Question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
Don't forget that a rubia is a status symbol for a lot of dominicans, and will treat them with more respect than the most beautifil girl in the Barrio. Won't mean they won't cheat ....

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Not that exciting a story but here goes... I met him when I went to a resort with my best friend in September. We were the youngest people by far at this place and therefor seemed to draw a lot of attention from the animation team. We hung out together on the beach during the day; by night we would dance duting the evening entertainment. My second night I fell and broke my arm, but in my drunken judgement (remember I'm a nurse, lol) I chose not to get it looked at as I didn't want a cast to ruin my tan and fun. One night my friend and I went off the resort with my guy and his amigo - we ended up renting a hotel (yes, I did pay for that) and proceeded to have the best sex of my entire life even with a condom. My last night there he took me back to the same hotel ( he paid this time) and the next day I left after giving him my WhatsApp. We've more or less talked at least once per day, even when he was working. Because of my broken arm, I can't work till January. I flew to punta cana in October and yes I did pay for an all includive week for both of us. He paid for the rental car, food and drinks outside of the resort and the 12 year aged whisky at the disco. He lives with his brother in a not so nice wooden and tin Shack but they have a bathroom and electricity. Alas, I went back for a week this month but stayed in his home. His amigo actually paid my airfare which I found strange. This is the trip that caused him to get fired as he was seen with me and his friends at the disco. I do wonder if he thinks I will finance his disco dream purchase but he has not mentioned it yet. I worry he may have quit his job with the hopes it will expediate his dream. Time will tell. He has applied for a visitors visa to come see me in canada before I have to go back to work so I can show him how I live. That's it in a nutshell...

This is a very typical story. Guys who work at these resorts are always on the "lookout" for young, pretty and willing ladies. You are on vacation in a tropical paradise and have what I call "Island Fever". You had a great time and some crazy memories. I am not going to tell you what to do but just remember this is a regular occurance in the DR or for that matter most 3rd world countries. Of course, he is enamered with you. Good luck.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The OP is one of hundreds of "candidates" for this guy. He has had a chance to perfect his act over time to the point that it is now convincing.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Not looking for marriage or brining him to Canada. He wants to own and operate his own disco in his hometown. I am a nurse here in Canada and quite frankly can't see going from nurse to co owner of a disco, lol. Its fun for now and he makes me feel like a princess. What more can I say?

Excellent attitude and perspective. Enjoy the place for what it is. Great beaches, interesting culture, and a great place to explore. I've have many DR friends here. I trust some of them and are wary of others. You sound like your able to sort out the good and the bad. It's great your treated like a princess but your not in a fairy tale land. Kiss a frog in Canada and he may turn into a prince. Kiss a DR guy and he might turn into a toad with warts you may not like or live to regret. Lol!

santiagodude

Nov 25, 2012
The only part that seems strange is the visa to "see how you live".....This normally would not be important unless you were either sizing up your prey or considering to potentially live together....Why else would a guy be concerned how a female lives?....If he just wants to hang out while on vacation with you, that could be considered normal......

Cdngurl

Nov 15, 2016
PM me and I'll share some of my experiences with you.

The only part that seems strange is the visa to "see how you live".....This normally would not be important unless you were either sizing up your prey or considering to potentially live together....Why else would a guy be concerned how a female lives?....If he just wants to hang out while on vacation with you, that could be considered normal......

Well, you could have a point. I took it to mean that now that I've seen his life/family/friends he wants to see mine.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Well, you could have a point. I took it to mean that now that I've seen his life/family/friends he wants to see mine.

What kind of VISA does he have ?? A tourist Visa application is NOT a sure thing, even though they are giving them away pretty freely, and it was not always like that... but keep in mind this is like a $275 Application, with no guarantees whatsoever .
And a K-1 Visa ? .. oh boy , dont even want to touch that one , if you going that route.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
What kind of VISA does he have ?? A tourist Visa application is NOT a sure thing, even though they are giving them away pretty freely, and it was not always like that... but keep in mind this is like a $275 Application, with no guarantees whatsoever .
And a K-1 Visa ? .. oh boy , dont even want to touch that one , if you going that route.

She's Canadian. Different visas. *Maybe different costs? *

Cdngurl

Nov 15, 2016
Yes, its a tourist visa $100 good for 6 months. He also needs to apply for an Eta which from what I understand is pretty straight forward. But he'd only be coming for 1 week - 10 days at the most.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Yes, its a tourist visa $100 good for 6 months. He also needs to apply for an Eta which from what I understand is pretty straight forward. But he'd only be coming for 1 week - 10 days at the most.

if there are other Dominicans where you live, that 10 days could easily extend itself..

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
Why does he need a visa AND an ETA? ETAs are for people from visa exempt countries. If he needs a Visa then he doesn't need the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.