Six bodies found in Juan Dolio

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013
Just like I thought, it turns out they were related.

Where does it say they are related?

The decades-old skeletons were found in a completely different part of Juan Dolio, by the beach, by someone doing some type of plumbing work.

These others are bodies thrown in some type of pit (pozo).

Do you have different information?

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013

Tough to blame Juan Dolio, because some anti-socials decided to dump bodies by an abandoned house that is in the general vicinity of Juan Dolio. By all indications, neither the victims nor the perpetrators had a direct link to Juan Dolio.

As for the decades-old skeletons, those may or may not correspond to people linked to JD. But too little is known about them as of now. Presumably an anthropologist is working with authorities to gather information about them.

Natu

Jan 20, 2013
Where does it say they are related?

The decades-old skeletons were found in a completely different part of Juan Dolio, by the beach, by someone doing some type of plumbing work.

These others are bodies thrown in some type of pit (pozo).

Do you have different information?

Read this:

The digging continues http://www.listindiario.com/la-republica/2016/05/24/420477/hallan-huesos-de-2-de-7-personas-desaparecidas

Las osamentas de dos de siete personas, la mayor?a choferes de minibuses desaparecidos en los ?ltimos cuatro meses en San Pedro de Macor?s, La Romana y Hato Mayor fueron encontradas por las autoridades en una fosa com?n, donde se cree reposan otros cad?veres, ubicados por dos de cuatro apresados por las autoridades.

El hallazgo y su seguimiento podr?a poner al descubierto una de las redes m?s crueles de robos y asesinatos jam?s conocida en la regi?n Este, en cuyos v?nculos por la caracter?stica de los veh?culos robados, podr?a destaparse una “caja de pandora” por los sectores que podr?an estar vinculados.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
Tough to blame Juan Dolio, because some anti-socials decided to dump bodies by an abandoned house that is in the general vicinity of Juan Dolio. By all indications, neither the victims nor the perpetrators had a direct link to Juan Dolio.

As for the decades-old skeletons, those may or may not correspond to people linked to JD. But too little is known about them as of now. Presumably an anthropologist is working with authorities to gather information about them.

When the bodies start showing up tourists don't "blame the place". They avoid the place. Think Acapulco.

Natu

Jan 20, 2013
Well then the local media is not doing a very good job explaining this. And now that they are talking about skeletons being found related to the bus drivers case, you can't blame me for being confused.

They are talking about 7 bodies and that they found the skeletons of 2 of those bodies of people that went missing 4 months ago. Its normal to feel confused, it is very confusing. Who are these 7 people?? Are they including the 3 bodies found yesterday, or are these 7 people new foundings??

The bigger question is, WHY IS NOBODY TALKING ABOUT THIS!!!

People get all indignant because some guy got mugged by 2 guys on a motorcicle, but nobody cares about 7 people that were thrown in a hole, ALIVE and tied up?? Seriously, the dominican population is the most manipulable group of people ever. Stupid crimes get front page ALL THE TIME!!

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013
When the bodies start showing up tourists don't "blame the place". They avoid the place. Think Acapulco.

Well, if you can speak for thousands or millions of people, go ahead.

I reckon people know the difference between violence AT a location (which is the case of Acapulco), versus bodies dumped in the general vicinity of a location. So far there are 3 in the recent case and (possibly) 3 from a decades-old case.

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013
They are talking about 7 bodies and that they found the skeletons of 2 of those bodies of people that went missing 4 months ago. Its normal to feel confused, it is very confusing. Who are these 7 people?? Are they including the 3 bodies found yesterday, or are these 7 people new foundings??

You may still be confused.

There are seven MISSING PEOPLE of which 3 may have been found in this pit (fosa). The remaining ones may or may not be there (hopefully they are still alive, although probably not).

Natu

Jan 20, 2013
Got it!!

Sheesh, they make it sound like if there were 7 people in that pit. Probably on purpose!!

jmnorr

Nov 22, 2012
Any indication that the missing Daryl Fontera is someone who may be one of the unidentified

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
Well, if you can speak for thousands or millions of people, go ahead.

I reckon people know the difference between violence AT a location (which is the case of Acapulco), versus bodies dumped in the general vicinity of a location. So far there are 3 in the recent case and (possibly) 3 from a decades-old case.

I'm not speaking for anyone. It's not like folks were flocking to JD anyway. This news will even turn away the Casa de Campo faithful.

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013
I'm not speaking for....This news will even turn away the Casa de Campo faithful.

You are not speaking for anyone, right?
All you are saying is that you already know how an apparently solved case in which not a single tourist was hurt or targeted will affect the decision making of thousands or millions of potential tourists.

What if another band dumps afew bodies near PC?

Say whatever you want.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
You are not speaking for anyone, right?
All you are saying is that you already know how an apparently solved case in which not a single tourist was hurt or targeted will affect the decision making of thousands or millions of potential tourists.

What if another band dumps afew bodies near PC?

Say whatever you want.

So when are you booking your next flight on Egypt Air?

See what I mean?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
I'm not speaking for anyone. It's not like folks were flocking to JD anyway. This news will even turn away the Casa de Campo faithful.

i am pretty certain most gringos here do not follow local news at all. the visitors even less so.