Some dude pimp slaps an AMET officer

JohnnyBoy

Bronze
Jun 17, 2012
Fair enough, I got carried away, but you get what I mean. Slap a traffic warden in Europe you do 3 months inside, standard.

You are right. In Yonkers where my mother lives you would be beaten to death. But cops will talk to you respectfully in the US and Europe before the katzenjammers starts. Usually a cop will get off of the phone while he is working. There are some exceptions but for the most part US and UK/Eu cops are not a&&holes like this guy.

Dec 26, 2011
Not defending the motoconcho. He doesn't look like the brightest bulb. But he had the demeanor of a man that had been wronged, hurt even. The cop looks guilty. Of what, I have no idea. The violent reaction was visceral. Not smart. But it came from genuine offense.

JohnnyBoy

Bronze
Jun 17, 2012
That cop had smug arrogant look to him. I disliked him from the moment I laid eyes on him. Guys like him shouldnt be cops.

DOC1727

Aug 30, 2011
I dont know who is a man or who isnt but if some guy slapped me in the face I would have been on him like stink on poo poo.
If that cop was going to fight he would have attacked that guy had the bike fall on him and beat the snot out of him on the ground. The cop touched an obviously agitated mans property totally unprepared for the mans reaction. His arrogance made him think he could do what he wanted and his uniform would carry him through it.

Clearly this was not the case he got slapped in the face and did nothing.

Cops in the states get spit on and attacked by maniacs all the time. They most certainly will do something about it usually, they will tackle the guy down to the ground faced down and he will gets a knee placed in his face and rough up a bit and the cuffs will be put on extra tight so to cut the circulation on his both hands but, not like how you decribe where the officer is going to get into a street fight and a barage of punches and punch his way to defend his man hood.

Whe I was 21 years old and just got out of the army I was thinking of joining the highway patrol and went for an interview and the first thing the recruiter told me was they prefer ex-miltary over other applicants and I ask him why? He responded because we do not want to get just any kid off the street hot tempered and gives him a loaded 17 shot beretta pistol and the first time a person smacks him or spits on him he goes for his firearm and smokes them to defend his manhood.

Last edited:

JohnnyBoy

Bronze
Jun 17, 2012
Doc thank you for your service. I see your point but I would like to add that the training for a Highway Patrol Officer even in the poorest state of the US is light years ahead of the AMET. Half of these guys cant read.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
What a total lack of respect for authority. He is lucky he didn't earn a trip to the hospital before going to jail. The hypocrisy of some here who rail incessantly about how bad the driving is in DR but cheer an assault on those who at least try to control the streets.

Not only that, but posters jumping for joy at the AMET guy getting slapped. The officer wasn't doing anything out of line from the looks of the video.

All the guy had to do to diffuse the situation was turn his motor off, or just let the officer do it himself like he was about to. Anything after that could have been negotiated.

There may be some history between these two men, because the guy who slapped the officer kept repeating how tired he was of whatever it was he was tired of, but that's no excuse for people to cheer this type of goonery on.

jafo

Dec 16, 2006
Lots of good and bad posts here.

After watching the video 3/4 times.

The Amet on his phone walks over , and says something to the conho , while reaching for the keys.
At the same time the other amet is saying something to the concho and pointing at the bike.

When amet reaches for the keys , concho swings at him. To me it looks like he hits him more on the hat.
The hat fly's of in a backwards direction. Amets sun glasses didn't even come off.

NOT MUCH OF A PUNCH HERE.

The amet that was struck does not retreat. He actually moves towards the concho after the initial swing.
The second amet actually placed himself between the two and held amet struck apart from concho.
The cocho gets of his bike , and throws his hands up in a fighting stance. Talking trash.

There are at least five amet on the seen . Only two are involved.

In my opinion.

Respect is (commanded) by your presence. It is how one carry's one self and speaks.
Respect can not be demanded , you can not force an individual to respect you. As it is a train of thought.

Authority is something given by your position.
No one but your supervisor or employer can remove this from you
All a person in authority can do is take steps to minimize the individuals behavior and actions , that don't fit the current situation.
MODIFIERS IF YOU WILL.
One can not earn respect , in a brief encounter with the public.
Respect is something that is developed over a period of time. As in relationships with ones parents.

By taking the correct course of action when dealing with someone , you give them an opportunity to willingly act within societal norms . ( respect)

What does a D--che bag look like. What does a bully look like . What does arrogance look like.
Lots of names for the amet guy here.

If you ran into me in most cases you would walk the other way.
I don't look like a friendly guy . I carry myself as pretty much unapproachable. I don't walk around smiling like an idiot .
Can I look intimidating yes . Practiced look of 20 plus years in uniform. I can also choose to look friendly .

The DR is a country that a large majority of people feel that the rules don't apply to them.
Partly because in a lot of cases there are no rules.

So in closing.

The only people I see at fault from the short video .

