hernandez, a PPH-like goon in the PRSC from San Cristobal has gone as far as to blame Eduardo Estrella for the big loss. This is a guy who only days ago was an Estrella man. I feel sorry for the PRSC.TW

Golo100, remember who was one of the main "stars" in the shootout that left
Pachecho as President of the Chamber of Deputies? 'Tito' Hernandez himself can be seen in the video, gun in hand, shooting up into the ceiling, trying to keep in her post another of his fellow undesirables in the PRSC, Lila Alburquerque. Don't feel sorry for these opportunists and parasites.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Leonel, Hippo and co. may have agreed to drop the subject, but Golo's post is reaching a wider audience than this cozy little clique of ours. The text is doing the rounds on e-mail. It's in the original English and no source is mentioned. Matter of time before it gets translated into Spanish?

Chiri

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Chirimoya said:
Leonel, Hippo and co. may have agreed to drop the subject, but Golo's post is reaching a wider audience than this cozy little clique of ours. The text is doing the rounds on e-mail. It's in the original English and no source is mentioned. Matter of time before it gets translated into Spanish?

Chiri

I think you would be surprised who reads this board and has subscribed to the Daily News :)

Tordok

Bronze
Oct 6, 2003
partisan?

Tony C said:
What a joke! $22K to the G.O.P.? At that rate I should be appointed ambassador to the U.K.

I love groups who call themselves "non-partisan". Does anybody really believe this crap?

Tony C,
There are several sources with essentially the same information. For example Bush's own State Department (I'm sure a nonpartisan site):
http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ei/biog/7060.htm

...."Ambassador Hertell was Puerto Rico State Chairman of the Young Republican National Association from 1984-85 and a Member of the National Steering Committee for George Bush's successful 1988 presidential campaign. He has served on the National Finance Committee of the Fund for America's Future and as an alternate delegate to the Republican National Conventions in 1988, 1992 and 1996. In 1999 then-Governor of Texas George W. Bush appointed Ambassador Hertell co-chairman of the George W. Bush Presidential Exploratory Committee in Puerto Rico. Mr. Hertell was a delegate to the 2000 Republican National Convention.".....

The guy clearly had more than the nominal 22K into this. Is not just what you bring-in personally, is also all the networking, brownosing and funding that you can generate for your candidate. He was an active republican moneymaker. Democrats do the same, mind you. Ambassadorial rewards to moneyed political contributors is not new. But to deny that this man got his appointment for any other reason but political contributions would be naive. Do you have any data to refute what you call a "joke" and "crap"?

-Tordok

deelt

Bronze
Mar 23, 2004
Take the time to read the site

CRP is always on the money. On the monetary amount it really depends. One important posting just had a $1,000 donation in his WHOLE life...just so happend it was to the Bush 43 campaign. Some cost over 100k, others are career postings. It really depends on relevance, regionality, diplomatic importance, etc. How does Hertells contribution compare to other islands that is the question. It is comparable.

CRP also posts the tax disclosures of congressional reps in PDF form. This is as real as it gets. This is key information that is needed to lobby and make informed decisions, as true citizens, and not run on gossip and perceptions.
Imagine if this information were available in DR? All we got to see was the near end result of Hippo's new house.

While one may challenge an organizations data it is not fair to question the integrity and mission of established organization that educate the public, unless egregious errors are made. I'll take CRP over CATO or the Heritage Foundation any day.

IMHO: The public availability of neutral data would be of tremendous assistance to improving things in DR. The fact that there was such strong pre- and exit polling, as well as, the involvement of credible organizations like Participacion Cuidadana have improved DR and strengthened its Democratic standing regionally and internationally.

Best
Tony C said:
What a joke! $22K to the G.O.P.? At that rate I should be appointed ambassador to the U.K.

I love groups who call themselves "non-partisan". Does anybody really believe this crap?

