Insider's View

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
the person who placed this post is laughing over the phone with this sankie at how stupid his girlfriends are. Yes, in a way they deserve to get played. But the original poster is vicariously getting some illicit thrill from being just that much closer to the fire without getting burned.
So what you are is a voyeur. It is obviously quite a rush for you to get on the phone with this ape and talk about how pathic his girlies are. YOU are the one who is pathetic for giving this idiot an audience. Believe me, he thinks you're stupid, too.

sunshine_79

I made the 300,000th post!
Jun 1, 2005
Anna Coniglio said:
I think calling these girls stupid and laughing about it with your friend when he hangs up is being very judgemental.

QUOTE]

Anna, c'mon - that's not fair. I never said I laighed at the girls after he hung up the phone. Yes, I said we have a good time and laugh our a$$es off but I never said I laughed after the phone calls. I don't laugh, I observe. And from my observations, I ascertained enough information about the way he acts to pass it on to someone else who might benefit from the truth. If I was as mean spirited as I'm being made out to be then why would I go to the trouble of posting this when I knew what kind of a reaction it would invoke? Yes, I think the girls he is swindling are naive and are being stupid, it is as simple as that. And I never said that I approve of what he is, I actually said otherwise. The truth is with me is that I call a spade a spade and I suppose that bothers a lot of people. Yes, he's a sankie. Yes, they are being stupid when they send money every month. It is what it is. If I gave him money, sex, a cell phone, a birthday present or whatever then I would be acting stupid as well. And I know that everyone reading this assumes I am stupid because I have fun hanging out with my friend. But ya know what? That's okay.

Everyone talks about reputation and that's okay with me. I really don't care what people think about me, never have and never will. I'm not one to get my feelings hurt easily and it's a good thing. As much as I like most of the people on this board, they don't constitute the whole country. If someone doesn't want to associate with me I really don't care, I know who my friends are. And no, they aren't all Sankies. That's just one. There are a lot of really good people here so if there are some that don't want to associate with me because of this then it really doesn't make a difference to me.

I don't mean to come across as rude, I'm just a blunt person by nature. But again, my intentions with this post were to enlighten someone who might stumble across this board after they met a sankie. I don't have a big aversion to being judged by other people so please, by all means fire away if that is what you think this thread needs to be about.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Read carefully!.

planner said:
Either way you are then not someone I would want to be seen associating with!
Planner, darling, a little harsh but I know exactly what you are trying to say and you are in your right. It's about who one associates with.

Sunnie, as you have found out not long ago, there are many on this board that are willing to go out of their ways to help a fellow member. There are some members that truly feel that this site is a family site and would go to any lengh to help a member on their time of need. Even I, believe it or not, have been offered by some members to be picked up at the airport and some have even put their homes at my disposal any time I am in the DR. Crap, one even offered me money if/when I ran out of money while in the DR.

That said, I believe that all we are trying to do is look after you. You know nothing about the country and most of us are just trying to tell you that being friends with someone that is tabboo even with some of his family members will be more damaging to you than anything else.

He WILL bring your reputation down. How do I know that?. Easy. It already started. A member already told you, more of less, that since you condone his ways, that you are someone that the member would not associate with.

A person's reputation means alot in the DR. And "word of mouth" is still the "voice that is heard" even here on DR1. How do you think that some of us know about a member that moved over to the DR and who's reputation is so damaged that even the sankies are staying away from that member?.

At the end you will do as you please but remember 2 things: 1) we are only trying to help you since some of us know what a sankie is capable of doing since some of us have been dealing with those bacterias for years and years and 2) do not forget for one second that you should be thinking, also, about the young person who is the most important person in your life.

Last edited:

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
[QUOTE=Everyone talks about reputation and that's okay with me. I really don't care what people think about me, never have and never will. I'm not one to get my feelings hurt easily and it's a good thing. As much as I like most of the people on this board, they don't constitute the whole country. If someone doesn't want to associate with me I really don't care, I know who my friends are. And no, they aren't all Sankies. That's just one. There are a lot of really good people here so if there are some that don't want to associate with me because of this then it really doesn't make a difference to me. ----Sunshine

People are giving you pearls of wisdom. But you just don't seem to get it.

If you don't care about your reputation that's your business. But have enough self respect to not associate with people who you KNOW to be scum.

Good luck and stay on the high ground.

Scandall

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Miguel.

miguel said:
Sunnie, as you have found out not long ago, there are many on this board that are willing to go out of their ways to help a fellow member. There are some members that truly feel that this site is a family site and would go to any lengh to help a member on their time of need. Even I, believe it or not, have been offered by some members to be picked up at the airport and some have even put their homes at my disposal any time I am in the DR. Crap, one even offered me money if/when I ran out of money while in the DR.

