Is My Man For Real?

BJP

Jun 30, 2007
miguel-I know it sounds unreal. Maybe he would have suggested sex if I hadn't. I honestly was not looking for it, but it happened. I had not been intimate with someone for three years and had gone through a very nasty divorce. That is where my "not wanting to rush into things " things meaning marriage comes into play. anyway the impression I get so far from all the replies is that if I love this guy and truly believe he loves me then I am just fooling myself

pyratt

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
Nah, no way, bad math....27 don't go into five seven, one eighty, fifty.... unless there are other common denominators involved.....

I smell a dirty sock......puppet

Adios mundo cruel.......

samanasuenos

Bronze
Oct 5, 2005
Hey hon, before you get all teary-eyed and blue -STOP! :)

I/we am not saying that he does not feel love for you.

However, "love" can and does mean wildly different things. Even among folks in one country, from the same culture.

His "love" for you is likely a different combination of thoughts and feelings than yours is, that is all.

caro

Sep 24, 2003
Like I said I was the one that initiated sex in the first place .

that only tell him that he maybe can get thing easy with you. why not give a try.less work for him ....

You say this is a reality in the DR, but not for all dominicans, Is it possible he is one of them..

no , clearly not . I will say in other word is a reality in tourist town again not all dominican but with what you write the answer is still no

Now I feel like I should call him right now and end it all. I just can't bring myself to do it though.

if for you is not any more holiday with sun ,sex and beach it s the better thing to do.

but if you only want to keep it like is it : have a man here with who you can enjoy your time , have sex and it s not too difficult to send him money or pay everything for him while on vacation don t change anything .but keep in mind that thing will never change .

Don Juan

Living Brain Donor
Dec 5, 2003
It's alright, BPT.

In a perfect world, You and and him would be the same age, race, height, income, etc. But it never is. It is always different/contrasting.
That's what makes it interesting,,,,,, sometimes.
Concentrate on what's important to you. If it pleases you and you get what you pay for, why not? Use him for what he's worth, time and again!

BJP

Jun 30, 2007
whirleybird- As I said I posted here because someone on one of my flights told me about sanky panky. so I decided to look it up on the internet. I found this websight and started to read some of the postings and all the negative ones got me thinking about my relationship, like sending money, and about resort workers, etc. Listen, I am in love with this man and I asked him about sanky panky and he said I no sanky panky and that my fellow plane passenger was crazy. I don't know what to believe now. A lot of the responses to my post are not positive ones. I am looking for a man that is true to only me and that I can have a longterm serious relationship with. It seems as if I have been quite naive about all of this.

BJP

Jun 30, 2007
don juan- I do not want to use this man for all he is worth. He means more to me then that.

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
Well, you can always see what happens with --- God, I'm a little short on cash this month. I can't send as much as I usually do. I'm sorry. When you visit the next time "forget" your wallet in the hotel and tell him halfway to the restaurant that he has to pay... see how he reacts. If he's not hungry anymore......

Many times when the cash stops coming so do they!!! Sad but true. If he is a sankie-- You are just a business deal/transaction.

If you can just keep him around as a "Boy Toy" then go for it.

If not try what I suggested. If you don't like his reaction. It's time for him to go.

Did you read the sankie information posted on this site?

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
whirleybird- As I said I posted here because someone on one of my flights told me about sanky panky. so I decided to look it up on the internet. I found this websight and started to read some of the postings and all the negative ones got me thinking about my relationship, like sending money, and about resort workers, etc. Listen, I am in love with this man and I asked him about sanky panky and he said I no sanky panky and that my fellow plane passenger was crazy. I don't know what to believe now. A lot of the responses to my post are not positive ones. I am looking for a man that is true to only me and that I can have a longterm serious relationship with. It seems as if I have been quite naive about all of this.

more than naive about sanky panky I think - probably naive about men in general I am sorry to say..... but yours may be different - I hope so for your sake.

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
As I said I posted here because someone on one of my flights told me about sanky panky.

The Movie??? Did you know there is a movie out, exactly about these Dominican romances between tourists and Hotel Resort workers????
Look it up.

There is a chance, MQ married a man 20+ years younger than her, why not BJP and her man.

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
... i MET A WAITER IN THE RESTAURANT AND WE WENT TO THE HOTEL DISCO THAT NIGHT AND THE NEXT NIGHT TO A CHEESY HOTEL AND HAD SEX ... ... BUT I AM NOT ONE TO RUSH INTO THINGS.
Coulda fooled me .... giving it up 1 day after a meeting a stranger? hmmmmmm

To answer your question, he's a real sankie .... taking money from women is one of their attributes.

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
Coulda fooled me .... giving it up 1 day after a meeting a stranger? hmmmmmm

I am not saying it is a good idea to start dating after several days of knowing someone but I actually knew my Dominican ex for almost a year before we had a date. It does not mean he was honest. I only saw him in certain places. He would not allow anyone closer. Was all that time I spent trying to get to know him just a waste? I could have spent it with someone who was actually a decent person and worth it. The earlier you find out who the person is - the better it is. If someone is trying to deceive you - they will do it no matter what - after 1 day or 1 year.

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
I am not saying it is a good idea to start dating after several days of knowing someone
There's a huge difference between going on a date and giving it up 2 days after meeting a stranger .... in case you don't know, 'giving it up' means sexual intercourse.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
No pude aguantar.....

There's a huge difference between going on a date and giving it up 2 days after meeting a stranger .... in case you don't know, 'giving it up' means sexual intercourse.
You know, Third In Command, I was just lurking but after seeing this funny post, I decided to reply to you.

YOU ARE DA MAN!!.

You know, I am afraid to ask Avrora/Alyonka why she saw her ex only in certain places.

Never mind, off I go again!!.

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
this is funny. because such men don't want anyone to know where they live, who they live with and what their real marital situation is. Because they lie and decieve. That is why. Certain places - means gym, that is where I met him. Is that wrong?

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Ya contesto'.....

Stop lurking and ask, please Senor Presidente. :)
She already answered.

Now I am all confused.

I don't know which one of them is worse, him for being sneaky or her for taking his schyt!!.

Ohhhh the insanity!!!!!!.

Adios Shad'tanooga and nice to see you around.

Now, if you don't mind and since Anna is not here to give me " The Rope", I have to go bang my head against the wall!!.

Take care buddy.

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
hey, we are done with that story. I learned all my lessons. No more sh$t from anyone :cool:

I don't even know why I mentioned it. Yes, it is wrong to do it with someone you just met. It is very rare you can meet someone decent this way or someone who can take you seriously.

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
The Monkey Race

... and giving it up 2 days after meeting a stranger ....

Well, what's wrong with a quickie, huh?
(Time to fall in love must wait and comes always later, as we are told.)

Have mercy!
What can the poor women do with all that competition around?
Two weeks (Europeans) or just one week (North Americans) simply isn't enough to do the 'decent girl' procedure... ;)

And then the sankies/sankie-lovers ratio is a bit lousy, too.

Entonces, nosotras no tenemos la culpa..... :laugh:

m'frog