Last edited:

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
Chirimoya said:
There must be an element of truth in this, but my problem with these scenarios it that it wildly inflates the importance of a small country like the DR in the scheme of things. Doesn't Colin Powell have much more pressing matters on his mind these days?

Chiri

While the DR may be a small country, and "relatively unimportant", as you put it, it is, nevertheless, of importance to the stability of the Carribbean Basin.

Especially since the Bru-haha in Haiti.

Mr. Powell's portfolio isn't limited to the situation in the Mideast; it is worldwide. If he ordered Mr. Hertell to take action, I'm sure it was after he had determined that a serious problem was about to emerge vis-a-vis the electons. Don't forget, this is a man who was Chairman of the Joint-Chiefs-of-Staff and has been trained since his days as a Cadet to observe, analyze and make logical conclusions/decisions based on those observations/analyses.
Whatever, the situation was nipped in the bud, if Golo's remarks are correct.
My feeling is that he, Powell or whomever, should be thanked for acting in a timely manner, thereby saving much mayhem and bloodshed.

Texas Bill

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
adrianb said:
Golo makes great posts sometimes, but the conspiracy theories sometimes get a bit much.

Why is it so hard to believe that the DR is not capable of an open and fair election?

Because of their history of just the opposite!!

Texas Bill

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
deelt said:
While one may challenge an organizations data it is not fair to question the integrity and mission of established organization that educate the public, unless egregious errors are made. I'll take CRP over CATO or the Heritage Foundation any day.

IMHO: The public availability of neutral data would be of tremendous assistance to improving things in DR. The fact that there was such strong pre- and exit polling, as well as, the involvement of credible organizations like Participacion Cuidadana have improved DR and strengthened its Democratic standing regionally and internationally.

Best

The fact is that the organization you tout is not "Neutral" in any way, shape or form. The fact that it makes an effort to discredit people for giving or recieving campaign contributions makes it an organization with a agenda. An Anti-Democratic, anti-Capitalistic agenda!
BTW The only people who complain about campaign contributions are the ones who either can't raise them or give them.

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Tordok said:
Tony C,
There are several sources with essentially the same information. For example Bush's own State Department (I'm sure a nonpartisan site):
http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ei/biog/7060.htm

...."Ambassador Hertell was Puerto Rico State Chairman of the Young Republican National Association from 1984-85 and a Member of the National Steering Committee for George Bush's successful 1988 presidential campaign. He has served on the National Finance Committee of the Fund for America's Future and as an alternate delegate to the Republican National Conventions in 1988, 1992 and 1996. In 1999 then-Governor of Texas George W. Bush appointed Ambassador Hertell co-chairman of the George W. Bush Presidential Exploratory Committee in Puerto Rico. Mr. Hertell was a delegate to the 2000 Republican National Convention.".....
Its not a matter of refuting it. It is a matter if who cares? Did he break any laws? Did He do anything morally wrong by raising money? Is there something wrong for being rewarded for your help? If you think there is then you have no grasp of the realities of life.

The guy clearly had more than the nominal 22K into this. Is not just what you bring-in personally, is also all the networking, brownosing and funding that you can generate for your candidate. He was an active republican moneymaker. Democrats do the same, mind you. Ambassadorial rewards to moneyed political contributors is not new. But to deny that this man got his appointment for any other reason but political contributions would be naive. Do you have any data to refute what you call a "joke" and "crap"?

-Tordok

It is not a matter of refuting the data. It is a matter of who cares? Did he break any laws by helping raise money? Did he do anything Morally wrong by raising money? Is there a problem with him being rewarded for his efforts in raising money for political causes? if you believe he did something wrong then you have no grasp of reality of politics.

Tordok

Bronze
Oct 6, 2003
Tony C said:
.....BTW The only people who complain about campaign contributions are the ones who either can't raise them or give them.

