Trouble on the beach in Sosua?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
do you mind cooling it off with personal attacks and keyboard rage? you're getting past polite discussion, guys.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
do you mind cooling it off with personal attacks and keyboard rage? you're getting past polite discussion, guys.

Yeah, before somebody gets really out of control.

how3.nocrop.w529.h383.gif

southern

I love Hillary!
Dec 13, 2016
The moral of the story seems to be; if the police tell you to back off it is advisable. Only a fool will yell and scream at a policeman as a crowd closes in. Testosterone and alcohol have got many a good man shot,locked up or fired. I fully support the police on the north coast. By and large they do a good job. Like many police agencies they do need better pay, training and equipment.

southern

I love Hillary!
Dec 13, 2016
What video did you watch? The women were holding all of the men back. The only person who grew excessively angry was the officer. Living here you see people screaming at each other all the time but rarely does it becomes violent(unless its over a woman or money). So again what video did you watch?

I do in fact live here. I have never seen a crowd of people surrounding the police in an attempt to intimidate and harass them while they are in uniform working. Guess you didn't see the guy with the club or stick walking up on the officer. What would you suggest the officer do, throw up his hands and run. Kudos to the lawman !!!!

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
I see the club. Red and black stripe shirt, but only at the beginning.

When the skinny kid got shot, he had an arm out and was trying to help hold the other guy that they were trying to arrest. He might have got shot out of frustration.

And at 1:43, they are still trying to arrest the perp with a crowd still holding on to him. Personally, I think it was way overdue for some billy club action. just start swinging, back off or take a lump. But that's just me.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I see the club. Red and black stripe shirt, but only at the beginning.

When the skinny kid got shot, he had an arm out and was trying to help hold the other guy that they were trying to arrest. He might have got shot out of frustration.

And at 1:43, they are still trying to arrest the perp with a crowd still holding on to him. Personally, I think it was way overdue for some billy club action. just start swinging, back off or take a lump. But that's just me.

Exactly. Time to have started knocking some heads.

joe

Brain Donor!
Jan 12, 2016
The way I see it, there were two cops, one being a skinny pimple faced kid that looked like a deer in the headlights, amongst a throng of very unruly out of control, probably intoxicated beach goers. Two cops with batons would have had there asses handed to them.

irishpaddy

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
No , you told the OTHER guy to scram....
so now there are 2 of us ..

so in addition to poor eyesight, your memory is also fading.

lol

have a nice day ...
jd....I think someone might have spent too long in the sun ....I thought I was special for a moment and then I saw you got sent to the corner as well.....brings me back to my school days

Jul 28, 2014
Part of the missing equation, with all the hypotheses, is what exactly might have been said. I couldn't make out a lot of the banter happening, but something threatening may have very well been said to the cop?

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
The exact details of what did or did not happen may never be known. The video and a few generalized assumptions should suffice for most. Here in the DR, the police are unpredictable in their conduct. Here in the DR crowds are pretty predictable - there is a good likelihood that there will be a "disturbance in the force" eventually. Bringing alcohol, a party atmosphere, a crowd and the police together at the same time is a recipe for trouble.

When out in public, especially on holidays or at events and venues that draw groups of people together, you need to pay attention to what is going at all times. You need to be ready to duck, run or just decide to leave. It's not often possible to know the future, but generally speaking we all can determine for ourselves that where we are may not be a good spot to remain.

You especially need to keep an eye on the cops. Where they are, is generally a potential flash point for circumstances to spiral out of control. Bullets, travel at 1200+ feet per second. You don't need to be in the middle of the mix to have a really bad day from one second to the next.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
You especially need to keep an eye on the cops. Where they are, is generally a potential flash point for circumstances to spiral out of control. Bullets, travel at 1200+ feet per second. You don't need to be in the middle of the mix to have a really bad day from one second to the next.

May the force be with you.... always.