Status
Not open for further replies.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
Hey ballheaded women are sexy.

No.

Women with a sense of humor are sexy.

I would venture a guess that messing with a Dominicana's "doo" is something you really wouldn't want to stick around after. You'd better be on the plane before she shampoos. :paranoid:

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
No.

Women with a sense of humor are sexy.
Perhaps she was laughing all the way to the pawn shop!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Next time you have drinks with a Dominican woman,
......be polite and considerate,
............ take turns drinking from each others glasses of wine. ;)

And always lock your apartment door after she comes in,
..... perhaps you will wake up before she does!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

These things don't always happen at home.

A number of years ago and American was drugged at a bar in Bella Vista (Santiago).
He was found murdered and his jeepeta stolen.

Turned out to be one of his male drinking buddies that wanted his jeepeta.

t9d26v.gif

SantiagoDR

Reactions: Bronxboy
E

engineerfg

Be Thankful & Go to Doctor

Sorry to hear this happened to you. Even the wisest of men slip up from time to time!

But be thankful. You are alive, you didn't suffer any physical pain or violent assault like many other thefts here, and it was just $800. Over the course of your life, it will mean nothing.

I second the suggestion to rush to the doctor though. Some of those date rape drugs can take up to 10 days to fully get out of your system. So be prepared for some restless sleep the next couple days and the inability to focus well. Try not to do any physical things like surfing, or sky diving etc, and just take it easy. But talk to a doctor just in case.

Good luck.

PS - I really liked the suggestion of telling the cops she stole 25G's. But not sure how far that will get you!

miozio

May 23, 2009
I agree. Or tell the cops she stole 25,000.00 US$ from you and if they get the $$ back you will give them half. You will never see the money but what a beating she will get.
I am sure they would find her in this case. Its a smart move. It will definitely work here in DR

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
I agree. Or tell the cops she stole 25,000.00 US$ from you and if they get the $$ back you will give them half. You will never see the money but what a beating she will get.

What if the police should ask him why would you have such a large amount of cash in your apartment? Could he show a bank withdrawal for at least that amount, or would he say it was undeclared money he brought into the country. Don't think this would be a good move on his part. Unless he keeps the amount under 10,000. U.S., he may end up with the beating.
IMHO..........

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
yessir...

What if the police should ask him why would you have such a large amount of cash in your apartment? Could he show a bank withdrawal for at least that amount, or would he say it was undeclared money he brought into the country. Don't think this would be a good move on his part. Unless he keeps the amount under 10,000. U.S., he may end up with the beating.
IMHO..........

Anything more than that and it turns into "drug money" unless you can prove otherwise. Especially in todays political climate.

miozio

May 23, 2009
What if the police should ask him why would you have such a large amount of cash in your apartment? Could he show a bank withdrawal for at least that amount, or would he say it was undeclared money he brought into the country.
Ok, maybe, but he can say $5000, half will go to the police. Or, tell the truth and let the police keep those dvds and playstations :) LOL

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Ok, maybe, but he can say $5000, half will go to the police. Or, tell the truth and let the police keep those dvds and playstations :) LOL

I think I'd leave out any mention of large amounts of cash in the house - someone in the police department might think there's easy pickings there next week/month.

AE

Reactions: rio2003

drgringo

Apr 25, 2009
The responces have been the very thoughts ( Security in on it, NP really would not be very interested). However if I see her again how would you suggest I proceed? In money the values would be about $800.00, by US. standards not very much, but here a substantial amount, moreover I was not hurt except my pride and some dizziness for awhile. I guess I do not have the say it, but here goes, GUYS AND GALS BE CAREFUL OUT THERE! I would now rather be perceived some what overly suspicious, and cautious when entertaing then to go through that again.

Unfortunately not much you can do, as the mindset here is that theft isnt a punishable crime, if anything its considered to be your fualt for being sucked in. As mentioned security and police could all be in on it, or will be if they see future opportunity.Not the safest feeling is it? but dont expect any changes.If you come across the girl and threaten or accuse you, she will make a scene as you are hurting her reputation, and you could be in further trouble...Let it go and undertsand this is one of the disfunctional parts of our island.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Anything more than that and it turns into "drug money" unless you can prove otherwise. Especially in todays political climate.

IMHO..........

Naw, that would be real police thinking.

pyratt

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
Give police a few bucks and see what they can do for you. the girl will be arrested and beaten up. Your case can be solved easily. If she had done this to me, I bet she would be in jail right now. You guys let them get away and this is why she will rob the next gringo.
AZB
Decent idea, but pay the cops only to arrest her and bring her to you--before they turn a blind eye while you kick her azz...until she's unconcious...While I detest abusing women, I have no problem beating a thief, regardless of gender.

Reactions: Bronxboy

Aspire

Nov 11, 2007
spread the joy

Catcher in the rye - You did spread the joy. Your response was pitch perfect and had me laughing loudly...thanks!

miozio

May 23, 2009
I think I'd leave out any mention of large amounts of cash in the house - someone in the police department might think there's easy pickings there next week/month.

AE
Tell them they could keep the stuff the girl took. There are no things laying around in your house, she poisoned you and robbed you! Its a huge crime worth 20 years in jail. I doubt the police would target your house with a dvd player anyways.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
A neighbor of mine used to live in San Cristobal. He and his parents lived in the USA for many years.

They returned to the DR and had a nice house in the campo in San Cristobal. They were not ostentatious but had very nice things in the house.

The father died and the police came to investigate. It was determined that it was a death of natural causes.

Several weeks later armed, masked men came to the house, tied up the mother and the adult son and stripped the house of everything of value.

They moved to Santo Domingo and live in the bottom of a two unit house with an uncle upstairs.

Guess who they think did the house invasion?

The police...

Qu? un pais de maravilla. :tired:

Status
Not open for further replies.