STDs and the DR

Have you or someone you know contracted an STD in the DR?

• Yes

Votes: 37 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 111 75.0%

• Total voters

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I'm heard guys saying in DR that a man gets infected if he has PIV(penis inside vagina) sex with an infected woman and he ejaculates inside her.

Anyways, I see that people in DR are very aware of std's and condom use is more of the norm than the exception.

If Dominican men believe in this ejaculation explanation, then they know that not using a condom is risky, since they can ejaculate nside a vagina unexpectedly, and thus at risk. ( and ofcourse, a condom reduces risk for herpes,hpv,chlamydia,syphillis,etc,etc)

I've never heard of this anywhere else. If is harder for a man to get infected with the virus, this might be a logical explanation.

I've never heard of the exact " mechanics of infection". I thought once that somebody can contact hiv if vaginal fluids where around the skin of the penis, but apparently, the virus gets inside thru the uretha. ( this is assuming there is no cuts on the penis, that makes contact with the vaginal fluids).

During sex education in hs. They always talked about " vaginal fluids", but they never said , how the vaginal fluids get in thru a penis.

the " ejaculation" explanation is that the vagina fluids of an infected woman gets mixed up with the semen of the man,and can swim into the uretha.

If a man doesn't cum, or maybe " pre-cum", then the risk of contracting the virus thru PIV(penis inside vagina) sex is very reduced.

What the experts here say about that?
Never heard that theory before. But I can tell you much of what you post is totally incorrect.

HIV/AIDS is a blood-borne opportunistic infection. It has to get into the bloodstream to replicate. So unless a man has a cut/sore/bad abration on his tool, the odds of getting infected are miniscule. That is why anal infections are so common: tissues there are easy to tear in that type of sex.

asopao

Aug 6, 2005
Never heard that theory before. But I can tell you much of what you post is totally incorrect.

HIV/AIDS is a blood-borne opportunistic infection. It has to get into the bloodstream to replicate. So unless a man has a cut/sore/bad abration on his tool, the odds of getting infected are miniscule. That is why anal infections are so common: tissues there are easy to tear in that type of sex.

Ok, but how the virus is passed on the other way around then? an infected man to a woman via PIV sex.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Ok, but how the virus is passed on the other way around then? an infected man to a woman via PIV sex.
Through small tears in a womans organs. Happens frequently.

The ~infection~ has to be through the blood. It migrates to other areas, since blood goes to all areas.

But for an infection to occur, it has to get INTO the bloodstream.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
OK, so women get HIV from unprotected men, which as some put it here, almost can't have gotten HIV from women.... So they must be the guys who live a double life. Nice!
Uhm... I hate to have to ask this, but do the secretly guy guys really date sankiettes or otherwise pay female hookers just to cover up their hidden gay tendencies? Do secretly gay men really go thru all the hassle and cost of dating women and girlies... just to look more macho?

I can understand that secretly gay men may endanger their wife (and family) thru this link... but... street girls which don't all tak IV drugs, especially here??

Yes, I tend to believe that men are less likely to get infected by women than the women by man. Yet, a good reason to keep on using protection... not just for the man but for those women... after all, our "love making" should be to die for but necessarily kill (women and babies).

At the end of all days. Wear protection if you are not with somebody steady you can trust and as also YOU as a man, has not made sure you are HIV negative.

... J-D.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
OK, so women get HIV from unprotected men, which as some put it here, almost can't have gotten HIV from women.... So they must be the guys who live a double life. Nice!
Uhm... I hate to have to ask this, but do the secretly guy guys really date sankiettes or otherwise pay female hookers just to cover up their hidden gay tendencies? Do secretly gay men really go thru all the hassle and cost of dating women and girlies... just to look more macho?

I can understand that secretly gay men may endanger their wife (and family) thru this link... but... street girls which don't all tak IV drugs, especially here??

Yes, I tend to believe that men are less likely to get infected by women than the women by man. Yet, a good reason to keep on using protection... not just for the man but for those women... after all, our "love making" should be to die for but necessarily kill (women and babies).

At the end of all days. Wear protection if you are not with somebody steady you can trust and as also YOU as a man, has not made sure you are HIV negative.

... J-D.
That male double life is a LOT more prevalent in Latin and Haitian cultures than in the States, Canada or Europe. I've been present during death-bed confessionals of "straight" men in a prior life.

