Sanky or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janin

On Vacation....
Jul 31, 2007
Strokes

... Thanks for you negativity anyway!!

What you call 'negativity' is my view on reality.

The comments I take the liberty to make, are based on dozens of cases which I witnessed into personal disaster and financial ruin (as a co-administrator of a German forum specializing on the matter).
Thus I do not warn any more (because it's useless).

In fact, I don't care how your and hb's relationship goes on.
You're just a stroke in my little statistics... :tired:

And that is good.

Janin

Euterpe

Aug 20, 2007
I love these threads ....better than a Mills & Boon novel !
I was going to ask a bit of advice about something - but I haven't received my bulletproof undies yet, so dont think that I will !

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
I love these threads ....better than a Mills & Boon novel !
I was going to ask a bit of advice about something - but I haven't received my bulletproof undies yet, so dont think that I will !

Smart move!!!

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
i cant speak for him because i dont know what his MO is, which is what brought me here. Thanks for you negativity anyway!!

We hear/read about 1500 of these stories a year and I feel like we've reached the quota for this month alone.

You came here you to ask, everyone comes here to ask but what you want to hear is that "he isn't a sankie" and we can't tell you that because we don't know the guy.

There is plenty of info posted in stickies which we hope you will read and decide for yourself if your guy is or isn't a sankie but most newbies keep asking and most of the people that read these threads at least 1500 times a year ;) try to tell you the things to watch out for, some not in a nice polite way because sometimes polite and nice just doesn't get through.

You are an adult you should be able to decide for yourself if he is or isn't a sankie. ;)

The stove is hot don't touch it, but mommy you're so negative, mommy what does hot mean? ouchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

exactly how we feel every time one of these threads comes up ;)

Can2Dom

Sep 19, 2007
euterpe - dont mind the negative comments...they may far outweigh the positive ones. but its worth it just to read the few well thought of replies you get.

questions never get answered. replies are like copy and paste and people are rude and insulting. but its to be expected when youve gotten burned and hold a grudge. BUT there are those who realize the mistakes they made and share their experiences to help others not to put them down!!!

Can2Dom

Sep 19, 2007
Anna, i totally understand that some of the people including yourself must have read these time and time again and continuously learn of more sanky fiascos.
based on what you've said there is sufficient infor posted...ive read all the info...and more threads than i can count. and the conclusion i came to is that I DONT KNOW!!!
your red flags dont apply, western union doesnt apply...but because hes a waiter in a restaurant he automatically is a sanky. i dont get it!!! im not expecting any definitive answers or expect people to feed me lies. I just can wrap my head around it!!

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I just can wrap my head around it!!

You mean can't, yes I know that's the really sad part.

You are looking for exact words or situations that match what is written but it's not like that. Read overall info and then figure it out based on your guy but stop trying to tell people here that they are wrong.

Some members live in the DR and see these guys walking around with a different girl every week.

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
It was a week-long affair, what is so deep you cant wrap your head around it? If you two are friends, how deep can it had gotten over the phone that you cant wrap your head around that either.

This is the wrong forum for you to get the answers you want to hear. Simple.

MissionDoc

Dec 16, 2006
Yes Candom the question did get answered. No Candom you obviously didn't get the answer you wanted to hear.
This is typical of all of these posts. They all go on forever and the OP ends up accusing everyone that responds that they are only being negative. Sometimes the truth really hurts especially if you don't want to hear it. It is like saying "you know it hurts when I stick my tongue in the fanblade" Solution: Don't do that!:bunny:

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
...the conclusion i came to is that I DONT KNOW!!!
Then wait until you know what you 'DONT KNOW!!!'
.... your red flags dont apply
YET ... missing word. Part of the sankie's MO is to allow his victim (or client) to feel at ease with him. Perhaps, you're in that stage of the 'relationship'.
... I just can wrap my head around it!!
Be patient, they can 'wrap you around their little fingers'.

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
I think the reason that the posters in this forum have a hard time letting their questions go is because the responses that they get are typically scarastic and some down right rude. It seems the goal of some of the DR1 members is to throw out as many nasty insults as they can.

I have three questions for the people who write these ridiculous posts?

Why don't the people who can't stand these threads keep out of them or just observe and get a good laugh without comment?

Is it really necessary to be mean to everyone that inquires about their sanky? I'm pretty sure the woman haven't done anything wrong....

What personal gain do you get from writing like that?

For the OP....stop letting these people walk all over you. They are of no help to you or your personal situation. You aren't going to get a satisfactory answer in this forum no matter how many times you ask the questions. Their goal is to get a rise out of you and wait for you to say something else they can pick apart. Listen to the people that tell you to be cautious & level headed. They are correct & make great points. Only time and an open mind will show you whether your new friend is to be trusted or not. There are good and bad people everywhere in the world, you will see in time if your friend is legit or not. Just be aware that if something seems weird or abnormal then it probably is.

Sangria

chillindr

Mar 6, 2007
And for all the other thread readers, my question is still out there...

what are the red flags to look out for when he comes off as non-sanky-like??
and does/can a MEANINGFUL FRIENDSHIP exist between a DR man and a Canadian girl?

FYI - my daughter is friends with a couple guys in the DR. They talk to each other frequently on the phone and internet. She has met both in person and there is no sexual relationship what so ever between them. One works at a resort and one is college educated and has a well paying job. They are friends and only friends...and you will find this surprising....the one that is college educated is the one that asks for things to be sent to him "because we can buy it cheaper here" and the resort worker has never asked for anything...and he is the one that makes the calls to my daughter.

Hopefully this might answer your question...yes I believe there can be a friendship there.

contasm

May 10, 2005
FYI - my daughter is friends with a couple guys in the DR. They talk to each other frequently on the phone and internet. She has met both in person and there is no sexual relationship what so ever between them. One works at a resort and one is college educated and has a well paying job. They are friends and only friends...and you will find this surprising....the one that is college educated is the one that asks for things to be sent to him "because we can buy it cheaper here" and the resort worker has never asked for anything...and he is the one that makes the calls to my daughter.

Hopefully this might answer your question...yes I believe there can be a friendship there.

ChillindrINA ????

8154.jpg

Don't let "El Chavo" get your daughter !!!! :squareeye

escucha2

Nov 27, 2005
sanky

Hi! I'm new to DR1 (as of today) but have spent the past week reading the threads. And yes i am expecting a lot of criticism and backlash for my question...

From what I've seen thus far, sankies have only been classified as hotel/resort workers. Does the term apply to DR men who don't work in resorts?

Im another sucker for a DR man. I met a guy on vacation outside the resort at a restaurant, had a good time, spent the week with him and then went home. i never expected more from the situation nor did i think he did either. since then (almost a month), we've kept in touch, he calls, i call, we talk, getting to know each other blah blah blah. so far he hasn't asked me for a single thing. i'm under the impression he comes from a well-to-do family and is educated (which doesnt necessarily rule out being a sanky) and of course i get the i miss you, i want to be with you, im waiting for you, when can you come back, i want you as my girfriend, and he calls me his mama sotta (forgive the spelling if its wrong)...

He ''seems'' to be genuine but your forum makes me wonder...

And people please, if you're going to insult me for asking a simple question...dont bother replying. Im just wondering if there could be any truth to the matter. dont get me wrong, i am not going to put my life on hold for him or anything of the sort!

99.5% of all Dominicans are Sankies given the opportunity, if this guy is different it would be comparable to hitting the lottery. I,m not saying that all are hanging out at the resorts looking for their next victim, but if you allow it they will take you for a ride, they are experts at it and you won,t know what happened until it is too late. The girls are the same, all looking for the good life, compliments of some unsuspecting gringo.

Can2Dom

Sep 19, 2007
could it be???

shad, are you saying its less than 99.5 % or more??

from what youve written, im surprised you are contesting this figure.

please explain!

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
shad, are you saying its less than 99.5 % or more??

from what youve written, im surprised you are contesting this figure.

please explain!
I'm simply asking the poster to provide the source. There's a huge difference between resort workers, who are 99.99999% sankies, and 'normal' Dominicans. If one frequents AIs then that'll be your impression of the DR, but if you have the opportunity to get out and meet 'normal' folks with 'normal' jobs, you'll know this isn't true.

I've never written anything remotely suggesting that the majority of Dominicans are sankies ... if you can show me please, I'll eat the CN Tower.

Can2Dom

Sep 19, 2007
AI - all inclusives?! :)

so my friend who isnt in the AI industry may not be a sanky because he lives with the 'normal' folks???

Status
Not open for further replies.