Trouble on the beach in Sosua?

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
They also run en masse into the water when a lightning storm comes.
I can't count the number of times I've been at a beach, be it Playa Luperón, Sosúa, Cabarete or Costámbar and just as soon as a lightning storm comes people will flock into the water and then huddle together in huge groups. Lightning will be flashing across the sky and they'll​ be totally unfazed by it.
Insane.

Noooo.. I ain't believing that one. Dominicans can't be THAT stupid.

PCMike

Aug 30, 2008
you say that now................wait til it happens, you might just be lucky and bleed out on the side of the road.
I will take my chances Dave. All I know is that wherever I arrive, I will have no ID...no money and perhaps only half the clothes I was wearing. I have seen this all too often...all...to often.

Billp

Feb 2, 2013
I'm all for controlling aggressive, antisocial morons, but getting shot for what started off as a loud radio seems excessive in any country. There must have been a better way to control the situation.

Exactly what part of "they tried to disarm the CESTUR officer", did you miss ?? Try disarming an officer in any country, what do you think will happen ?????

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Exactly what part of "they tried to disarm the CESTUR officer", did you miss ?? Try disarming an officer in any country, what do you think will happen ?????

No need to be so rude. I am entitled to my opinion as you are. What part of my comment did you miss? I am saying there must have been a better way to control the situation than starting to wave a gun around in the first place.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
No need to be so rude. I am entitled to my opinion as you are. What part of my comment did you miss? I am saying there must have been a better way to control the situation than starting to wave a gun around in the first place.

Seems the whole world has gotten less civil, but in the computer age it's too easy to sling it without getting punched, so just right it off.
As John Prine sang:
"But people who don't fit
Get the only fun they get
From people puttin' people down."

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009

The cop was not " waving his gun around"..
One needs to use Facts to make ones point... BillP makes a valid one ... yours unfortunately is based on emotion and not facts ... the video clearly shows what it shows, and the eyewitnesses unless they are lying are supporting that version of the story.
no need to get offended , when someone asks you a question in a way you find rude..
i was curious also how you missed that part ...
or is a cop being disarmed on a beach with tourists and bathers not that important to you ?

alexw

Gold
Sep 6, 2008
NYC-SDQ BABY!
How were they trying to disarm the officer when literally no one was reaching for his gun. He actually holstered his weapon, looked around yelling, then fired the said weapon. Where are the hands near his firearm? But i guess since it was reported that way its true. Its not like the media here has never reported something for the sake of the officers. But i get it, dont trust our lying eyes.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
maybe it happened before that video started, not sure to be honest , but several eyewitnesses claim they saw it, THEIR EYES ( maybe their angle was better than the Video you watched ? ) .. there are supposedly a couple of OTHER videos out there as well, but have not seen those yet . Of course it could be the DRUNK guy was just messing with the cop, and pretending to be reaching for his gun, that is certainly possible . Would you like the names of the eyewitnesses ? would that satisfy you..

ohmmmm

Bronze
Jun 11, 2010
supposed eyewitness hearsay is what that is... not reliable until investigated. I personally would never ever consider intimidating, screaming at or approaching a police officer like the way it appeared on the beach. Its a crowd mentality that got out of hand and if the police officer who was surrounded by hostile people feared for his safety and life I would not blame him.

irishpaddy

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
How were they trying to disarm the officer when literally no one was reaching for his gun. He actually holstered his weapon, looked around yelling, then fired the said weapon. Where are the hands near his firearm? But i guess since it was reported that way its true. Its not like the media here has never reported something for the sake of the officers. But i get it, dont trust our lying eyes.

SO YOUR SAYING ...he holstered his weapon ,looked around yelling ,then fired the said weapon .....and was able to hit the guy while the weapon was still holstered .....thankfully your eyes don't lie

alexw

Gold
Sep 6, 2008
NYC-SDQ BABY!
maybe it happened before that video started, not sure to be honest , but several eyewitnesses claim they saw it, THEIR EYES ( maybe their angle was better than the Video you watched ? ) .. there are supposedly a couple of OTHER videos out there as well, but have not seen those yet . Of course it could be the DRUNK guy was just messing with the cop, and pretending to be reaching for his gun, that is certainly possible . Would you like the names of the eyewitnesses ? would that satisfy you..