If I'm a gal, I question metrosexual men.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
not just metrosexual ones - often the least likely looking ones, I used to be the receptionist at a male sauna - a lot of people used to pretend they had never seen me before when id see them shopping with their wives

MBTS

Jan 28, 2009
i was in Boca Chica talking to a couple putas who were showing me their needle pokes from blood draws. Their tests were neg, which doesn't account for the past 4-6 weeks. What stood out was their hyper-anxiety of the relief of the results. Not clown like- more like escaping that close call with death. I asked how many she know were working with HIV, she and many others joined in that it's everywhere. They know it would get them someday, but they had bambinas, rent, food, cells etc to pay. Reminded me of the movie Deer Hunter and the Russian Roulette scene. It's going to happen; just when?

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
i was in Boca Chica talking to a couple putas who were showing me their needle pokes from blood draws. Their tests were neg, which doesn't account for the past 4-6 weeks. What stood out was their hyper-anxiety of the relief of the results. Not clown like- more like escaping that close call with death. I asked how many she know were working with HIV, she and many others joined in that it's everywhere. They know it would get them someday, but they had bambinas, rent, food, cells etc to pay. Reminded me of the movie Deer Hunter and the Russian Roulette scene. It's going to happen; just when?

I beg to question the background of their needle poked arms!

Not only may the pokes not exclusively be from blood draws but even IF they only were... why, if they did not fear having been infected, most likely because of unsafe sex practices and/or the origin of the other pokes, would they run to the lab to be tested again and again?

IMHO, it is OK to not participate in that mass hysteria of AIDS fears, yet, when you desperately try to convince yourself of the validity of the most questionable "truths" a person you label as a "puta" is trying to serve you in order to sweet talk you into taking advantage of her services... it is not only YOUR (and her) life you are putting at risk, but the ones of whom ever you will later try to convince of your wishful thinking... before bedding them.

Btw, I used the word "you" not implicitly directed at MBTS.

... J-D.

MBTS

Jan 28, 2009
I beg to question the background of their needle poked arms!

Not only may the pokes not exclusively be from blood draws but even IF they only were... why, if they did not fear having been infected, most likely because of unsafe sex practices and/or the origin of the other pokes, would they run to the lab to be tested again and again?

IMHO, it is OK to not participate in that mass hysteria of AIDS fears, yet, when you desperately try to convince yourself of the validity of the most questionable "truths" a person you label as a "puta" is trying to serve you in order to sweet talk you into taking advantage of her services... it is not only YOUR (and her) life you are putting at risk, but the ones of whom ever you will later try to convince of your wishful thinking... before bedding them.

Btw, I used the word "you" not implicitly directed at MBTS.

... J-D.

We are in agreement. Business is Business!

billyidol

Banned
Feb 9, 2004
cdngirl08,
Whether you are right or wrong is immaterial to my post. You could (& should)have put what you said a LOT more diplomatically.:glasses: :chinese: :surprised

badpiece33 is a well known poster & even GREATER experience in the DR. Look at the number of posts he has made, read again how long he has been coming here AND read again what he wrote!! Perhaps you would care to throttle back a bit on your aggression - badpiece33 KNOWS what he is talking about!! ~ Grahame.:pirate: :ermm:

I disagree, the number of posts contributed by a poster does NOT make them and expert on HIV. Or thusly, because he 'BadP' has been coming here for years he can determine if someone has HIV simply by gazing at them. Ive read his posts and he is relatively knowledgable on the DR and it's issues. However, Badp' should respectfully leave his diagnostic abilities to those that actually CAN! I mean this is very serious, there are LOADS of men and women that head to the DR for sun surf and sex and more sex....oh well let me re state that...there are LOADS of men and women that head to the DR for sex sex and more sex. For many of these people they will cast aside their good judgement as many do when on holidays , and engage in a great deal of 'coitus don'tinterupus' (excuse my latin). I too am worried about statements like 'BadP' statement and i for one dont give a $hit how many posts BadP has made......sorry!
Just for the record; A person CAN look healthy and have HIV. i have worked with many patients that have HIV; i have read their files and seen that their sexual behaviour whilst HIV positive has not been curtailed. I have interviewed these people and a common response as to why they continue to have sex knowing full well they are HIV + is as follows 'someone gave it to me, why should i care........' Now Believe that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MBTS

