Question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
yes, he is quite embarrassed and made it clear it was not my problem. I agree that my BS meter is tweaking which is exactly why I wanted your opinions. I think I will get an Amiga to check it out. Why does this have to be such a roller coaster ride, lol.

My opinion based on my experiences for the past seven winters here. I'm a Canadian man who has had relationships, both good and bad, with DR women. A large percentage of the male and female population in the DR are poor. They perceive gringos and gringas to be people of means. Able to help them escape their lives of poverty. Sex is casual here and fidelity and monogamy are not a high priority here. Your in a very different culture and any relationship here will be a difficult one, even a long distance one. Enjoy the time you spend with him. Keep your purse closed and go home and think about getting deeper into this relationship.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
my goodness, are you suggesting that she have an illicit sexual relationship?
i thought that you bible carrying mod's were suppose to preach against that.

if she isn?t going to marry him, then it is not premarital sex.

Cdngurl

Nov 15, 2016
Thanks for all your good advice. I was able to confirm that he is no longer working there by getting an Amiga to call the resort, so I can only assume he was fired as I don't think he'd quit. As far as a Canadian gitl falling in love in DR, I have to admit the men there tend to perform ( in all ways) much like our shining princes. The fact it is a third world country can't necessarily be held against them. As with any man I've dated, I remain a bit skeptical of things especially after reading this forum (which I am so appreciative btw). It's just hard when you live so far apart and you can't t say you truly know the person. My view is that a bit of skeptism is healthy.

Cdngurl

Nov 15, 2016
Not looking for marriage or brining him to Canada. He wants to own and operate his own disco in his hometown. I am a nurse here in Canada and quite frankly can't see going from nurse to co owner of a disco, lol. Its fun for now and he makes me feel like a princess. What more can I say?

Cdngurl

Nov 15, 2016
Good question. Not me. His papa has some money judging buy his home, but my guy certainly doesn't.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Jd426 - are you being serious or sarcastic?

Dont pay any attention to me, I like to drink a little Johnny Walker from time to time, and it clouds my judgement.

So tell us more about this guy .. We love a nice Story.

Cdngurl

Nov 15, 2016
Not that exciting a story but here goes... I met him when I went to a resort with my best friend in September. We were the youngest people by far at this place and therefor seemed to draw a lot of attention from the animation team. We hung out together on the beach during the day; by night we would dance duting the evening entertainment. My second night I fell and broke my arm, but in my drunken judgement (remember I'm a nurse, lol) I chose not to get it looked at as I didn't want a cast to ruin my tan and fun. One night my friend and I went off the resort with my guy and his amigo - we ended up renting a hotel (yes, I did pay for that) and proceeded to have the best sex of my entire life even with a condom. My last night there he took me back to the same hotel ( he paid this time) and the next day I left after giving him my WhatsApp. We've more or less talked at least once per day, even when he was working. Because of my broken arm, I can't work till January. I flew to punta cana in October and yes I did pay for an all includive week for both of us. He paid for the rental car, food and drinks outside of the resort and the 12 year aged whisky at the disco. He lives with his brother in a not so nice wooden and tin Shack but they have a bathroom and electricity. Alas, I went back for a week this month but stayed in his home. His amigo actually paid my airfare which I found strange. This is the trip that caused him to get fired as he was seen with me and his friends at the disco. I do wonder if he thinks I will finance his disco dream purchase but he has not mentioned it yet. I worry he may have quit his job with the hopes it will expediate his dream. Time will tell. He has applied for a visitors visa to come see me in canada before I have to go back to work so I can show him how I live. That's it in a nutshell...

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
Not that exciting a story but here goes... I met him when I went to a resort with my best friend in September. We were the youngest people by far at this place and therefor seemed to draw a lot of attention from the animation team. We hung out together on the beach during the day; by night we would dance duting the evening entertainment. My second night I fell and broke my arm, but in my drunken judgement (remember I'm a nurse, lol) I chose not to get it looked at as I didn't want a cast to ruin my tan and fun. One night my friend and I went off the resort with my guy and his amigo - we ended up renting a hotel (yes, I did pay for that) and proceeded to have the best sex of my entire life even with a condom. My last night there he took me back to the same hotel ( he paid this time) and the next day I left after giving him my WhatsApp. We've more or less talked at least once per day, even when he was working. Because of my broken arm, I can't work till January. I flew to punta cana in October and yes I did pay for an all includive week for both of us. He paid for the rental car, food and drinks outside of the resort and the 12 year aged whisky at the disco. He lives with his brother in a not so nice wooden and tin Shack but they have a bathroom and electricity. Alas, I went back for a week this month but stayed in his home. His amigo actually paid my airfare which I found strange. This is the trip that caused him to get fired as he was seen with me and his friends at the disco. I do wonder if he thinks I will finance his disco dream purchase but he has not mentioned it yet. I worry he may have quit his job with the hopes it will expediate his dream. Time will tell. He has applied for a visitors visa to come see me in canada before I have to go back to work so I can show him how I live. That's it in a nutshell...

A friends of his paying for your airfare, that's a first? Apparently he has friends with money, have them finance the disco.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
A friends of his paying for your airfare, that's a first? Apparently he has friends with money, have them finance the disco.

It may very well be an "investment" by his friend.
Dreams do come true in the D.R.
(Mostly although for the Dominicans!)

Buffness

Self-imposed banned🫢
Oct 9, 2014
Hmmm ...this could go either way . My (lady) friend from Atlanta met someone in similar circumstances to this - resort , dancing ,her made her feel wonderful etc . After about a year , they were actually getting very serious until when a Dominican friend suggested that we find out what he gets up to when she is not here . Let's just say , in her case , the "truth" laid in his actions when she wasn't here in DR* . She got all her answers . They are still "friends" and they still spend time together- they just don't get things twisted .*

If being in this relationship gives you ANY doubts or worries - then maybe you have your answer already . Go with your insticts . As my grandmother used to say " peace of mind is better than a piece of a$$" . Sometimes ��.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
Thanks for all your good advice. I was able to confirm that he is no longer working there by getting an Amiga to call the resort, so I can only assume he was fired as I don't think he'd quit. As far as a Canadian gitl falling in love in DR, I have to admit the men there tend to perform ( in all ways) much like our shining princes. The fact it is a third world country can't necessarily be held against them. As with any man I've dated, I remain a bit skeptical of things especially after reading this forum (which I am so appreciative btw). It's just hard when you live so far apart and you can't t say you truly know the person. My view is that a bit of skeptism is healthy.

I know in your spot it would be easy to try and justify this relationship as being true but the devil is in the details, do some online research- this is not just any 3rd world Country. I have been to countless, and lived in a few. This one can take things to a whole new level especially when we speak of scam artists. Theft, lying, cheating, scamming are occupations here, they wont feel bad when caught, they will actually say "so what, give me some money". Typically locals are lazy and dont "perform" much at all. When it comes to pleasing their prey which gets them paid, this they will do!. This Country is filled with beautiful women dont make the mistake and think they prefer the gringa over these beauties, its just them doing their job!

Status
Not open for further replies.