That said, I believe that all we are trying to do is look after you. You know nothing about the country and most of us are just trying to tell you that being friends with someone that is tabboo even with some of his family members will be more damaging to you than anything else.

He WILL bring your reputation down. How do I know that?. Easy. It already started. A member already told you, more of less, that since you condone his ways, that you are someone that the member would not associate with.

A person's reputation means alot in the DR. And "word of mouth" is still the "voice that is heard" even here on DR1. How do you think that some of us know about a member that moved over to the DR and who's reputation is so damaged that even the sankies are staying away from that member?.

At the end you will do as you please but remember 2 things: 1) we are only trying to help you since some of us know what a sankie is capable of doing since some of us have been dealing with those bacterias for years and years and 2) do not forget for one second that you should be thinking, also, about the young person who is the most important person in your life.

I have not been following this thread, as it's not my forte, but I would like to say to you, Miguel, that what you wrote is one of the best descriptions of what DR1 truly is.
It has grown to be a family and the level of help and care from other members can be astonishing.
It also has a way of rooting out the rif raf.

Natash

Jul 24, 2005
Lets think a few steps ahead, shall we?

Sunnie, I understand the curiousity and fascination that drives you to get to know the sankie. Its like being allowed to see how the magician does his tricks, few of us can resist.
However, you might pay a high price for this friendship...

Here's a hypothetical scenario to illustrate to you what people have been saying about the importance of associating with respectable folk:

Suppose that 3 years from now, you are no longer friends with this Sankie (he moved to be with one of his novias, died of an STD, or fell in love and settled down with someone and no longer needs an audience of girls to tell his stories to)...You are still living in the DR, and you meet a GOOD man, a gringo or a local. A respectable man, with morals, an honest streak and a good job... You fall for this man and want to pursue a relationship with him. And then, someone whispers in his ear that 3 years ago, Sunnie was often seen around town with a certain dirtbag.
This gentleman will probably assume that you were sleeping with the sankie (and its a rational assumption, isnt it?). He WILL judge you based on this information and it will be quite difficult for you to prove that you were not emotionally or physically involved with the sankie. This gentleman, who, unlike you, does care about reputation and associating with good, clean, moral people will likely not be interested in associating with a woman who once associated with a sankie...

Its hypothetical, but in my mind, quite likely that this or something like this will happen.

Natash

Jul 24, 2005
I just read my own post..
I am dishing the same bitter medicine that I was given when I first joined a few weeks ago.
Im turning into you people!

stock

Aug 2, 2005
My two cents

This is a good Hypoth situation, personaly if I met a good person (like I have done in the past) and she made mistakes in the past WHO cares, it makes me laugh because WOMEN are the only one that care what other people think!!

If this Sunnie chick run around with them all the time, then thats another story, but just because she got her rocks off ONCE or came close WHO cares, she should be proud enough to tell this PRINCE IN SHINING ARMOUR OR BLING, BLING she just met, "hey it happened and it finished" let's move on... and OFF they ride into the sunset of eternal sex!!!!!

yeah baby!

THANK YOU FOR READING

Natash said:
Sunnie, I understand the curiousity and fascination that drives you to get to know the sankie. Its like being allowed to see how the magician does his tricks, few of us can resist.
However, you might pay a high price for this friendship...

Here's a hypothetical scenario to illustrate to you what people have been saying about the importance of associating with respectable folk:

Suppose that 3 years from now, you are no longer friends with this Sankie (he moved to be with one of his novias, died of an STD, or fell in love and settled down with someone and no longer needs an audience of girls to tell his stories to)...You are still living in the DR, and you meet a GOOD man, a gringo or a local. A respectable man, with morals, an honest streak and a good job... You fall for this man and want to pursue a relationship with him. And then, someone whispers in his ear that 3 years ago, Sunnie was often seen around town with a certain dirtbag.
This gentleman will probably assume that you were sleeping with the sankie (and its a rational assumption, isnt it?). He WILL judge you based on this information and it will be quite difficult for you to prove that you were not emotionally or physically involved with the sankie. This gentleman, who, unlike you, does care about reputation and associating with good, clean, moral people will likely not be interested in associating with a woman who once associated with a sankie...

