STDs and the DR

Have you or someone you know contracted an STD in the DR?

• Yes

Votes: 37 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 111 75.0%

• Total voters

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I wouldn't say that Aids is "almost impossible" to contract through normal heterosexual sex....maybe less likely than other forms of transmission perhaps. If that were the case, my friend would be alive today.
He died as a result of infection through heterosexual sex. He had only 2/3 gfs in his life and one of them gave it to him. He was not a drug user. And in the town about 1.5 hours from where I used to live, a guy was brought up on criminal charges in 1991/1992 for knowingly infecting a 4 women with HIV. They are all dead now.

I hope you are having safe sex buddy because you I think you some of your ideas are a little dated and inaccurate. Take care!
I suspect your "friend" had a secret life you don't know about, or had a raging, open sore when he contracted it.

I'll repeat: female to male transmission is extremely rare, even more rare than male breast cancer, which, by itself, is extremely rare. From my exerience, deathbed confessions clear the air and soul, and I heard a few.

It's the women who are at real risk. That sweet, kind, understanding metrosexual guy that enjoys shopping, Broadway show tunes and knows how to use the tiny spoon? Err......:bunny:

I suspect your "friend" had a secret life you don't know about, or had a raging, open sore when he contracted it.

I'll repeat: female to male transmission is extremely rare, even more rare than male breast cancer, which, by itself, is extremely rare. From my exerience, deathbed confessions clear the air and soul, and I heard a few.

It's the women who are at real risk. That sweet, kind, understanding metrosexual guy that enjoys shopping, Broadway show tunes and knows how to use the tiny spoon? Err......:bunny:

I was going to say it myself, but you say it such a nice manner.

Reactions: FernieBee

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
If that were the case, my friend would be alive today.
He died as a result of infection through heterosexual sex. He had only 2/3 gfs in his life and one of them gave it to him. He was not a drug user. !

Yeah right, let me tell give you a lesson on real life. You see some of us don't live a sheltered life, we actually see the real world. around us
I had a talk with my neighbor, a gay guy. What he told me, surprised me a bit. he says that the majority of sexual adventures he has had was with guys who were either married with kids or simply were posing as straight men in public. He told me he had men who were married, middle aged men with grown up kids yet they lived a double life. They would not only have sex with gay men but insist in having themselves penetrated. even the gay guy was shocked to see how many man pretending to be straight, church goers would actually look for other men to penetrate them.
Now I used to live in atlanta, right next to a park where gay men used to frequent every night looking for adventure. We used to jog there and used to see people having action in bushes. Then we would call the cops and often times they would have a raid, arrest men and give them tickets for indecent public exposure etc. Once we had a raid there and guess who got picked up? The local priest from a big baptist church. He was a married man with kids. He committed suicide later.
So not all people are as sweet and innocent as they make it look like in public.
AZB

Reactions: Lapurr

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
www.thecircusofdreams.com
Yeah right, let me tell give you a lesson on real life. You see some of us don't live a sheltered life, we actually see the real world. around us
I had a talk with my neighbor, a gay guy. What he told me, surprised me a bit. he says that the majority of sexual adventures he has had was with guys who were either married with kids or simply were posing as straight men in public. He told me he had men who were married, middle aged men with grown up kids yet they lived a double life. They would not only have sex with gay men but insist in having themselves penetrated. even the gay guy was shocked to see how many man pretending to be straight, church goers would actually look for other men to penetrate them.
Now I used to live in atlanta, right next to a park where gay men used to frequent every night looking for adventure. We used to jog there and used to see people having action in bushes. Then we would call the cops and often times they would have a raid, arrest men and give them tickets for indecent public exposure etc. Once we had a raid there and guess who got picked up? The local priest from a big baptist church. He was a married man with kids. He committed suicide later.
So not all people are as sweet and innocent as they make it look like in public.
AZB

I fail to see your point with regards to STD's :ermm:

Are you saying that men can not contract an STD from a woman?

Please also respect that there are other people on the board that also have lived life and have contributions, Do you think you are the final word on everything and are the only person that has life experience.

Usually someone who has true life experience, learns from them, becomes wiser and respects others, has manners and knowledge of how to communicate and debate in an intelligent manner rather than telling others there opinions are worthless and untrue.

STD's are blind when it comes to sexual preference, race and gender. There are of course high risk groups but that does not however mean any one group is not at risk at all.

Lovely story of the suicide you are so proud of, heart warming!

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Man who do you believe nowadays. Pretty much with every illness there are two sides to every story. I would rather err on the safe side...as I know for instance a big supporter of this idea that AIDS is not transmitted sexually is South Africa's ex-president Tabo Mbeki...but South Africa has one of the highest rates of infection in the world.