Are the Moto concho putting his hands on amet.
If you did that to me in uniform .
I would use the amount of force necessary to restrain you , then definitely locking you up.
I worked alone a lot . And trust me I come out on top eventually . Because in the City of NY my gang is always bigger than yours.

The second amet that placed himself between concho and amet struck.
You cant deescalate a situation once that first punch is thrown .
And not immediately restraining the concho . This is the guy whose bravery i question.
The other 5 amet standing around after their fellow officer is struck. Not much better.

The concho , well what can you expect from him .
Probably poor , undereducated , unemployed except for the few hundred he earns . If he is a concho.

But in a machismo society , his actions are probably par for course among his social class.

Another case of eventually , someone ends up shot . And out comes the family with confirmation pictures talking about what a great guy he was never in trouble. Cared for his mother and children .

Anyway have to love utube . And people that post videos.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
I'm not answering for R&B, by all counts we can't stand each other, but he has you nailed on this ethic.
Do you think this is 'Top Cat', where the local bobby is the only cop on the street? How exactly do you advise your kids on how to get to know the person behind the uniform?

Installing this kind of jive in kids is what gets them shot, but most certainly arrested.

'hey come here sonny, hands up against the wall',
' I don't have to listen to you until you show me some respect, my pops said',
'ok son, pretty please would you mind doing as I ask I have a concern you might have drugs or weapons on you, pretty please with sugar on top',
'how dare you assume such a thing, show some respect officer',
'oh alright, I just thought this uniform issued by the government entitled me to do my job, I was under the impression as a police officer I had the right to throw suspicion and do what was required to complete my duties, but if you say you don't have any weapons then that's good enough for me son. I know any real criminal would give their drugs and weapons over without me having to ask, silly me, sorry'.
Is that how it is done?
Really?

A long time ago a man was dressing up like a cop and driving around in a unmarked car stopping girls on the street and driving to a location where he would rape them. I understand will are from two different worlds, I NEVER pretend to know what goes on in England, but you and so many other try to tell me about a city I know everything about.

Here in Chicago we teach our kids just because a person is wearing a uniform does not mean he or she can be trusted. The Chicago Police Dept held a work shop on when to trust a police officer and when to run.

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
I was once robbed by three policemen in a late night road block in SD. I had a friend who was high in the police ranks at the time. He convinced me to go with him to report the robbery to the very chief of police (It was that guy Candelier). Well, this chief of police listened to my story, gave a few orders by phone, gave me his card and told me: "Listen, if you ever get stopped by police again in a suspicious or dark area of town, don't stop. Keep driving until you get to a crowded or at least well lit area and then stop, if they still give you any trouble show them this card and tell them I told you to do so". Thanks god, I've never had to do that since then.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
A long time ago a man was dressing up like a cop and driving around in a unmarked car stopping girls on the street and driving to a location where he would rape them. I understand will are from two different worlds, I NEVER pretend to know what goes on in England, but you and so many other try to tell me about a city I know everything about.

Here in Chicago we teach our kids just because a person is wearing a uniform does not mean he or she can be trusted. The Chicago Police Dept held a work shop on when to trust a police officer and when to run.

Full of $hit JMB, This is nothing at all about the context we are talking about, you know it. I don't want to know or claim to know all about the city you know everything about. By your counts it sounds like a dive, somewhere to avoid. Changing the goalposts, but never mind, it's no big deal.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
I bet the guy got arrested and while at the police station they beat the crap out of him!
You just don't hit a police officer in the DR and get away with it.I wouldn't be surprised
if the guy is in a wheelchair and being fed thru a straw.

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
Yes you do!!!!! DR cops are big sissies especially when the other person is bigger. I have seen it with my own eyes.

And the officer just walks away?Then the police officers nowadays are different than years ago.So much for
protection!

JohnnyBoy

Bronze
Jun 17, 2012
I bet the guy got arrested and while at the police station they beat the crap out of him!
You just don't hit a police officer in the DR and get away with it.I wouldn't be surprised
if the guy is in a wheelchair and being fed thru a straw.

You really have to wonder why the five other cops there did not grab and arrest the guy. Granted the whole encounter isnt shown. We really have no idea what was happening or the end result. There were news cameras there that may have been the reason for the posturing by the cop and the concho.

Last edited:

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
You really have to wonder why the five other cops there did not grab and arrest the guy. Granted the whole encounter isnt shown. We really have no idea what was happening or the end result. There were news cameras there that may have been the reason for the posturing by the cop and the concho.

Exactly my thoughts.It didn't get uglier because of the news cameras.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
And the officer just walks away?Then the police officers nowadays are different than years ago.So much for
protection!

The only thing any of them stand up for is money. If there is no gain then they don't get involved. Walking away is the intelligent thing to do. 10 murders a day, 4 of them by the law, not including how many police are killed, you've got to work on probability in DR. If you are gunna strike someone then know it could chage your life forever. That's why mainly idiots get in physical fights on DR, it can so easily turn into kill or be killed, and who wants that over a traffic offence?