Men who seek under age women/disgraceful.

DR_DEFENDER

Jan 8, 2002
Also, in my opinion these young children are victims. They are victims of the system, the government, the culture, poverty, perverted men, lack of education and lack of parenting etc...

I don't agree with blaming them because they are a product of their environment but to point the finger at them is completely out of line in my humble opinion.

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
Perhaps, it's just me but the thought of being with a 16 or 17 year old does not intrigue me at the age of 40. And I guess since I have a daughter who just turned 18 ( not biologically mine but I raised her so to me its the same) so maybe I'm the wrong person to be giving his opinion. It would just feel wrong, period. Listening to a 30 something year old male talking about how he can't wait to get his hands on a 16 year old just makes me think there is something wrong with him. Again, that is only my opinion.

But yet you have people here, on this very site, Mods included, that will speak glowingly of the "native" women here in the Dominican Republic, regardless of age, that "enjoy" escaping with older men for a fantasy pursuit. Please. These people are nothing but sick, pathetic perverts. Makes you wonder why their education, charm, good looks, and bank account aren't good enough to attract women back in their home base. Trenchcoats, speedos, wrinkles, and serious character flaws.

Apr 7, 2014
Do you really believe that any state still has 14 as the age of consent? A lot of them changed a few years ago when the drinking age and the age to vote were being gone over.
Der Fish
I thought Alabammer and a Louisianer had 14. Along with West Virginnie and one of them Dakoters or Montaners was down in those numbers.

Sent from my Z833 using Tapatalk

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
But yet you have people here, on this very site, Mods included, that will speak glowingly of the "native" women here in the Dominican Republic, regardless of age, that "enjoy" escaping with older men for a fantasy pursuit. Please. These people are nothing but sick, pathetic perverts. Makes you wonder why their education, charm, good looks, and bank account aren't good enough to attract women back in their home base. Trenchcoats, speedos, wrinkles, and serious character flaws.

And what Mod(s) would that be......

Last edited:

Milo Mitt

Jul 21, 2014

I might have missed what you are referring to but I have not understand the comments likes that. Most comments are about the general issue as such which people agree is disgraceful and some having their own opinions.

I feel your post is very generic.
If you feel a 19 year old with a 29 year old is disgraceful I disagree with you for example. And by the way I do think the 29 year old can potentially be a very charming person in his/her home state also and be able to pick up the opposite sex left and right there also.
If you feel a 16 year old with a 36 year old is disgraceful I agree with you.

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
I might have missed what you are referring to but I have not understand the comments likes that. Most comments are about the general issue as such which people agree is disgraceful and some having their own opinions.

I feel your post is very generic.
If you feel a 19 year old with a 29 year old is disgraceful I disagree with you for example. And by the way I do think the 29 year old can potentially be a very charming person in his/her home state also and be able to pick up the opposite sex left and right there also.
If you feel a 16 year old with a 36 year old is disgraceful I agree with you.

I'm speaking about men 50+ with girls and/or boys 20 years old and younger for money. I'm speaking about men who can't visit places in the Dominican Republic or elsewhere, unless they can find a "chica friendly hotel". I'm talking about men who justify the actions of men 65+ in seeking out girls 20 years old and younger, because they have lived a full life, and deserve it in their golden years, at a cheap price. In my opinion, and other's as well, that's sickening. Now, no, I have no problem with two adults hooking up, and what ever occurs....occurs. That's between two consenting adults. Sky's the limit. Enjoy. Nor, am I going to judge anybody on their interactions with the opposite sex, or in some instances, the same sex, but when you have perverts, who couldn't get past hello with a woman where they are from, who all of a sudden think they are George Clooney or Denzel Washington because they have 1500 pesos in their pocket, well, they're the same as the creepy crawlers in trenchcoats who offer children candy. Yes, in their minds, every young girl has a fantasy of possibly being able to sleep with grandpappy. Seriously. Every dog has their day, and every day here in the Dominican Republic, foreign born pedophiles are being investigated and/or picked up. That's some good press that doesn't get highlighted too much, but many worldwide law enforcement resources are dedicated to removing this scum from corners of the earth....especially here in the Dominican Republic.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Funny enough it states that the age of consent in the Dominican Republic is 18.

That is legally accurate and legally you can't hire anyone under the age of 18 to work for you either. My wife hired a 17 year old daughter of a friend in need at it came back to bite her. She ended up having to pay the girl until she was 18 without her working.

joselowe

May 5, 2015
The age of consent in Colombia is 14.
The age of consent is 14 in Mexico also and 16 in most of the US, but if anyone 18 or older in any of those countries sleep with someone under 18 they will be persecuted legally. I go to colombia frequently and trust me you're more likely to see pregnant teen girls in RD. The fertility rate is also higher in RD than Colombia.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Some of you need to tone it down a bit, lay off the booze and keep it 100% DR related moving forward, or you might find yourself on the end of one of my infractions.

Consenting adults is exactly how it sounds, regardless of anyone's own personal moral compass.

One more thing...

sanpedrogringo, if you are going to call out mods in a post, then you better either state the facts or retract the comment.

I'm waiting...

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
Some of you need to tone it down a bit, lay off the booze and keep it 100% DR related moving forward, or you might find yourself on the end of one of my infractions.

Consenting adults is exactly how it sounds, regardless of anyone's own personal moral compass.

One more thing...

sanpedrogringo, if you are going to call out mods in a post, then you better either state the facts or retract the comment.

I'm waiting...

Here or in a private message?

Apr 7, 2014
The age of consent is 14 in Mexico also and 16 in most of the US, but if anyone 18 or older in any of those countries sleep with someone under 18 they will be persecuted legally. I go to colombia frequently and trust me you're more likely to see pregnant teen girls in RD. The fertility rate is also higher in RD than Colombia.
I think it is the same, Colombia, DR, Mexico. Its all the same. I think you will see teenage girls pregnant in all these countries at the same amount or percentage of the population. Because the consistent fact would be their similar economic class over all other social factors.
Furthermore the local men are exploiting them much more than any global traveller. The crisis only occurs when the global traveller wants credit for being a "Ladies Man" and starts a website or blog or wants to give internet tutorials on how to do what he does. Like Cuba Dave and a few of these other guys who go to Thailand or Vietnam.

Sent from my Z833 using Tapatalk

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Older Dominican men having been banging young (in some cases very young)
Dominincan females for hundreds of years. I think it safe to say, its going to take
more than a few new (selectively enforced) laws to change this reality anytime soon.

Unless the government can somehow find a way to make (steal) money in the process
to further enrich themselves, I seriously doubt they'll pursue or hunt down or convict
anyone anytime soon for this type of behaviour.

Last edited:

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006
All the talk about what the law is in other countries, and you can’t tell them how to behave because it’s their country not yours is missing the point of this thread. The OP alleges that the Attorney General of the LRD has called for a crackdown on the practice. If indeed he has he’s got an uphill battle, and once again I wish him luck. When people at the top start to question the value of certain cultural practices, and their questions get repeated by others, and eventually people start serving time for those practices, this is how cultures change.

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
I think the age of consent at 18 years is the legal side of the coin.
I disagree with all who think that once they are 18 they are fair game.
I have an adopted RD daughter who turns 17 in October and looks 25.
There are a line of older RD men sniffing around like dogs in heat... and one Gringo.
The only deterrent is the fact that they are unsure of what I would do.... hope they keep being unsure.
The local culture encourages RD girls to find a Gringo or rich RD man. They are poor in my zone.
I know an el campo family with a 15 year old girl.... they turned down an RD man who was 56 years old simply because he did not have his own home and a steady job.
WE have a similar challenge in Northern Canada in the Aboriginal villages ; especially those that are isolated from mainstream Canada.
Cure poverty, increase education standards and stop Hollywood from exploiting the obvious might be a small start.
You are right they also learn by example of parents..... never ends.
Maybe with intense programs on the matter we can help change the situation in 150 years. Sorry if I sound negative.
But hormones are hormones and are difficult for children to deal with them.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Good post Russell...
Yes, Canada has BIG problems.... it's all exploitation to a degree.

The difference comes - presents itself - when the joven is the aggressor ...
which of course happens often.
Hard for those of a certain age/mentality/state of loneliness are challenged with it.

A dose of compassion wouldn't hurt here.
We may be able to point to 'taken advantage of' Gringos.....