Its hypothetical, but in my mind, quite likely that this or something like this will happen.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Natash said:
I just read my own post..
I am dishing the same bitter medicine that I was given when I first joined a few weeks ago.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: That's funny I was thinking the same thing as I read your post. lol

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
AlaninDR said:
Truly an excellent post Sunnie. Perhaps some person will read it and be a bit more aware instead of saying "this one is different". Maybe the money spent on sankies would be better spent on self esteem therapy. Of course the long term is often trumped by the "pleasures of the moment".
Some people/sankies are like slinkies. They're really good for nothing but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
I was hanging out with a bunch of people last and Sunni was telling the story about this guy.

Later on my communist buddy Niko started talking about the DDD. Now we all said "WHAT" and he continued. Definately different Dominican is what everyone finds that is the perfect GUY/GAL depending on who you hear the story from.

We just started cracking up. DDD is now in my on my list of inicials to use.

When I hear the next dope talk about her "Special" guy or Gal I will inject YUP you got yourself a real honest to goodness DDD. That will replace the Sanky in my vocabulary just as the Pillsbury as replace the FATTY.

Gawd, where do these people come from?

Sunni, you are judged in this place by who you hang out with. No matter how much you think you are learning or what ever you are doing with this guy people will see you with sleeze and think you must be also.

Escott

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Escott said:
I was hanging out with a bunch of people last and Sunni was telling the story about this guy.

Later on my communist buddy Niko started talking about the DDD. Now we all said "WHAT" and he continued. Definately different Dominican is what everyone finds that is the perfect GUY/GAL depending on who you hear the story from.

We just started cracking up. DDD is now in my on my list of inicials to use.

When I hear the next dope talk about her "Special" guy or Gal I will inject YUP you got yourself a real honest to goodness DDD. That will replace the Sanky in my vocabulary just as the Pillsbury as replace the FATTY.

Gawd, where do these people come from?

Sunni, you are judged in this place by who you hang out with. No matter how much you think you are learning or what ever you are doing with this guy people will see you with sleeze and think you must be also.

Escott
You seem to jump at the chance to judge other peoples appearances, sight unseen and make huge generalizations in this respect...get over it, just saw your shot in the Media Gallery and I wasnt exactly blown away...maybe you should look in the mirror before judging others....not everyone in this world is that shallow! :rolleyes:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
drloca said:
You seem to jump at the chance to judge other peoples appearances, sight unseen and make huge generalizations in this respect...get over it, just saw your shot in the Media Gallery and I wasnt exactly blown away...maybe you should look in the mirror before judging others....not everyone in this world is that shallow! :rolleyes:

FYI: Escott knows Sunnie pretty well. Take a look at his blog.
Escott doesn't just hate Pilsbury's and Sankies, he hates everyone :)

Neither of you need to respond, you will just be deleted.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Gracias!

Rocky said:
I have not been following this thread, as it's not my forte, but I would like to say to you, Miguel, that what you wrote is one of the best descriptions of what DR1 truly is.
It has grown to be a family and the level of help and care from other members can be astonishing.
It also has a way of rooting out the rif raf.
Thanks.

Many think that all we do here is judge and attack people. Well, some (including me) do it sometimes but when it's time to "put our pants on" and be serious about certain things, we come together. Even the biggest Jack Axx here (not me or course, lol) can come out of his glass house and help members in need.

The story that really touched me and made me aware that many on this site are just like me when it come to helping people was an episode that happened when I was a newbie:

There was an american member, 26, who moved to the DR and very soon started living with a guy. This guy was not only taking her money and driving her car and thinking that he owned her, but he was also beating the hell out of her all the time.

She started a thread where she mentioned that she was fearful for her life. A moderator and his wife (I will not mention their names just in case they do not want to relive the nightmare) took interest in her story. All of a sudden this moderator "pulled up his pants" and got into action. After planning her "escape", he went with a friend and some police officers and drove to Santiago(where she was going to be) to pick her up.

They got back to his home, with the member safe and sound, at 1:30am(I think). They housed and took care of her for a little while and after getting in contact with her family, she left the country.

You see, some people here are truly nice people who would go to any lengh to help someone in need!. I just hope that an episode like that never happen again!.

Last edited:

daddy1

Feb 27, 2004
Don't worry Sunnie!!

This won't be the last issue you'll be writing about from D.R. there will be plenty more...the hussle is what that environment down there is all about, but what shocks me is how a military trained indivigual like yourself would find all of this man's garbage amusing... it seems you have forgotten that you are female yourself!

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Welcome to our world

Natash said:
Sunnie's post confirms what many DR1 members have expressed in numerous prior posts that sankies/sankiettes are unscrupulous, immoral, vile, .... 'creatures'. Nothing new but, her first hand account is revealing.

All sankie/sankiette lovers/defenders should take heed and realize that they are just an income source - no money, no honey baby :classic:

Status
Not open for further replies.