Question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
What kind of VISA does he have ?? A tourist Visa application is NOT a sure thing, even though they are giving them away pretty freely, and it was not always like that... but keep in mind this is like a $275 Application, with no guarantees whatsoever .
And a K-1 Visa ? .. oh boy , dont even want to touch that one , if you going that route.

A Canadian Tourist visa is only $75 USD. It used to be $75 for a single entry and $125 for multiple entries. Plus, now everyone is considered for multiple entries.

Ron Anjero

Aug 8, 2013
Cdngurl -Maybe you should look at Canada's Citizenship and Immigration site. Or watch a few episodes of "Canada Border Services" reality tv show. No money, no job, no home ownership. He'll be the one going through ( oops stopped) in secondary. You might want to check on the legal implications of being an "invitee"/ sponsor. Good Luck.

Cdngurl

Nov 15, 2016
Cdngurl -Maybe you should look at Canada's Citizenship and Immigration site. Or watch a few episodes of "Canada Border Services" reality tv show. No money, no job, no home ownership. He'll be the one going through ( oops stopped) in secondary. You might want to check on the legal implications of being an "invitee"/ sponsor. Good Luck.
Of course I have looked into Canadian rules and also my ladt trip to Santo domingo we went to the VAC for advice. He and his brother own their home but yes, it does look bad that he has no job or funds. Border Security is one of my regular shows, lol. Its only a visitors visa guys, not an application to live or work here. But I appreciate your concerns. I assume most of you are experienced with this stuff. I also can't help but feel like a few of you think I'm a fool. Maybe I am...

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Of course I have looked into Canadian rules and also my ladt trip to Santo domingo we went to the VAC for advice. He and his brother own their home but yes, it does look bad that he has no job or funds. Border Security is one of my regular shows, lol. Its only a visitors visa guys, not an application to live or work here. But I appreciate your concerns. I assume most of you are experienced with this stuff. I also can't help but feel like a few of you think I'm a fool. Maybe I am...

The first thing the Immigration department is going to look for is does he have enough ties to bring him back home? No job, no income, no vehicle, no wife, etc. If the house title is under his name, might possibly help. A good amount of cash accumulated over months is good too. But the no job thing is a major red flag for officials. Going to visit the Canadian girlfriend he met just a few months ago is another one. That said, I wish you all the luck and happiness.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009

Nah gurl, you just in Love.. and Love is grand... just keep us updated on how it all works out... Let this thread be like your Diary .. We love a good Love Story... Ignore the Haters ,they gonna hate... Some are Crusty old people who have not had the love of a good partner in a long time, so forgive them... Just keep us posted and take the good info you get and ignore the bad..

Cdngurl

Nov 15, 2016
Nah gurl, you just in Love.. and Love is grand... just keep us updated on how it all works out... Let this thread be like your Diary .. We love a good Love Story... Ignore the Haters ,they gonna hate... Some are Crusty old people who have not had the love of a good partner in a long time, so forgive them... Just keep us posted and take the good info you get and ignore the bad..

Thanks. I'll be sure to keep updates.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
While you are home alone without him in Canada, find something good to read.

I suggest the following.

Sankies

Status
Not open for further replies.