Trouble on the beach in Sosua?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
apparently bunch of drunk kids tried to steal one of the beach boats............cops came and tried to take someone away.......crowd trying to prevent this...............looks like cop just wanted to shoot floor, but hit the kid. As others have said, its kinda normal procedure.

here's the article with more details:
http://www.puertoplatadigital.com/verNoticia.aspx?Id=24471

in short, a group of young people were on a beach with a radio at top volume. CESTUR received complaints about it. apart from the intent to steal the boat that got few men from the group arrested they also tried to disarm the CESTUR officer. in order to calm the raging aggressive crowd he pulled the trigger.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
I think all things considered the Cop did the RIGHT thing .
Being shot is sometimes the only thing these Tigueres understand .
Imagine if the cop was disarmed and Tourists were hit with stray bullets fired by these Drunk dog turds ..
Trying to Disarm a cop = you get SHOT..

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
They shoot him then walk away.

I am sure families with little kids on the beach feel safer.

irishpaddy

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
I'm betting the kid said something to the cop like insulting his mother or calling him some sort of profanity and the cop reacted.

I've seen folks here go berserk for some of the stupidest things.

MY DOLLAR IS ON NOT SEEING THE KID ON THE BEACH BEING AN ASSHOLE AGAIN

chrisgy

Jan 15, 2013
So in the article dv8 linked it says the police officer was arrested/detained. Anyone knows if cops are held in a separate holding area at the station?

joe

Brain Donor!
Jan 12, 2016
So in the article dv8 linked it says the police officer was arrested/detained. Anyone knows if cops are held in a separate holding area at the station?

HA..HA. The shooter and the other cops are sitting around sucking back donuts and beer, laughing there asses off.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
MY DOLLAR IS ON NOT SEEING THE KID ON THE BEACH BEING AN ASSHOLE AGAIN

Maybe not him but there are bus after bus of Santiago miscreants which come to fill in for him and be too drunk, too loud and looking for trouble. Maybe limit the number of buses that can come and don't let them bring their BYOB cheap bottles of rum onto the beach. And make them pick up their waste food & trash.. they act like it was the dirty street in front of their house

irishpaddy

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
Maybe not him but there are bus after bus of Santiago miscreants which come to fill in for him and be too drunk, too loud and looking for trouble. Maybe limit the number of buses that can come and don't let them bring their BYOB cheap bottles of rum onto the beach. And make them pick up their waste food & trash.. they act like it was the dirty street in front of their house

WOW chico bill ...your looking for miracles all around.....no such thing as a " carry in ..carry out " policy in d.r. unfortunately

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
Who are the 2 guys, or what are they doing, next to the guy who got shot? They are hanging on each other and one looks like he is crying or something....before the shooting. They look wasted. After the shot they don't even move or run LOL. At first I thought it was a man and a women.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Who are the 2 guys, or what are they doing, next to the guy who got shot? They are hanging on each other and one looks like he is crying or something....before the shooting. They look wasted. After the shot they don't even move or run LOL. At first I thought it was a man and a women.

Maybe something happened before the filming started?

After the foot shooting, the cop got pushed a couple times then pointed his weapon again. He might have even shot down again, but hard to tell. And there's a cop behind him with his gun drawn.

what i love about Dominicans is that whenever they hear gunfire, they all run towards it. i was on Costambar beach one Sunday afternoon, and some mope fired off a bunch of rounds in El Carey. suddenly, Dominicans were running from all corners, at bird speed, towards the gunfire, while the gringos were running like heck to get as far away as possible.
They also run en masse into the water when a lightning storm comes.
I can't count the number of times I've been at a beach, be it Playa Luperón, Sosúa, Cabarete or Costámbar and just as soon as a lightning storm comes people will flock into the water and then huddle together in huge groups. Lightning will be flashing across the sky and they'll​ be totally unfazed by it.
Insane.

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
Maybe something happened before the filming started?

After the foot shooting, the cop got pushed a couple times then pointed his weapon again. He might have even shot down again, but hard to tell. And there's a cop behind him with his gun drawn.
Yeah all video has a starting point for sure. lol. Just looked like some really drunk people.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
They also run en masse into the water when a lightning storm comes.
I can't count the number of times I've been at a beach, be it Playa Luperón, Sosúa, Cabarete or Costámbar and just as soon as a lightning storm comes people will flock into the water and then huddle together in huge groups. Lightning will be flashing across the sky and they'll​ be totally unfazed by it.
Insane.
}

i have seen that one, myself. someone must have told them that lightning cannot strike you if you are in the water...

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
here's the article with more details:
http://www.puertoplatadigital.com/verNoticia.aspx?Id=24471

in short, a group of young people were on a beach with a radio at top volume. CESTUR received complaints about it. apart from the intent to steal the boat that got few men from the group arrested they also tried to disarm the CESTUR officer. in order to calm the raging aggressive crowd he pulled the trigger.

I'm all for controlling aggressive, antisocial morons, but getting shot for what started off as a loud radio seems excessive in any country. There must have been a better way to control the situation.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
WOW chico bill ...your looking for miracles all around.....no such thing as a " carry in ..carry out " policy in d.r. unfortunately

Well that should be the policy. As Ron White says "That's my policy - I didn't used to have a policy, now I've got that one"

southern

I love Hillary!
Dec 13, 2016
I have studied the video at length so I will be able to recognize the officer. Next time I see him I am going to buy him a grande el presidentes and unlimited shot s of mammajuana

Daniel Arsenault

Oct 9, 2014
It's like many other social behaviors you see in DR, and there is no recognition of rules or authority.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk