Magic Jack

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
sneaky

Piece of SH*T Codetel!

Here is what I did to "fix" my problem. I had to tunnel out and run my traffic through a tunnel. Basically that means I am hiding all my traffic from Codetel cause they are now blocking ports or certain VoIP packets. This is not a fix, it's a band aid to work around Codetel's BS.

more and more internet providers are finding ways to block ports used by VoIP. it's no surprise, they are losing money and potential phone customers, same stuff happens here in the states...certain cable providers like Comcast, Time Warner and Cablevision have found ways to block out VoIP technology [Vonage, Avaya, etc], it's hit or miss out there....
it's great that other Magic Jack users havent been blocked, but it is a great piece of technology to keep us all in touch. if only the ISP would stop monitoring their users! LOL

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
more and more internet providers are finding ways to block ports used by VoIP. it's no surprise, they are losing money and potential phone customers, same stuff happens here in the states...certain cable providers like Comcast, Time Warner and Cablevision have found ways to block out VoIP technology [Vonage, Avaya, etc], it's hit or miss out there....
it's great that other Magic Jack users havent been blocked, but it is a great piece of technology to keep us all in touch. if only the ISP would stop monitoring their users! LOL

jalencastro: What is the ISP?

augustus

Dec 19, 2007
Hey everybody....I'm in Sosua, on a lay-over, from Rocky's Party.......

Just used my magicjack to call a friend, here in Sosua, using my 2 dollar phone card, purchased in Philadelphia....................

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
I've had a MJ and it's worked great until the beginning of last week when it stopped working. Since last week, I have tried two separate MJ's on three separate computers and in no combination can I get anything to work. I've spent over 3 hours with MJ tech support and they cannot figure out the problem either.

Is anyone else experiencing problems with MJ service in Santo Domingo using Codotel as their ISP? Or to phrase the question another way, does anyone know if Codotel is not blocking UDP 5060 and 5070?

redonion:
Is your MJ working?
mine stopped working for one day and I am so glad that it came back next day... lol...

augustus

Dec 19, 2007
Be careful, second magicjack missing in two years........I meant to bring at least 4 down for the 4th of july and only brought 1 and after about 4 days, it got feet and walked out of my condo in Sosua...........

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Be careful, second magicjack missing in two years........I meant to bring at least 4 down for the 4th of july and only brought 1 and after about 4 days, it got feet and walked out of my condo in Sosua...........

You need to get a LoJack for yo' MajicJack!

;)

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006

Now you know why they call it "Magic" Jack......

Must be some truth in the sayings:

"Let your fingers do the walking"
"Reach out and touch someone's Magic Jack"
"Can you hear me now?" No!

lol ;)

SantiagoDR

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007

lol ;)

SantiagoDR

lol..lol...Magicjack left Sosua and is coming to say hi to Santiago.....

francoisatl

Feb 13, 2007
i also find that if you have a usb power port it helps with the sound sometimes your usb port on your computer needs more power and a usb power port will help out 100% i use one with my mac and my MJ

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007

lol ;)

SantiagoDR

Don..Is your magicjack working today?
mine is dead today.....

Feb 15, 2005
Guys, just so I understand Magic Jack. I purchase a unit in the US and buy an additional unit for someone in DR. This enables them to call me or me them VOIP for the annual price of about $20US? Unlimited?