Robbed

Status
Not open for further replies.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
All that which Robert said, plus:

My experience as a traveler to far away places and some very closed to foreigners (Japan), its that one must use common sense first and foremost!

"Dime con quien andas, y te dire quien eres." Applies more here than H20 to the oceans.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
nice....do they really ?

Have you ever sat down and talked to those Dominicans that are just like your everyday middle class back home? Decent jobs, home and car owners, vacation overseas, have savings etc.

Ask one of them from Santiago or Santo Domingo what they think of Sosua or Boca Chica. Maybe thats why you hardly ever see them on the beach at these places.

You need to get out a little, you might just be surprised...

Mar 2, 2008
I must have missed something. I was under the impression that the "robbery" in question occurred in Santo Domingo, not Sosua or Boca Chica, but what the heck, I'm sure the facts can be adapted to fit any scenario when necessary.

Anyway, by now must of us understand the real reason for the original post; To stir up another batch of contrived drama for the various pundits to plunge into and comment upon. Another manufactured novella/sitcom.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I must have missed something. I was under the impression that the "robbery" in question occurred in Santo Domingo, not Sosua or Boca Chica, but what the heck, I'm sure the facts can be adapted to fit any scenario when necessary.

I am not surprised that you don't get it. The OP is the same person who would be in sosua getting robbed by the same type of girls. You see, some expats find sosua, no matter where they go.The bottom line is the same: The moment they land anywhere, they go straight out to find hookers and barrio cueros. Why is it that in over 12 yrs of living here, I have never had any problems in this country.
AZB

Mar 2, 2008
But it happened in SD, did it not?

We all understand your perfection, ABC. You certainly remind us enough.

However your twisting of the facts are somewhat lacking in perfection, in this instance.

By the way, didn't you fall in with a con-man a short time ago? Perhaps you should follow your own advice.

And to think that little indiscretion happened in SD, not Sosua. Absolutely Shocking!

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
But it happened in SD, did it not?

We all understand your perfection, ABC. You certainly remind us enough.

However your twisting of the facts are somewhat lacking in perfection, in this instance.

By the way, didn't you fall in with a con-man a short time ago? Perhaps you should follow your own advice.

And to think that little indiscretion happened in SD, not Sosua. Absolutely Shocking!

catcher, the guy was with a cuero (you know what that means?). It means he was with a hooker type girl (just like in sosua, where you live). Seems like these problems only happen to people who mingle with hookers, cueros and bariro rats. No wonder so many expats are being poisoned, mugged, disappeared (even fake disappearances) and worse of all, killed in sosua and puerto plata area. The only times these things happen in santiago and santo domingoto an expat is when the guys go out seeking the same sosua type hookers/sluts.
Anyway, catcher you know damn well what I am talking about so don't try to confuse the issue. Have a nice day.
AZB

Mar 2, 2008
LOL

You are a very funny little guy.

I know exactly what you are talking about, and I also know there are prostitutes everywhere on this island (in fact, all over the world). That definitely includes Sosua. However, they are certainly not exclusive to Sosua.

I also realize there is much to be concerned about right here on the north coast, but let's try to keep this thread's discussion right where it belongs, squarely in SD, and not try to redirect the focus northward, okay?

Vacara

I love AZB!
May 5, 2009
The moment they land anywhere, they go straight out to find hookers and barrio cueros. Why is it that in over 12 yrs of living here, I have never had any problems in this country.
AZB

Maybe you haven't found a "cuero" willing to do you a favor.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com

If you're referring to MY post, then I think you need to read it again.

It's pretty obvious that the robbery took place in SD and it was never about Boca Chica or Sosua.

Fact adapting to fit the scenario, amazing how much of that goes on. hahaha!!

Isn't it about time you added AZB to your ignore list?
It's a great feature, I urge everyone to use it :)

Mar 2, 2008
Why should I ignore ABC? He is one of the funniest posters on DR1. He never fails to make me laugh.

By the way, I do not have anyone on my "ignore list." What would be the sense in that? There is always something to learn, even from the most outlandish posters.

I wouldn't recommend anyone use such a feature. One might as well stick one's head in the sand.

Vacara

I love AZB!
May 5, 2009
Now I see where AZB gets the courage to roam the forum, gratuitously insulting people as individuals and as a group. Nice indeed.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Now I see where AZB gets the courage to roam the forum, gratuitously insulting people as individuals and as a group. Nice indeed.

This is why we have an ignore feature, report a post, infractions etc etc etc.

If you have an issue with a poster or post, you have options, I suggest you exercise those options or stop moaning.

The topic of AZB ends here. Anymore posts mentioning him will be erased, so don't bother.

Next....

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
The help-line for those in the same needs:

<object width="320" height="193"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DI5RvmNvXak&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DI5RvmNvXak&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="320" height="193"></embed></object>

May 12, 2005
Those of us who live our lives here as we would live anywhere else, seem to have a sixth sense for avoiding the drama that comes with hanging out with members of the 'service' industry, I guess.

I know the crowd that guys like Robert and Aftab hang out with, and I can't IMAGINE ever having a problem with one of those types of folks. (I would too, but I'm not much of a 'social events' kind of guy anymore.)
Most of them have their own social cliques (read 'networking'), and can be an invaluable source of information.

They're the same folks that also never have problems with the service industry folks.

I'm not going to lie. Many, many years ago, I spent a lot more time in some of the less desirable areas and social circles, but all of that got left behind a long time ago. It gets old, fast.

It's so much more pleasant to hang out with the 'nice' folks.

Now that should be a sticky. Sage advice.

Reactions: mobrouser

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
There is nothing wrong with socializing with the less desirable folks, just know who is who. Do not make a goddess out of a barrio chick. Take her for her face value and treat her accordingly. You can be nice to her and treat her nice but please don't take a barrio chick to a fancy restaurant and sit her next to society people (ladies). Both sides will feel uncomfortable. The cuero type women are perfectly happy with going to cabanas (motel) and drinking beer in a carwash. They don't mind if you pick them up from the street and then later drop them off on the street. There is no need to carry a long term relation with her. You want sex and she needs money. match made in heaven.
No need to start a family with her. Let the barrio guys do this part.
Just have fun, take her to motel and then drop her off on some street corner and live another day. Does this sound too laborious for some people?
My dominican friends and even my expat friends, when they date a barrio girl who is an easy catch. They pick her up in dark tinted window cars, make sure they take her where no one knows them. This is why we have secret places in santiago. Then take her to a motel, giver her some money for salon or for her bastard kid and then drop her off near her home and drive away. Both parties are happy. No one cares.
AZB

Status
Not open for further replies.