Indeed! This is precisely why you are not the ambassador and Hertell is. Not everyone has money to spare or is able to give in such quantities as to get the personal attention of political leaders. Money buys influence. Why is the Enron CEO still free? Why are the Baninter and Bancredito thieves free? Why did Clinton pardon Marc Rich? It wasn't for good deeds, it was becasue these people bought their way into the stratosphere of political power.
On the other hand the poor guy stealing a chicken can rot in jail. Is that your version of democracy? These big donors are investing in political capital, effectively outbidding the common citizen for influencing decisions that affect everyone, but from which only a few directly profit. That's not capitalism, that is cronyism and clientelism. I am not being partisan here. The system is corrupt in all parties, in democracies and dictatorships alike.

-Tordok

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
I have no desire to be ambassador to any country. I don't want the pay cut!
I contribute and assiatnce in various campaigns for 2 reasons. The first is to help elect somebody I agree with politically and the 2nd reason is to buy influence. I see nothing wrong with it.

I ask you again.
Did Mr Hertell do anything criminally or morally wrong?

The enron chief is free because he can hire the best lawyers money can buy. He will have his day in court just like the guy who stole a chicken.

Tordok

Bronze
Oct 6, 2003
Tony C said:
I have no desire to be ambassador to any country. I don't want the pay cut!
I contribute and assiatnce in various campaigns for 2 reasons. The first is to help elect somebody I agree with politically and the 2nd reason is to buy influence. I see nothing wrong with it.

I ask you again.
Did Mr Hertell do anything criminally or morally wrong?

The enron chief is free because he can hire the best lawyers money can buy. He will have his day in court just like the guy who stole a chicken.

You are free to do with your money as you wish. Political contributions and activism are perfectly fine. You are right, in principle, there is nothing wrong with doing that. Let's not fool ourselves though; in practice, the fact is that folks with deep pockets have an excessive amount of direct influence in the actual running of society, and that is morally indefensible. Not always criminal, but anytime anyone gets favoritism by the system - especially when financial contributions to politicians is your main reason for qualifying for favored treatment- it is being done at the expense of the rest of us who belong just as much to that very system but expect no extras. Political contributions and bribery are too often just a matter of degrees and depends on who's giving to whom, and whom gets what for how much. BTW, I have no money problems myself and I know how to get access when I need to, without having to spend money. But things would be so much better if we treated everybody alike, with respect for the rights of the rich and the poor. It simply is not this way.

Tony C, this whole issue is a matter of opinion and by now way off the thread topic. Since it seems to me that you are not going to be able to change my mind, nor I yours, please let us just move on. Thanks for your candid comments.
- Tordok

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Tordok said:
You are free to do with your money as you wish. Political contributions and activism are perfectly fine. You are right, in principle, there is nothing wrong with doing that. Let's not fool ourselves though; in practice, the fact is that folks with deep pockets have an excessive amount of direct influence in the actual running of society, and that is morally indefensible. Not always criminal, but anytime anyone gets favoritism by the system - especially when financial contributions to politicians is your main reason for qualifying for favored treatment- it is being done at the expense of the rest of us who belong just as much to that very system but expect no extras. Political contributions and bribery are too often just a matter of degrees and depends on who's giving to whom, and whom gets what for how much. BTW, I have no money problems myself and I know how to get access when I need to, without having to spend money. But things would be so much better if we treated everybody alike, with respect for the rights of the rich and the poor. It simply is not this way.

Tony C, this whole issue is a matter of opinion and by now way off the thread topic. Since it seems to me that you are not going to be able to change my mind, nor I yours, please let us just move on. Thanks for your candid comments.
- Tordok
Not so fast! I can defend it morally with ease! In a free society you are entitiled to all the fruits and benifits of your labors. A person who works hard and is sucessful is morally entitiled to expect and recieve benifits for his acts. That includes politics. Un-sucessfull people have not earned this right and do not deserve it. Why should a chicken thief have as much influence over a politician as I do?
Should a Motoconcho driver in the D.R. have as much influence over the President as a Sucessfull business man?