I really wish Cobraboy and Badpiece were correct on this, but I'm not willing to risk my life on their "expertise"

I had a very good friend of mine die of AIDS. Two of his young kids are infected and his wife is infected as well but looks healthy. She's a beautiful girl. The scary thing is that she moved to Bavaro / Punta Cana area to "work" and every now and then she goes back to Cotui with some new tourist "boyfriend"...Poor guys have no idea.

paddy

Silver
Oct 4, 2003
Bottom line...a T shirt is by far a much better choice than STD as a souvenir wherever you travel ..

GardenCraft

Jun 12, 2007
"It is a proven fact Aids is almost impossible to contract through normal hetorsexual sex especially for the male."

That is the same information given to the 1 in 4 people of Botswana, Lesotho and Swaziland who have HIV/AIDS. This information is tragically Darwinian in its consequences. Wisen up.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
"It is a proven fact Aids is almost impossible to contract through normal hetorsexual sex especially for the male."

That is the same information given to the 1 in 4 people of Botswana, Lesotho and Swaziland who have HIV/AIDS. This information is tragically Darwinian in its consequences. Wisen up.
Key words: "normal" and "heterosexual"...

Uncledee295

Apr 6, 2005
Wear the Glove

Hi to all, I normally read the post here but rarely post anything. I am a fireman/paramedic with the fire department. Although it is more common for women to contract AIDS with unprotected sex, men CAN catch the disease. AIDS is a blood borne disease meaning it is tranferred though blood or body fluid. If you have heterosexual sex and you are unprotected you are at risk. It does not matter is she comes from the Barrio or from a family with money. In my line of work I have learned that STD'S and AIDS does not discriminate. Your social status is not important when it comes to this disease. All you need is a cut or break in the skin to enter your blood stream, thus exposing you to the disease during sex.. What ever the risk, big or small there is still the risk. Also you are at risk for other blood borne diseases and STD'S. STD'S can still be transferred during oral sex also ( you know, the kind that burns while urination or worse.) Any woman that you don't know ( AIDS testing + or - ) should be treated as she could be infected. When I am working I protect myself by treating everyone as if they are infected. Not by disrespecting them or mistreating them, but by protecting myself by wearing gloves or other protective clothing. If your are going to have sex with a woman that you don't know, wear the glove please (condom). That is all I will say about this subject. PLEASE remember that if you have unprotected sex, YOU ARE AT RISK for STD'S and AIDS. To all have a good day and protect yourself.

Reactions: Lapurr
Feb 15, 2005
I'm not an expert by any means, but I find it incredulous that people would say that men can't catch STD or HIV from unprotected sex if all it takes is a break in the skin. How would a break in he skin occur perhaps alot of friction, I don't know. From my understanding some STDs penetrate through the urethra. But I'm pretty sure that the break in the skin doesn't have to be obvious to the eye for a micro-organism to enter, just a microscopic opening.
Anyway this is todays article in Dominican Today.

http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/lo...ol-Use-and-HIV-Risk-in-the-Dominican-Republic

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
no one said STD can't be transferred to man via normal sex with a woman. Only HIV is difficult to contract if its a sexual intercourse between a healthy man and lets say an infected woman. So folks please do not twist and confuse the words.
I know HIV is std but no one said you can't get std through hetero sexual contact only they were talking about HIV.
AZB

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
no one said STD can't be transferred to man via normal sex with a woman. Only HIV is difficult to contract if its a sexual intercourse between a healthy man and lets say an infected woman. So folks please do not twist and confuse the words.
I know HIV is std but no one said you can't get std through hetero sexual contact only they were talking about HIV.
AZB

I think I get it now.

HIV is very contagious between drug users who share syringes and homosexual men who engage in anal sex.

A non-HIV man or woman who sleeps (non anal sex) with an infected HIV partner is hard to contract.

If this is true, then I can understand why Hector Lavoe never infected Puchi.

Even in Magic Johnson's case where he did not infect his wife.

The question is then HOW did Magic get infected then?

hmmm..............................

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
I think I get it now.

HIV is very contagious between drug users who share syringes and homosexual men who engage in anal sex.

A non-HIV man or woman who sleeps (non anal sex) with an infected HIV partner is hard to contract.
HIV in "seroconvertable" quantites MUST get directly into the bloodstream. It is a fragile virus outside it's host element. IV drug users and hemopheliacs get it directly into the bloodstream, drug users through sharing contaminated needles, and hemophiliacs through contaminated Factor 8 (coagulation agent, made from blood donors) supplies, now corrected.

Anal sex easily results is badly torn tissues including compact vascular tissues. Easy transfer.

Oral sex and "regular" hetero relations begin to reduce the probabilities. Oral sex is more difficult because saliva can kill the virus. There would have to be open sores combined with a high seroconvertability quantity. In intercourse, the male would have to have an open sore or cut into vascular material to convert. The female is easier, just based on numerous factors.

NO ONE says it's impossible. There is evidence that different "acts" have differing levels of probability, from high to extremely low. NO ONE is saying to NOT protect yourself.

bronxboy said:

Uhhhh...it has been very widely reported that Johnson led quite the interesting double life in LA. The gay community knew for years how he frequented the many nightclubs there.

Reactions: Bronxboy

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I think I get it now.

Why do we only think HIV=aids? First of all, try to find definition of aids. what is aids? how is it classified? People think aids is a disease you get and then you become skinny and die. There are more like 25+ diseases under the aids umbrella. Example: if you die of pneumonia and are HIV positive, then you have died of aids. Now if you die the same way with the same disease and look the same when you are on death bed, with exact same symptoms and destroyed immune system like in the first case, then you are not classified as aids patients and you will die of pneumonia, not aids. There are people who have HIV for 20 yrs and didn't even know about it, yet one day when they got a blood test done, HIV showed up. they were prescribed AZT and other cocktail drugs. The side effects alone from those hardcore drugs destroyed the person's body and he eventually did die of aids with aids-like symptoms. So many believe if you are hiv positive and do not take medication for it, you will live like any other normal person.
Then you have a medical doctor who injected himself with hiv infected blood of another person, live on spanish TV. he is still not dead or ill after like 15 plus yrs. Many experts on retrovirus (example: HIV) do not think HIV has anything to do with aids and no one has proved them wrong yet; in fact they get no media time at all. I wonder why?

now about Magic Johnson: show me one professional rich athlete who doesn't do drugs or live the vida loca, i will show you 20 who do. back in those days, they guys were doing everything to kill their bodies with drugs and all, same holds true for hector. he was a junkie and we all know that.
here is a real example:
I have a friend who was not such a hot catch in the late 70's and early 80's when we were all young. he was a bit older than I was so he was able to get into all the sex clubs and whore joints in times square area. This man was so ugly and out of shape that the only women he ever did were whores from the mean streets of Manhattan. he did all the whores in Colombian joints in queens, run away girls in back streets of NYC, drug addicts and all the cheap ugly hookers you could find. he did this for over 10 yrs. He holds the record of never have done anything with a decent clean girl or even date a clean girl. If anyone could get HIV, he would have been the prime candidate.
he didn't do drugs or abuse alcohol. he was a normal average healthy guy.
Now back to the future: Now-a-days he is a respected married man, lives in NJ and has a family. he makes very good money and lives very well. Guess what? he is HIV free. He has done many blood tests as required by his job and the man is clean as a saint. hahahaha. now figure this out. 10 yrs with sleazy hookers from the streets who did drugs and he hardly ever used condoms yet the man is clean of any deadly disease like HIV. I would certainly not follow his path of life but here is a prime example of a man who took all the risks in the world and yet he is free of HIV, even after having unprotected sex for more than 10 yrs.
AZB

Reactions: Bronxboy

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
HIV in "seroconvertable" quantites MUST get directly into the bloodstream. It is a fragile virus outside it's host element. IV drug users and hemopheliacs get it directly into the bloodstream, drug users through sharing contaminated needles, and hemophiliacs through contaminated Factor 8 (coagulation agent, made from blood donors) supplies, now corrected.

Anal sex easily results is badly torn tissues including compact vascular tissues. Easy transfer.

Oral sex and "regular" hetero relations begin to reduce the probabilities. Oral sex is more difficult because saliva can kill the virus. There would have to be open sores combined with a high seroconvertability quantity. In intercourse, the male would have to have an open sore or cut into vascular material to convert. The female is easier, just based on numerous factors.

NO ONE says it's impossible. There is evidence that different "acts" have differing levels of probability, from high to extremely low. NO ONE is saying to NOT protect yourself.

Uhhhh...it has been very widely reported that Johnson led quite the interesting double life in LA. The gay community knew for years how he frequented the many nightclubs there.

My props to your post!!!

EXCELLENT!!!!

I did not know that Magic led THAT kind of life.

You never know.

GFar

Jan 23, 2007
AZB,

you post another blog of information to think about!! Thanks!
I have tried to pm you but it is blocked?
Sorry I havent called yet but I do HOPE to meet sometime in the near future!
Have you got back into the gym lately?
Gfar