Six bodies found in Juan Dolio

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
Yes I have been following this case closely with the help of a former student , now with the court in San Pedro . The court has seperated the various men and women who have been given preventative sentances and they are in four different prisons . I am assuming that Jaime from Jimini on the Haitian border is in fact an Haitian and that he worked with the latest arrested man , see above who comes from a different province Elias Pina which is also on the border .. We still await the arrest of the mysterious Yan but I think he will be very well protected as it possibly was he who bribed the border police and traffic authorities to get the vehicles into Haiti. I have a very strong feeling that the gang in Elias Pina amy have been working also with a gang in the capital who shave stolen more than 1300 cars and motor bikes in the last several months, but not with the violence of the gang in San Pedro. I doubt if we will ever see Yan but I would like to know what investigations are being taken against the border authorities who let these stolen vehicles enter into Haiti

rogerramjet1

Sep 10, 2015
For all we know, the "old" skeletons could be from last month. Remember, we live in a tropical country where bodies decompose at a MUCH faster rate than in colder areas. I dont know, I just find it too hard to believe that they found 3 other bodies so close to the bus driver ones and they're totally unrelated. That last part is the one that i'm having a hard time believing and its also kind of hard to believe that those bodies have been laying there for decades and nobody discovered them, not even with all the construction that has beel going on in that beach for the past 20 years or so.

yes but what about all the alcohol they dink...that would go some waysss towards preserving the bodies?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i hope hell is a long, narrow well full of rotting bodies. horrible crimes.

peace to the victims and their families.

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
Is it liagil to sti out side of the cort house with sines like in the usa?
Burn this trash...

No. Most family and friends will be outside the courthouse with photos of the victims and such. Things can get hairy when they bring the accused to and from their court hearings.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
Firstly ,Dominican Today seldom gets anything right when they use other news services so I would not take this information as reliable .In fact ,other UN bodies have the DR much lower but East and Central Africa together with Central America and the Caribbean feature high. But, in many African countries, there are no proper statistics yet we know that whole tribes have been wiped out . So I think the statistics in many countries are way off line .
But getting back to the dreadful murders in Juan Dolio last year , some of the accused are still in prison but the ringleader, who is at large in Haiti , at last report, needs to be brought to justice .. After this amount of time , I doubt if he will be ever be brought before the courts and the others will rot in prison. Everyone ,except the ring leader was or still is poor and the police have no incentive to proceed in the case. I have a source in San Pedro who can keep me informed on events there . The situation in near by la Romana is awful, as many may have read ,with police killing two young men on Sunday which is the usual hunting night and another outside the university O y M on Monday .

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
In case people may have forgotten, these horrible crimes were associated with the robberies of vehicles ,sometimes small gua guas which were driven across the border into Haiti . The gang involved was probably the same as the one operating in the capital at that time.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
All the posts made here about the radio station murder have been moved to that thread.

This one is now closed.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
since the thread is a bit messy, let me recount the original story. back in may 2016 the bodies of three drivers were found in a well in SPM area. it was established that they were killed on separate occasions, bodies thrown into the well head first, still alive. in a course of investigation several people were detained and it was discovered the gang killed one more driver, whose body was tossed into the side of the road. the motive of the crime was robbery - their cars were then smuggled into haiti.

https://www.diariolibre.com/noticia...es-choferes-en-san-pedro-de-macoris-FH3786351
https://www.diariolibre.com/noticia...or-la-banda-de-san-pedro-de-macoris-IY3809659
https://www.diariolibre.com/noticia...por-banda-eran-llevados-hacia-haiti-EF3799125

the court has delivered the sentence today: 30 years for the killers and 20 for the accomplices.
http://www.elcaribe.com.do/2018/07/...s-de-prision-cinco-por-asesinato-de-choferes/
https://www.diariolibre.com/noticia...ar-choferes-y-lanzarlos-a-una-fosa-DB10337316

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
http://www.diariolibre.com/noticias...yos-restos-se-rescatan-en-san-pedro-FE3789456

DL reports recovery of the bodies from the well they've been buried in. it is believed the victims were thrown inside tied up, head first, still alive.

I am at a point of not finding an appropriate reply. But cannot simply forget the souls and the agony they felt before and during the murders.
Spent a lot of time in Central America during the 1980's .... a lot of this was going on there and it caused fear and paranoia everywhere. Today it is in Mexico at an alarming rate. And, Toronto has experienced twice the murders in the first six months of this year as did all last year.
The insensitivity toward humanity has reached unbelievable proportions worldwide.
God help us!
Russell