Some dude pimp slaps an AMET officer

Dec 26, 2011
You are right it does sound patronizing, I've often said that I find myself patronizing people in DR by trying to have the most basic of conversations about the most logical concepts.

I can relate. You can't change a country. You can't change a person. But you can expose a person to another way of thinking and they can be positively impacted by it.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Law and authority are constructs. Most humans don't need laws or authority to coerce them into beneficial behaviors or to dissuade them from harmful ones. I take the view that we're basically decent and cooperative. Those people that don't need to be policed are protected by people that authority has been given to artificially from the malignant dysfunctional individuals amongst us. That's fine. But if those entrusted with such authority have repeatedly and unashamedly abused it they cannot reasonably expect to be taken seriously.

absolutely, pollogringo. laws are not made for law abiding people. they are made to protect the law abiding from the lawless.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
even though this was "only" an AMET officer, this was not a very bright move to have made. you can be sure that the news has gotten to the attention of at least a few guys in PN. the next confrontation might be with one of those guys, and, if he as much as farts loudly, he is going to get capped. they are not going to stand by idly, and have him compromise their machismo in front of a few score witnesses.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Tit for Tat

even though this was "only" an AMET officer, this was not a very bright move to have made. you can be sure that the news has gotten to the attention of at least a few guys in PN. the next confrontation might be with one of those guys, and, if he as much as farts loudly, he is going to get capped. they are not going to stand by idly, and have him compromise their machismo in front of a few score witnesses.

That could very well be.

But what if the motoconcho is the owner of a "punto" and in retaliation pays less to AMET, PN, DNCD... :cheeky:

[This would also explain the ongoings in the video somehow, I think... ]

donP

Last edited:

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
That could very well be.

But what if the motoconcho is the owner of a "punto" and in retaliation pays less to AMET, PN, DNCD... :cheeky:

[This would also explain the ongoings in the video somehow, I think... ]

donP

that could very well be.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
Keep thinking like that,

And you are goin DOWN, guaranteed,

Face first on the ground, JAIL, a possible bullet.....

Ya, ok, it's worth it, because you wuz dissrespected?

Get the f-ck atta here!!!!!!!!!!

And your tellin your kids this GANGSTA SH-T??

That's F-CKED up!!!!!!!!!!

I was trying to make a point that. The uniform is not to be respected but the man or woman behind it should if they deserve it. Where did you get"gangsta" anywhere in my post.

Rice & Beans you seem like a tough enough guy, what if I gave YOU a policeman uniform then dropped your a$$ off in the heart of the southside of Chicago? How long do you think it would take before they whip your a$$ and take your own gun?

I give you an hour, but if you can run pretty fast 1 hr and 15 mins TOP!!!

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
I was trying to make a point that. The uniform is not to be respected but the man or woman behind it should if they deserve it. Where did you get"gangsta" anywhere in my post.

Rice & Beans you seem like a tough enough guy, what if I gave YOU a policeman uniform then dropped your a$$ off in the heart of the southside of Chicago? How long do you think it would take before they whip your a$$ and take your own gun?

I give you an hour, but if you can run pretty fast 1 hr and 15 mins TOP!!!

I'm not answering for R&B, by all counts we can't stand each other, but he has you nailed on this ethic.
Do you think this is 'Top Cat', where the local bobby is the only cop on the street? How exactly do you advise your kids on how to get to know the person behind the uniform?

Installing this kind of jive in kids is what gets them shot, but most certainly arrested.

'hey come here sonny, hands up against the wall',
' I don't have to listen to you until you show me some respect, my pops said',
'ok son, pretty please would you mind doing as I ask I have a concern you might have drugs or weapons on you, pretty please with sugar on top',
'how dare you assume such a thing, show some respect officer',
'oh alright, I just thought this uniform issued by the government entitled me to do my job, I was under the impression as a police officer I had the right to throw suspicion and do what was required to complete my duties, but if you say you don't have any weapons then that's good enough for me son. I know any real criminal would give their drugs and weapons over without me having to ask, silly me, sorry'.
Is that how it is done?
Really?