Maybe it didnt happen. I need more than hearsay and grand speculation from the notorious "I hate Dominicans although i moved to their country DR1 crowd." The facts from the video states the officer was in no danger. There was no one reaching for his gun, he pulled his gun out in anger, scanned the crowd, then fired. Its gross misconduct.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Of course you are entitled to your opinion, based on what you have seen so far in one video ...
no argument on that . but what you think you see, may not be factual.
just as eyewitness accounts , people who were there in person, could also be mistaken...

when you say "scanned the crowd"? can you elaborate on that . do you think he was looking to just shoot a random person?

as to misconduct, I think they get to determine that . Not us guests ..

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
The cop was not " waving his gun around"..
One needs to use Facts to make ones point... BillP makes a valid one ... yours unfortunately is based on emotion and not facts ... the video clearly shows what it shows, and the eyewitnesses unless they are lying are supporting that version of the story.
no need to get offended , when someone asks you a question in a way you find rude..
i was curious also how you missed that part ...
or is a cop being disarmed on a beach with tourists and bathers not that important to you ?

OK, I'm wrong - you're right. Your "facts" are better than my "emotions". It's very polite to sarcastically ask what part of a statement I'm not commenting on did I miss and I should accept the polite enquiry.

The cop was not disarmed as far as I can see from the video, but perhaps it would have been better if he had not been armed in the first place. He would then have had to find a better way of handling the situation as would have happened in my country where police are not routinely armed.

irishpaddy

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
Maybe it didnt happen. I need more than hearsay and grand speculation from the notorious "I hate Dominicans although i moved to their country DR1 crowd." The facts from the video states the officer was in no danger. There was no one reaching for his gun, he pulled his gun out in anger, scanned the crowd, then fired. Its gross misconduct.

ok you have me confused now....was the gun holstered as you said in a previous post or unholstered as you say in this post ...what are the facts of the video ?.....may I borrow your glasses so I can watch the video again ?

alexw

Gold
Sep 6, 2008
NYC-SDQ BABY!
ok you have me confused now....was the gun holstered as you said in a previous post or unholstered as you say in this post ...what are the facts of the video ?.....may I borrow your glasses so I can watch the video again ?

Congrats you found a typo from my iphone's autocorrect feature. Wooo hooo you should feel so honored that your message board error detective abilities are so refined. Congrats to you! {balloons} Now scram. Beat it. Be gone! I'm not interested in chatting with your kind.

southern

I love Hillary!
Dec 13, 2016

He had an angry crowd (one with a club) closing in on him. He did what he felt like he had to do to save his own skin. He does not have to wait until he is assaulted and/or beaten to a pulp. Just like in the U.S , you tangle with an armed policeman and you are a fool.

alexw

Gold
Sep 6, 2008
NYC-SDQ BABY!
He had an angry crowd (one with a club) closing in on him. He did what he felt like he had to do to save his own skin. He does not have to wait until he is assaulted and/or beaten to a pulp. Just like in the U.S , you tangle with an armed policeman and you are a fool.

What video did you watch? The women were holding all of the men back. The only person who grew excessively angry was the officer. Living here you see people screaming at each other all the time but rarely does it becomes violent(unless its over a woman or money). So again what video did you watch?

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Congrats you found a typo from my iphone's autocorrect feature. Wooo hooo you should feel so honored that your message board error detective abilities are so refined. Congrats to you! {balloons} Now scram. Beat it. Be gone! I'm not interested in chatting with your kind.

being a little negative, no ?
you have 10 mins to edit your posts , btw, just for future reference.

just curious , do you re read what you post at all ? cuz quite frankly most of them make me scratch my head . and they are not the typos.

So you really believe the Tourists would be better off if the Sosua Police were UN ARMED, ?

you did say that , yes ?

alexw

Gold
Sep 6, 2008
NYC-SDQ BABY!
being a little negative, no ?
you have 10 mins to edit your posts , btw, just for future reference.

just curious , do you re read what you post at all ? cuz quite frankly most of them make me scratch my head . and they are not the typos.

So you really believe the Tourists would be better off if the Sosua Police were UN ARMED, ?

you did say that , yes ?

I know i told you to scram!!! Move along little buddy. Shoo. Get a life and move along.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
I know i told you to scram!!! Move along little buddy. Shoo. Get a life and move along.

No , you told the OTHER guy to scram....
so now there are 2 of us ..

so in addition to poor eyesight, your memory is also fading.

lol

have a nice day ...