Sankies and Safe Sex

Audra

Bronze
Mar 19, 2006
Actually you might be surprised how many people are interested in this topic.

I agree there is a lot of interest on the subject (just look at the number of views in this forum), I just found it odd that he/she was writing a thesis on this subject, and mentions sankie pankie the whole bit.
I am also shocked at the number of publications on the subject:glasses:

GradStudentNYC

Nov 25, 2006
I like your style...

Actually you might be surprised how many people are interested in this topic. There are several papers and sites that I have read on the topic posted by academics on the web. You should know by the many postings on this topic in this message board that it's an interesting topic and for anyone pursuing a master's in public health or any related field, it is a VERY relevant topic! I think only someone with their head stuck in the Dominican sand would think it not relevant.

Cabezas, Between Love and Money

These are just two of the articles or websites that I found about the topic. They may be helpful to the user in her/his thesis.

Thanks!!! I completely agree, hence the thesis!

GradStudentNYC

Nov 25, 2006
sankies a-go-go

I agree there is a lot of interest on the subject (just look at the number of views in this forum), I just found it odd that he/she was writing a thesis on this subject, and mentions sankie pankie the whole bit.
I am also shocked at the number of publications on the subject:glasses:

I've known about SPs for at least two years. I was initially interested in doing my research on rent-a-dreads but became interested in SPs.

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
I've known about SPs for at least two years. I was initially interested in doing my research on rent-a-dreads but became interested in SPs.
Safe to assume not as a client rather as an "objective" researcher ... btw, I know about sankies in the DR, what is/are rent-a-dreads??? ;)

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
I agree there is a lot of interest on the subject (just look at the number of views in this forum),
Yep, available supply and low cost of SEX in the DR make it a hot "commodity" ... perhaps soon to be traded on Chicago Mercantile Exchange :ermm:

suitelady79

Sep 20, 2006
Believe it or not....

Shad, Sankie Pankieism is not exclusive to the Dominican Republic or countries in the caribbean like rent-a-dreads in Jamaica. I too at first thought it was just a dominican thing until I did more research. Any poor country has sankies and sankiettes and people willing to marry or date foreigners for various reasons. That includes some parts of Eastern Europe and countries of the former Soviet Union and Asia. They go by different names, but are sankies/sankiettes just the same. I read a story about a man on the web but I can't post the link because the women he married was not domincan and I don't want to take it off topic. This is a VERY interesting topic for me though. I would like to read the OP's thesis when s/he's done with it, I'm sure it will be a wealth of information.

WebDev

Jan 1, 2002
samana.net
"Vers le Sud"

Anyone seen the recent film, about a year old, on sex tourism in Haiti in the 70's? I think it starred Vanessa Redgrave.

The movie is call "Vers le Sud", and parts was filmed arround Las Terrenas, a lot of locals where in this movies, the film is in French and not available on DVD. But available thru other channels.
A couple of months ago, the director came back to Las Terrenas and present the movie for viewing to a select audience. The French ambassador was present and she thanks to the participants for the cooperation on this movie.

IMO the movie is a "B" type movie, done on a very limited budget. No Vanessa Redgrave is not in it.

WebDev

louisekilpatrick

Mar 18, 2006
Hiya,
Ive visited the DR a few times and have slept with the same guy each time.
We always used a condom and it wasnt just me who suggested it. We just automatically did!

Hope this helps. I know there will be some interesting remarks from others!

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
From what I've read, u usually tear people to pieces when it comes to their Sankie stories!
I am sorry to hear that and think that you may have misunderstood some of my comments.
I am not a 'bad frog' - indeed never have shredded anybody.
(Others are much worse...)

As for sankies:
I have nothing against them (we have two in the family) and do hope that gringas will keep supporting them (less burden on us... ;) ).

mountainfrog
Rent-a-Sankie

louisekilpatrick

Mar 18, 2006
I'm English!
Still don't understand!!!!!!! I have read some stereotypes of these women who fall for sankie charms, however I don't personally think I fall into those stereotypes!!!