Question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
I attribute it to a combination of booze, beaches and sunshine and the temptation of the exotic. Hormones kick in and intuition and intelligence get surpressed. These things are usually short lived and gullible men and women from all cultures are susceptible to these temptations. No big deal. Just another bump on life's road. The human heart is surprisingly resilient.*

I call this "Island Fever".

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I attribute it to a combination of booze, beaches and sunshine and the temptation of the exotic. Hormones kick in and intuition and intelligence get surpressed. These things are usually short lived and gullible men and women from all cultures are susceptible to these temptations. No big deal. Just another bump on life's road. The human heart is surprisingly resilient.*

in many cases, it is not just some island fever bump and grind. these girls fall deeply in love. the next thing you know is that they are working an extra shift at the coffee shop to send Fausto his weekly Western Union stipend, denying themselves of things they have longed after for years. hey, nothing is wrong with getting lit up on Brugal at the disco, and going home with some campesino. let me rephrase that...taking home some campseino, since most do not have a place to take a girl, other than the back of a coconut tree. then, in six months, we hear that they came here on vacation and got into it with Fausto?s *cousin, er, girlfriend.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
If you can afford it, give him money and see what exotic rewards you get in return.

If you can't afford it, walk away.

As long as you give him your money and not your heart, you'll be as right as rain...............enjoy!

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
in many cases, it is not just some island fever bump and grind. these girls fall deeply in love. the next thing you know is that they are working an extra shift at the coffee shop to send Fausto his weekly Western Union stipend, denying themselves of things they have longed after for years. hey, nothing is wrong with getting lit up on Brugal at the disco, and going home with some campesino. let me rephrase that...taking home some campseino, since most do not have a place to take a girl, other than the back of a coconut tree. then, in six months, we hear that they came here on vacation and got into it with Fausto?s *cousin, er, girlfriend.

Off course it's island fever. Sunshine, beach, drinks, no work, no stress and then fleeing from reality. ;)

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
If you can afford it, give him money and see what exotic rewards you get in return.

If you can't afford it, walk away.

As long as you give him your money and not your heart, you'll be as right as rain...............enjoy!

It's a woman beeza..

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
These part time party girls come to the DR with the " what happens in Vegas , stays in Vegas" attitude which has been told to them is "ok" once in a while . Initially its just to have FUN, Dance, eat, drink, watch some shows at the AI , Mingle , learn a little about the Culture..
But females are not wired like most Men, and if it does get physical, many of them can not separate a one time fling, with Real Emotion..that is where the real danger starts . And it does not matter that Fausto has no means of monetary support, or is living at home with 3 other much younger siblings ..They went too deep, and now they Rationalize it that there is " something there" , they cant explain it , but there is something there.
When you see it happening to one of your own family members , you kind of get a really good look into the psychology of it.
Many times it involves a recent breakup that sparks this bad decision. Not a good time to go on vacation to a place where there are absolutely no rules.. Confusion does not set in until its much too late..
They usually do not even hesitate to help him out financially , first couple times its a given..only when the stakes get higher do they begin to question it, but even then its easier to throw more good money after bad, than to admit you just messed up.
just my .02

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
These part time party girls come to the DR with the " what happens in Vegas , stays in Vegas" attitude which has been told to them is "ok" once in a while . Initially its just to have FUN, Dance, eat, drink, watch some shows at the AI , Mingle , learn a little about the Culture..
But females are not wired like most Men, and if it does get physical, many of them can not separate a one time fling, with Real Emotion..that is where the real danger starts . And it does not matter that Fausto has no means of monetary support, or is living at home with 3 other much younger siblings ..They went too deep, and now they Rationalize it that there is " something there" , they cant explain it , but there is something there.
When you see it happening to one of your own family members , you kind of get a really good look into the psychology of it.
Many times it involves a recent breakup that sparks this bad decision. Not a good time to go on vacation to a place where there are absolutely no rules.. Confusion does not set in until its much too late..
They usually do not even hesitate to help him out financially , first couple times its a given..only when the stakes get higher do they begin to question it, but even then its easier to throw more good money after bad, than to admit you just messed up.
just my .02

JD, there are many stories here that show that men have that same problem, why you think WU always has a long line of women waiting? ;)

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
JD, there are many stories here that show that men have that same problem, why you think WU always has a long line of women waiting? ;)

trust me I know.. i said MOST men, statistically speaking .. but you right , it may only be a slim percentage point..
Psychologists and Doctors will tell you women are wired completely differently.
In other words ,they do not fly down with the intention of this happening to them, not even to be this Loose .
If you asked this same woman on the flight down..
" if you meet a guy who works at the hotel, and you have a fling, do you think you might fall for him, even if you find out he has no real income, and may be a player "... etc
She would probably Laugh at the absurdity of the question..
fast forward a week into the "Las Vegas style vacation" ... and she is hooked ..

Cdngurl

Nov 15, 2016
yes, he is quite embarrassed and made it clear it was not my problem. I agree that my BS meter is tweaking which is exactly why I wanted your opinions. I think I will get an Amiga to check it out. Why does this have to be such a roller coaster ride, lol.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
yes, he is quite embarrassed and made it clear it was not my problem. I agree that my BS meter is tweaking which is exactly why I wanted your opinions. I think I will get an Amiga to check it out. Why does this have to be such a roller coaster ride, lol.

if this is for real, I hope you are buckled in real good.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012

Making it clear it is not your problem would be the way he would play it initially. How long has he worked at this hotel. The longer he worked there the more his liquidacion (severance) will be. Ask what he plans to do with his liquidacion. He probably won't expect you to know about it. Ask how long he worked at the hotel and if you know what he was being paid it is easy to figure his liquidacion payout.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014

While you're at it, take a look at the DR Sisterhood site http://http://yoursaucepans.blogspot.com/p/dr-sisterhood.html, because if your BS meter is even whispering....Don't get sanked!

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007

What do you see in him?

Any prospects in your own hometown?

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
there is agriculture in Canada....and supermarkets. ergo, prospects.

hahahahahaha

OK.

Candidates!!!!!

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=prospects

pros?pect
ˈpr?ˌspekt/
noun
plural noun: prospects
the possibility or likelihood of some future event occurring.
"there was no prospect of a reconciliation"
synonyms: likelihood, hope, expectation, anticipation, (good/poor) chance, odds, probability, possibility, promise; More
a person regarded as likely to succeed or as a potential customer, client, etc.
"clients deemed likely prospects for active party membership"
synonyms: candidate, possibility; informalcatch
"Jack is an exciting prospect"

Status
Not open for further replies.