Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
ilovehimlots said:
I am
1) not moving to the Dominican, I said my dad was organising a Visiting VISA for him.

Sarah, please be brave and show this to your dad... Sarah's Dad - please do not arrange a visitor's visa for this man. You will not be doing your daughter any favors and you will expose her to much harm!.

ilovehimlots said:
2) I do not need to worry about living on entertainment wages - I have enough money

That is why the sankie is after you Sarah! Because you have money to spend on him!

nattyg19

Oct 8, 2005
Will you guys stop giving this girl such a hard time. I will be honest I go to the dominican 2-3 times a year for 2-3 weeks at a time. Every time I go back I see a girl get hooked up with the different guys in the team. These guys are trying to be honest with you but they can be harsh about it. I have a fella and yeah sure I wanted him to come to the uk also butI have decided that I am going to move over there for a few months and see how we get on. Once he has his foot in the door of the uk its a hard door to close. As long as you have open eyes then thats fine the way I see it is if they can afford a moblie phone they can probably afford alot more.....

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
nattyg19 said:
As long as you have open eyes then thats fine the way I see it is if they can afford a moblie phone they can probably afford alot more.....

Don't kid yourself. Hard to find a Dominican today who doesn't have a mobile phone. May not have money to buy a card most of the time, but they can receive calls. Lots of specials for Dominicans. I've seen new Kyocera phones with a card sell for RD$300 just to get them hooked. The money is not made on the phones, but on the cards.

If you think a having a phone means having money, you know very little about life in the DR.

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
In most cases the phones will be gifts from other girls and hence if you check the charger they often have a plug adaptor attached! Or if they are brought over from Canada they will often be new models that are not available in the DR yet.....do a little detective work ;)

Either that or they are bought in the DR with money sent from other women.....I know I sound negative but more often than not that IS the case.....just be aware.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
nattyg19 said:
Will you guys stop giving this girl such a hard time. I will be honest I go to the dominican 2-3 times a year for 2-3 weeks at a time. Every time I go back I see a girl get hooked up with the different guys in the team. These guys are trying to be honest with you but they can be harsh about it. I have a fella and yeah sure I wanted him to come to the uk also butI have decided that I am going to move over there for a few months and see how we get on. Once he has his foot in the door of the uk its a hard door to close. As long as you have open eyes then thats fine the way I see it is if they can afford a moblie phone they can probably afford alot more.....
My dear, you have much to learn!!!! You see, the sankie does not purchase his own phone at any cost....this is where one of his other gringas comes into the picture with the Western Union transfer for the funds to purchase a "good" phone!(and most of his other possessions!!!!);)

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Sometimes I wonder if I as born in the same country.

He thinks about as much for you, as the last girl he had sex with. My guess last night.

Don't feel embarrassed about being played, your not the first and you will not be the last.

Yes, I talk from 10 years of running this board, living in the DR and I have yet to hear of a single happy marriage/relationship between a resort worker and a gringa.

Someone please tell me if I'm wrong?

For my info on your boyfriend, read this.

http://www.dr1.com/articles/sankies.shtml

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Robert said:
Yes, I talk from 10 years of running this board, living in the DR and I have yet to hear of a single happy marriage/relationship between a resort worker and a gringa.

Not to encourage the OP, but according to the first posting on this thread, I'm thinking you may be wrong.

I, like other readers, feel that ilovehimlots may not be for real. She is supposedly an 18 year old self-proclaimed hottie, looking to have kids fathered by a Dominican that she has spent three weeks with. Her parents are encouraging her. She has a 15 year old sister with a kid. Her parents don't seem to mind that. Evidently, money is not an issue, since 1) she said she has enough not to worry about living off his salary, and 2) she has enough money to travel from the UK, spend 3 weeks in Punta Cana, and then return two months later.

It's just to ridiculous to believe. Assuming her parents are well-to-do, there is no way they would be encouraging this relationship.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
I honestly don't know why we all bother anymore. The heart is definitely in the right place, however, the more you try to dissuade the victim, the more motivating it is for them to prove you all wrong. They are well aware that you don't know this man personally, so you have no basis for your argument. She "knows";) him, so in her mind, she is in a better position to judge.