Jan 28, 2009
,there are LOADS of men and women that head to the DR for sun surf and sex and more sex....oh well let me re state that...there are LOADS of men and women that head to the DR for sex sex and more sex. For many of these people they will cast aside their good judgement as many do when on holidays , and engage in a great deal of 'coitus don'tinterupus' (excuse my latin).!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would the percentage of HIV victims decrease if prostitution were outlawed? Kill the market and they won't come. OR, a card the putas carry that indicate the last date tested. Yes, I do know that tests only show a snap shot, however it may catch discourage a guy if the cards shows a positive test. Just an idea.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
If you are having sex with someone you dont know extremely well you should always assume they have HIV and act accordingly

MBTS

Jan 28, 2009
If you are having sex with someone you dont know extremely well you should always assume they have HIV and act accordingly

Sorry, I don't support this as it is written. I would say your spouse of many years. Otherwide use protection, because of the trust factor. Too many unfaithful people in a too trustful world are becoming infected of all kinds of things.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
Would the percentage of HIV victims decrease if prostitution were outlawed? Kill the market and they won't come. OR, a card the putas carry that indicate the last date tested. Yes, I do know that tests only show a snap shot, however it may catch discourage a guy if the cards shows a positive test. Just an idea.

I don't believe so.
You look at the countries where prostitution is outlawed, all what happens is that it is pushed even further into the hands of criminals, usually and not coincidently linked to drugs, and further away from sanitary control, hygiene in general and any physical safety to both, the prostitute and the "client".

Prohibition is nothing but a hypocrite moral veil worn or flag waved by some self righteous "civilizations".

Prostitution has been the first trade in existence, it will be the last too, even if it's the one which will bury us all. :D

It's EDUCATION only, paired obviously with at least hygienic amenities which offer a solution to limit both, contamination and prostitution.

On the other hand, I think it's great that some tigueres have come to believe the fairy tale of them being at risk of infection if they ejaculate inside a potentially infected woman... I can't imagine how many women have actually been saved from infection by one of these suckers because of that believe. :D

... J-D.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
by someone you know extreemly well I did mean partner or whatever of many years not the local shop keeper lol

billyidol

Banned
Feb 9, 2004
by someone you know extreemly well I did mean partner or whatever of many years not the local shop keeper lol

that is not a failsafe method either. i have worked with countless partners whi contracted it from a loved one...commonly of many years standing! Again many of these trusting souls are now in the ground

billyidol

Banned
Feb 9, 2004

I believe this;
mandatory government testing of all sex workers
supply a card or some sort of confirmation of disease status..costly???????
A public campaign to educate the customer base ie check her status...before any 'business takes place'.....this idea is fraught with problems and unlikely to be accepted..........my 2 cents

Further, a blood test conducted TODAY only guarantees that 'as of 14 days ago you are either positive or negative'. I believe some tests are accurate to the point that it can determine your HIV status up until 2 weeks before your test date. yes that means if you had sex within 14 or so days BEFORE your test...the HIV loading multiplying in your blood may not be noticed or have developed to a sufficient level to be detected by the test. Remembering that the Virus takes time to become prevalent in your bloodstream.

A man simply placing his unprotected penis inside a woman who is HIV + does have a significantly reduced chance of contracting HIV FROM the woman given that, the HIV must enter through the males urethra and travel ALL the way through this 'tube' to the blood stream. If the male has a cut on his penis or within his urethra and the vaginal fluid infected with HIV from the woman reaches this cut AND IF THE LOADING DEPOSIT IS SUFFICIENT then the man is seriously at risk of contracting HIV.
Whereas a female simply has to receive a sperm deposit from a HIV+ man inside her vagina; The female vagina and interior related areas are incredibly vascular and thusly richly supplied with blood...the HIV deposited by the man is readily accepted into the females blood stream
The HIV homosexual male that deposits the HIV into his homosexual partners anus will more than likely transfer the disease to his partner. Why; because he is essentially depositing this HIV virus into a highly vascularised area of the body, the HIV is readily accepted into to the blood stream via the anus

MBTS

Jan 28, 2009

Everyone writes about HIV. It isn't the only sex related illness you can get from crazy sex. Any way your want to address it, sex with anyone these days, or maybe always, is a gamble. God forbid, you could even get some girl pregnant!

Thandie

Bronze
Nov 27, 2007
"A singer with Germany?s most successful girl band has been arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm by infecting a partner with HIV.

Nadja Benaissa, who sold more than 5 million records and performed concerts around the world with No Angels, is alleged to have had unprotected sex with three people without telling them that she was HIV positive.

At least one man has since found he has the virus."

Singer with most popular German band faces jail for 'infecting man with HIV' - Times Online