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
yes, but his buddies do not. they are usually looking for an opportunity to show people why it is not a good idea to mess with them..maybe the guy has the goods on all of them.

I think it is more likely they live in the same area and don't want any out of hours retaliation. There is a PN that stopped me with my family late at night, after a few words in a few friendly ears he does not get to work our sector anymore, and having seen him a few times since he does an amazing vanishing act. Not that I could or would retaliate, but I like the idea he is worried I can use the same contacts to get to him if he irritates us any more. Which is unlikely from Bulgaria.:classic:

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
well they(amet/police) dont tend to actually know the law so maybe the man was angry about that

DOC1727

Aug 30, 2011
I think what really happend was that the AMET officer was talking on his cell phone and he could not hear the conversacion due to the noise level coming from the mottos nearby. He than turned around and walked over to the guy on the motto-concha and proceeded to turn off his motto and thats when the guy on the motto flipped out and pucnhed the AMET officer in the face and began screaming at the officer and trying to engage him into a fist fight however, at no time after that does the motto-concha attack the officer or any other officers nor become a real threat just all talk and no action.

I do not see the AMET officer at any time backing away from him like some stated here. Instead what I see is the AMET officer takes off his glasses and proceed to confront this maniac and what turned out to be a personal fight and match between the motto-concha and the AMET officer. At the same time another AMET officer is seen standing in the way inbetween both of them. Stopping them from engaging in a fight.

I would say that the AMET officer "if he was armed" showed a lot of restrain from not pulling out his firearm and shot this idiot right there on the spot. Thats all it would have taken to get rid of this punk.

Last edited:

DOC1727

Aug 30, 2011
The guy on the mottoconcha also sucker punched the AMET officer in the face when he was not suspecting it and while he was looking down and trying to take the keys or shut down the motto. Not a real sign of manhood but rather of a coward.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Actually you are right, the Amet didn't back down as immediately as I initially thought, infact he looked like he was up for it initially, but then did retired to the background. I am not sure what happened my iinitial thoughts were he had been bullied out of the way. Maybe not the case, although I still say, this guy struck an officer of the law, he should be locked up for a few weeks at least.
But the top and bottom of this is that it is this kind of aggressive behaviour without consideration for consequences that gets several spunky dudes killed each and every day.

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
He was picking up the officers dignity..............

B in Santiago

LOL!

Amet exists only to further line the pockets of the rich politicians. Driving has always been a "mad dash" in this country, that has never changed... with or without amets.

Amets, although they carry weapons and make arrests, are nothing more than glorified tax collectors....

Give me the days of a little propina to the PN to keep things moving anytime!

JohnnyBoy

Bronze
Jun 17, 2012
The guy on the mottoconcha also sucker punched the AMET officer in the face when he was not suspecting it and while he was looking down and trying to take the keys or shut down the motto. Not a real sign of manhood but rather of a coward.

I dont know who is a man or who isnt but if some guy slapped me in the face I would have been on him like stink on poo poo.
If that cop was going to fight he would have attacked that guy had the bike fall on him and beat the snot out of him on the ground. The cop touched an obviously agitated mans property totally unprepared for the mans reaction. His arrogance made him think he could do what he wanted and his uniform would carry him through it.

Clearly this was not the case he got slapped in the face and did nothing.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
:D:D
Actually you are right, the Amet didn't back down as immediately as I initially thought, infact he looked like he was up for it initially, but then did retired to the background. I am not sure what happened my iinitial thoughts were he had been bullied out of the way. Maybe not the case, although I still say, this guy struck an officer of the law, he should be locked up for a few weeks at least.
But the top and bottom of this is that it is this kind of aggressive behaviour without consideration for consequences that gets several spunky dudes killed each and every day.

You said "officer of the law" :D:D:D

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Fair enough, I got carried away, but you get what I mean. Slap a traffic warden in Europe you do 3 months inside, standard.