Sarah, if you need some support once you've learned the harsh lesson you're going to endure, please do post about it and come back, and hopefully your story will change someone else's mind. Little do you know that the people who are giving you advice have either been in your shoes, or have known someone who has been in your shoes. It's obvious you're blind and are going to defend him to the end, but please don't ignore the warning signs when you see them. You will save yourself a lot of grief, money, and time by listening to the reasoning voice in your head.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
rellosk said:
Not to encourage the OP, but according to the first posting on this thread, I'm thinking you may be wrong.

I, like other readers, feel that ilovehimlots may not be for real. She is supposedly an 18 year old self-proclaimed hottie, looking to have kids fathered by a Dominican that she has spent three weeks with. Her parents are encouraging her. She has a 15 year old sister with a kid. Her parents don't seem to mind that. Evidently, money is not an issue, since 1) she said she has enough not to worry about living off his salary, and 2) she has enough money to travel from the UK, spend 3 weeks in Punta Cana, and then return two months later.

It's just to ridiculous to believe. Assuming her parents are well-to-do, there is no way they would be encouraging this relationship.

I agree with your logic, but even if it were true, dont forget, we dont get to pick the genes we inherit some some people are doomed from birth!!!

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
***hello Out There***

The irony of this thread is that anybody that responds to it is being played!

THIS IS 100% FICTION!

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
rellosk, you either think she is real or you don't. From your defense, it sounds like you think she is.

People who have been on this board for awhile can make up wonderful stories and get us going for a long time. It has happened before, it is happening now, and it will happen in the future.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Ken said:
rellosk, you either think she is real or you don't. From your defense, it sounds like you think she is.

People who have been on this board for awhile can make up wonderful stories and get us going for a long time. It has happened before, it is happening now, and it will happen in the future.

I don't know, I've seen real victims that are....ummm...let's say more naive (better way to put it than my original thought)! :cool: :)

samanasuenos

Bronze
Oct 5, 2005
Dear Sweet Young Innocent Sarah:

Welcome!

I don't care whether you ARE a sock puppet. Ehem.

Would you please do us a favor, though, if you would be so kind:

We have a few contests going on, and I feel as if, sock puppet or NOT, you may be an easy winner!

The prizes are ghetto-fab!

You can join a contest with any emails that Jose has sent you, surely you have a few sweet ones.

You can join another contest where you email a photo of his snazziest outifit to Anna C. to verify (as in a Tarzan thong with matching skirt). OOPS! Sorry! I think we closed that. Dang.

And we also have a contest for great sanky names; did yours have a sweet special nickname that he liked you to use? Bugarron, Papichulo, etc.

---- Sam

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
ilovehimlots said:
I am
1) not moving to the Dominican, I said my dad was organising a Visiting VISA for him.
2) I do not need to worry about living on entertainment wages - I have enough money
3) I am Sarah, and not a sock puppet. Check the records or whatever to see that I have not logged on before.

So have you all "work in animation and shared accomodations with them"?? Coz your all seem to have a clue, especially YOU mofi

qrb0b8.jpg

mofi

Feb 9, 2005
ilovehimlots said:
I am
3) I am Sarah, and not a sock puppet. Check the records or whatever to see that I have not logged on before.

So have you all "work in animation and shared accomodations with them"?? Coz your all seem to have a clue, especially YOU mofi

If I didn't why would I say that. do as you like just don't let the door hit you on the way out, which I am sure that it will.

No animation guy who is truly interested in a girl, would ask the girl to marry him after 3 weeks. It doesn't happen, if it does, its because like everyone else has said he's a sankie and is hoping you will get him a pass out of there.

mofi

Feb 9, 2005
Robert said:
Sometimes I wonder if I as born in the same country.

He thinks about as much for you, as the last girl he had sex with. My guess last night.

Don't feel embarrassed about being played, your not the first and you will not be the last.

For my info on your boyfriend, read this.

http://www.dr1.com/articles/sankies.shtml

I know of a marriage between an animation guy and a foriegner. That being said, the foreigner also worked in animation, and trust me it wasn't easy for them, because he was out every night all the time. Eventually however he grew up and things are good now, but i'm sure she had a few years of sheer hell.

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
See, while their appearances may dictate other wise, sankies are very friendly animals!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
My guess is she is for real, plus she's a first time poster from the UK.
Yes, they leave a certain trace :)

But...

This is getting boring.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.