Robbed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 15, 2010
Sorry to hear about your stay, it kinda gives me secound taughts about going to D R. I am a single african american and i was planning a trip there alone for aug,Im not gonna lie i hear alot of rumors about the pretty ladies in D R and i wanted to find out are these rumors tru. i also hear alot of rumors about crime there also. im not really scared of crime,because im pretty sure i can handle my self if a phiscal situation happens, im more afraid of the unknown, meaning which pt of the island is the best and the safest, wich citys are close to the airport(just incase i have to escape lol) i hear the boca chica is close to the airport and the night life is the best on the island but im also hearing that santos domingo is safer,,,what do you think?

rsg

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
Give police a few bucks and see what they can do for you. the girl will be arrested and beaten up. Your case can be solved easily. If she had done this to me, I bet she would be in jail right now. You guys let them get away and this is why she will rob the next gringo.
AZB

I agree with AZB. Even if you dont get your stuff back, dont let her get away with what she did to you. Like AZB said, pay the police off to arrest her.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
No pity for you

This is one of the reasons they have caba?as here. Never bring a stranger into your home, or tell them where you live. There's no telling what can happen. Security 101.

Forastero read my mind.

To the OP: Move on, you were relieved of $800 by a not so slick p*ta, that s part of the game :cheeky:

Where I am from, people would laugh at you, LMAO

Reactions: Celt202

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Forastero read my mind.

To the OP: Move on, you were relieved of $800 by a not so slick p*ta, that s part of the game :cheeky:

Where I am from, people would laugh at you, LMAO

Amortized over 8 trips it was an inexpensive session/lesson.

1. NEVER leave a drink unattended.
2. Lock up your stuff.

t'

Reactions: Celt202

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Look, its not as complicated as many people make it sound like. If you are a decent looking man who was not chasing some cheap carwash puta, I am sure the police would be more than happy to assist you. I never have problems getting assistance from police. This is why its important to know some important dominicans where you live (example: coronel). I have friends who are important figures in police force and military. A high ranking general is my patient. So in addition to general dominican friends, try to take some time out to make some important friends who hold important positions in this country. If some chick had robbed me like this and I knew her where-abouts or the university she studies in; believe me, I would teach a lesson to her, her chulo that they will never forget.
AZB

amparocorp

Bronze
Aug 11, 2002
why do people insist on having "valuables",,,,get the cheapest cell phone you can, go to internet cafe, timex, small or no TV, for a show go outdoors, for music go across the street, have nothing and there is nothing to steal............

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
why do people insist on having "valuables",,,,get the cheapest cell phone you can, go to internet cafe, timex, small or no TV, for a show go outdoors, for music go across the street, have nothing and there is nothing to steal............

Yes give up all the luxuries in life so to appear less desireable to robbers...

Ahh, if thats the case we are far from Paradaiso, and its time to move elsewhere.

I agree about not flaunting or showing of wealth, that must be saved for the locals, but NO TV!!! or internet. What would that do to Codetel????

amparocorp

Bronze
Aug 11, 2002
i have luxurie,,,, it's hard, large, need more than a skinny kid, to steal my king size bed, bathtub x 3 w/showers, etc. a couple of guys could steal a nice plant and vase but other than that there is nothing "exotic" worth stealing, sofa? rattan? so what? i don't know any major furniture bandits. i do have a tinaco "500" gallons on the roof, do you think it might be stolen with the water in it?

Mar 2, 2008
I think it is what they "think" they can steal rather than what they will actually get.

If they 'think' you are wealthy simply because you are a gringo (and by "they" I mean the robbers. not the ordinary citizens of the DR), then 'they' will put you and your family at risk, at the drop of a hat.

I doubt if any of us has enough "stuff" worth robbing at any given time, when everything is said and done, but it the 'perception' of what the spoils might be that the robbers think about, if they think at all.

Sometime what is actually taken amounts to very little, but the robbers have more when they walk away than they had previously.

Just beware, and don't take anything for granted. There are those out there who have NOTHING, so anything looks good to them.

Reactions: rio2003

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Sweet Teeth

Perfect advice.
For a long time I did not know why Dominicans only buy in small quantities... then my worker told me that they had stolen some sugar (less than half a pound) from his (locked) room.

donP

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Perfect advice.
For a long time I did not know why Dominicans only buy in small quantities... then my worker told me that they had stolen some sugar (less than half a pound) from his (locked) room.

donP
The OTHER reason is:
.... The larger the quality you have on hand, the faster it gets used!

Never carry more money on you then you can afford to lose.

The women (Hookers) love to rub up against the tourist and distract them with one hand, while the other hand is relieving their pocket of their money.

t9d26v.gif

SantiagoDR

Mar 2, 2008
That is a great story, JD. It is also very instructive.

I think it should be posted in the "What have you done for us lately" thread. I believe those small, generally untold, gestures of humanity are the greatest contributions that can be made.

Good for you, JD!

swake

Oct 27, 2002
I have been unfortunately a victum of a robbery. Through neglect, foolishness and not using my common sense. I met a girl near the university, I have seen her several times. One day she asked to have a glass of wine, and to show her my apartment etc...
and? did you f%ck her?

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Maybe some people should learn from other people mistakes and make an attempt to date better class of women who are not only after your money. Why not try to work on your personality and attract women who are impressed with your personality, more than your wallet.
AZB

Reactions: waytogo
Status
Not open for further replies.