STDs and the DR

Have you or someone you know contracted an STD in the DR?

• Yes

Votes: 37 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 111 75.0%

• Total voters

billyidol

Banned
Feb 9, 2004
"A singer with Germany?s most successful girl band has been arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm by infecting a partner with HIV.

Nadja Benaissa, who sold more than 5 million records and performed concerts around the world with No Angels, is alleged to have had unprotected sex with three people without telling them that she was HIV positive.

At least one man has since found he has the virus."

Singer with most popular German band faces jail for 'infecting man with HIV' - Times Online

i tell you, in my experience after interviewing HIV + individuals that have been / thought to have been /clearly admitted to have recently been sexually active whilst HIV+ i am amazed at how regularly they will say; 'yes, i still have sex', 'no i dont use protection', 'no i don't tell my partners', 'why should i, someone gave it too me...ill give it to someone else...and F#$KING WHAT????' Just to be politically correct; not all HIV sufferers have responded to me in this uncaring manner.
I dont know anything about this German singer; but i'd love to ask her WHY she allegedly slep with people whilst HIV+..........i bet i could guess the answer!

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
i tell you, in my experience after interviewing HIV + individuals that have been / thought to have been /clearly admitted to have recently been sexually active whilst HIV+ i am amazed at how regularly they will say; 'yes, i still have sex', 'no i dont use protection', 'no i don't tell my partners', 'why should i, someone gave it too me...ill give it to someone else...and F#$KING WHAT????' Just to be politically correct; not all HIV sufferers have responded to me in this uncaring manner.
I dont know anything about this German singer; but i'd love to ask her WHY she allegedly slep with people whilst HIV+..........i bet i could guess the answer!

It's simple and sadly unreasonably logical. She got it from somebody, and now she beds the same kind of guys, who love to have unprotected sex with her not only caring about them being at risk but also, since they don't know she IS the risk, not caring to put HER at risk, showing the same indifference for her as the one who infected her.

So, she thinks, what should I care, if they wouldn't care either.

It is WRONG, for sure, just as I tried to point out throughout my post on this thread, that it is WRONG to only think that us boys don't risk much... who knows, instead of being infected, we are already and infecting others.

... J-D.

Thandie

Bronze
Nov 27, 2007
It is WRONG, for sure, just as I tried to point out throughout my post on this thread, that it is WRONG to only think that us boys don't risk much... who knows, instead of being infected, we are already and infecting others.
... J-D.

EXACTLY JD! The indifference on these threads about the risk to infecting others with HIV or other sexually transmitted diseases is really scary.
This is why I added this article to this thread. For all those who say you cant catch it from a woman...talk to the guy she infected, he is living proof. And look at her, young, famous, beautiful and successful. When I saw a picture of her I thought she looks like a lot of Dominican women I have seen.

So many posters who say hey I am a man and therefore at low risk, I am not worried about getting anything.
But what about giving something to her? Oh I guess that is not their concern! Just like she showed a level of INDIFFERENCE to her ex lovers health, by playing a life and death game of Russian roulette. Not really different in my opinion.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
there are two people having sex I presume - so they should both be taking responsiblility for having safe sex

anwwilliams

Sep 29, 2007
I've seen very brief studies done in other countries (I cannot name becaue I can't remember) where the research was conducted with over 500 circumcised men versus like 50 uncircumcised men who were married to wives with aids and continued having unprotected sex with their wives at least twice a week over a 5 year period. Men who were circumcised, only like 2 got it, uncircumcised like 20%. I looked at the interviews. But, who am I? Don't quote me on the figures, b/c there will be times when I will be more accurate according to someone else's research, but now I have to estimate off what I remember. The point is, Aids exists. Nobody wants it, but some research is conflicting with what we are being taught in terms of how easy it is to get aids.