Men who seek under age women/disgraceful.

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
This is true in most cases, although many Dominican women are quick to dump their barrio love for a better financial prospect, age not important. These are grown women, so whom do you think the younger ones imitate. Mothers even encourage them. Poverty plays a major role, but so does greed.

Monkey see and monkey do.
I've been offered several times a 17 year old daughter by the parent and it was not just in the DR. Poor parents trying a "gringo" to take care of their daughter and at the same time they might get some help.
Off course I have also seen mothers turning tricks, teaching their daughters the trick of the trade and helping them get Johns.
Furthermore sex is a big part of the culture, just listen to the music and watch them dance. How many times have you seen little girls twerking to the music while being encouraged by the adults?
"Esa sangre latina es muy caliente" ;)

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Right Frank...

We often forget the Latin blood here.

Stories of Latin lovers are legendary.... nothing new 
Hot blooded

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
This here is something that bothers me a lot when it comes to the attitude of 'some' Dominican men towards under age females. It's like an accomplishment of some sort if one can manage to sleep with one of them. And it appears at times that some even celebrate it. I can't think of anything more degrading that this. It is also sad that even songs talk about this with the term 'la menor' and everything else that to me is very demeaning. These men have no shame and, personally, I think they are sick. These men should be locked up in my humble opinion.
Said this once before in another thread regarding this topic.

From speaking to Dominicans that I know about young chics with older men, its normal.
Their general attitude towards it is,
"if you don't like it, don't do it however its really none of your business anyway.. "

Don't shoot the messenger, I'm simply repeating what I have been told.

mofongoloco

Silver
Feb 7, 2013
The age of consent in Colombia is 14.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the laws of the USA are enforced with US citizens regarding anti-traffic and age of consent. So if it is 18 in the usa for an American it is 18 wherever that American is in the world. Am I wrong about that? so even if not a crime in DR you can still get prosecuted.

BTW, young people really are getting on board with this affirmative consent stuff. They are integrating it into their dating rituals. or so I am informed from watching TV and speaking with a few young people.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the laws of the USA are enforced with US citizens regarding anti-traffic and age of consent. So if it is 18 in the usa for an American it is 18 wherever that American is in the world. Am I wrong about that? so even if not a crime in DR you can still get prosecuted..

You are 100% correct. American law follows you everywhere you travel with your American passport.

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
This should not be an issue for those of us from ''Developed'' countries of the G-20 status.
A minor is ''anyone'' under the age of 18..... no if-and's-or buts.

I know of several adult ex-pats who have enticed minors and families of minors with money for sex.
Yes poverty is a big issue and contributing factor... we expats can only be held accountable for our own actions.
DR Government has to address the issue head on!

In Canada regardless of age of consent , having sex with a minor is a crime '''pedophilia'' I believe it is called.

Simple ''Natural Law Ethics'' should be enough to manage the situation.'' Knowing right from wrong'' !

Simply deplorable conduct and disgusting .
Enough said.
Russell

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
believe it or not; age limit for consensual sex in colombia is 14yrs.

I'm referring to the issue, not the actual age of consent.

What many of us consider way beyond our moral tolerance level and illegal, is everyday life for many Dominicans, so they see no issue. At the end of the day, most of us are just "guests" and I for one avoid trying to impart or inflict my own moral values and leave it up to the locals to decide what's wrong and right.

Milo Mitt

Jul 21, 2014
14 yo girl 18 yo boy, maybe. 35/50/65 yo man and girl 14/16/18 for sure victimized. at the very least exploited.

Laws are different in different countries and for different citizens and laws are supposed to be followed. I am pretty sure a 18 year old girl or boy is not seen as exploited in any country. At least not from the age point of view.
What you and me think if a 18 year old girl or boy is together with a much older partner is irrelevant.

Last edited:

Milo Mitt

Jul 21, 2014
This should not be an issue for those of us from ''Developed'' countries of the G-20 status.
A minor is ''anyone'' under the age of 18..... no if-and's-or buts.

I know of several adult ex-pats who have enticed minors and families of minors with money for sex.
Yes poverty is a big issue and contributing factor... we expats can only be held accountable for our own actions.
DR Government has to address the issue head on!

In Canada regardless of age of consent , having sex with a minor is a crime '''pedophilia'' I believe it is called.

Simple ''Natural Law Ethics'' should be enough to manage the situation.'' Knowing right from wrong'' !

Simply deplorable conduct and disgusting .
Enough said.
Russell

I agree with your point but remember 18 is not worldwide. In my home country it is 15 and when I was 17 for example I could not care less what the rules were in USA and Canada. My point is that we need to a be a bit humble to the laws in other countries compared to where we are from. That does not mean we have to like them off course.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
The sex is fine. Problem is complete lack of birth control. You a Catholic? The C.C. is very powerful here and needs to keep those pews full of paying customers. Nothing changing in the future on this topic.

Apr 7, 2014
It's no different in Colombia.
Same in Mexico, Ecuador and every Central American country.

A. I took her virginity, mas macho.
B. I made her a woman, mas macho.
C.I gave her a baby, mas macho
D. I have 18 children from 15 women, mas macho.

Change the definition of Mas Macho first then they may have success.

Sent from my Z833 using Tapatalk

Apr 7, 2014
yes. but the source of it runs deep. teens bone like there's no tomorrow in any country, really. but actively choosing older partners to provide and protect is something else entirely. it's poverty, greed, desperation, lack of self awareness and not putting any value on yourself as a person.
Possibly.
But I agree with windeguy. Once these young girls find out what they got between their legs and what boys will do to get it, which they learn from their mamas, its a whole new world.

And dont undercount abusive or negligent parenting which makes some children lonely which makes them desire something of their very own to love and adore.

Apr 7, 2014
You are 100% correct. American law follows you everywhere you travel with your American passport.
Now this is a problem because the age of consent laws are set by the individual States. The Northern states tend to be 17. The Southern states have set theirs lower at 14. That gets sticky now. And then there also special considerations these States have on the books, if the young woman is to marry the other person then they look the other way.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
Now this is a problem because the age of consent laws are set by the individual States. The Northern states tend to be 17. The Southern states have set theirs lower at 14. That gets sticky now. And then there also special considerations these States have on the books, if the young woman is to marry the other person then they look the other way.

Do you really believe that any state still has 14 as the age of consent? A lot of them changed a few years ago when the drinking age and the age to vote were being gone over.
Der Fish

DR_DEFENDER

Jan 8, 2002
Perhaps, it's just me but the thought of being with a 16 or 17 year old does not intrigue me at the age of 40. And I guess since I have a daughter who just turned 18 ( not biologically mine but I raised her so to me its the same) so maybe I'm the wrong person to be giving his opinion. It would just feel wrong, period. Listening to a 30 something year old male talking about how he can't wait to get his hands on a 16 year old just makes me think there is something wrong with him. Again, that is only my opinion.

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
I think you are right DR-Defender. My daughter is 18 this month. I mean, what are you talking about with a girl of that age, not being your daughter? It is just sick, based on sex, which probably is not as good as with a 30+ . A macho thing.