What is required to nullify marriage in DR?

ber

Oct 16, 2013
She told me she had multiple attempts to commit suicide as teenager as a result of systematic rape by neighbors. Yes. she had nothing in DR. But at age 20, she started to meet foreigners and was able to go to beauty salons at least once week. In NYC she demanded same from me: expensive beauty salon ($150-$200) once week. I could not allow this. I needed to think to provide food for children as the first priority.

ber

Oct 16, 2013
Fraud such as marriage for immigration purposes is a ground for annulment in U.S. in many states, including Florida. I hope in DR they have similar vision, and can be done faster because we married there.

ber

Oct 16, 2013
Affidavit of support (I-864) is sponsor's obligation only for mean-tested benefits (such as welfare, non-emergency medicaid, etc) . Sponsor is not responsible for government benefits other than mean-tested. Shelter or emergency medicaid are not mean-test benefits.

ber

Oct 16, 2013
I was born in Russia. I am naturalized American for 30 years. I am sorry for my writing style. I am thinking about my children now.

jackichan

Bronze
Jun 23, 2011
You are in a pretty tough spot bro. I'd hate to be in your shoes :(

I don't know - i'm going to send a prayer above for you. God bless

jkc

Jun 24, 2013
To get children back is my first priority. I want to do other steps concurrently. In Dominican Republic she behaved differently. However, there were red flags. I met her on Dominican Cupid website. We started to live together in Santo Domingo. From beginning she could not dream of marriage and green card. She wanted to stay with me some time, get gifts, and leave. It is what she did before with other foreigner, as I learned recently from her. But in two months she became pregnant. I was so happy. This was my first child. I was 57. She was 23. So, she concluded she could expect more than gifts. She got America.

ok then! Do waht you think is best for you! But, it will not be easy for you as well with 3 kids

jkc

Jun 24, 2013
If this is not a sock then the young lady needs help. Having 3 kids to get a green card does not make sense. Mental health issues sometimes occur after having children. If the mother was a US citizen would the OP be in such a rush to divorce? Sounds like the easy way out is getting her deported. Did the OP ever think she might be getting the help she needs at the shelter? More to the story i am sure.

You make sense too! I think the dude should also concentrate on helping her out as much he could. But, divorcing her will ultimately getting her deported. She has 3 children with you. Do what you think is best for you, but think about the consequences.

jkc

Jun 24, 2013
I would let her live in the states with her GC, if she was not willing to take children to DR. She kept saying that she would not keep the children in America, that she would always keep them staying with her parents back in Dominican Republic. Se herself plans to prostitute in Bronx. Her parents are very very poor. I sent them 15k in 5 years. I am not rich. I gave them what I needed. But I was thinking they needed more. They wasted them. The living conditions there are miserable. The parents live in a barn constructed from junk wood. They eat mostly nothing but rice and beans and are happy to have any meal 5 times week. Children drink water from puddles. All sorts of crime, including domestic and street violence, including physical and sexual abuse of minor children are considered to be a norm of everyday life. She admitted to me and psychiatrist that she herself was systematically raped by neighbors starting from age 7. If she does not have GC, she will not go to DR because if she goes she cannot come back. If she takes children to DR (three girls 1, 2. 4 yo), they will be subject of sexual abuse.

Then, you have it there, man! So, i think you should help her as much as you can, mentally so she can help and at least be able to function. It sounds more a psychiatric problem than anything else

jkc

Jun 24, 2013
Fraud such as marriage for immigration purposes is a ground for annulment in U.S. in many states, including Florida. I hope in DR they have similar vision, and can be done faster because we married there.

How you are going to prove it was FRAUD if she is not competent? You loved her, right?
I don't know man! But, tough situation you are in!
Good luck bro

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
We need to talk...DO NOT!! allow her to grow a brainstem!! and to hit Social Services!! they will come right at you for child support..If She gets that, your life will be over and here is why, LIE!!! I went through this bro, reason why I am here no in the DR..Was my first DOM Woman, met in the States, also have 3 kids with her...When I became SSID, had to wait about 6 Months for approval..I gave her money from my Unemployment checks, 250.00 a week! When we got to court, She lied, never gave her anything for 3 Years!! So, she also added 2 more Years..Well, I didn't have any receipts, paid cash,,,The Judge will not care! I was held to the tune of over 70,000 in arrears and I'm still paying making payments each Month today.,.Again, do not allow her to get there whatever you do...She may not know about that, and if you are supporting her or the kids now, write a check! OR HAVE HER SIGN some kind of a payment sheet for the record..

All that said, did you get my PM...Its on now.,.,

Ant

Salsafan

Bronze
Aug 17, 2011
One can read the same stories in the forums for every caribean country, Africa usw. Sorry for you OP.

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
And I thought it was going to be a slow news day.....intresting to see this unfold

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
OP you really expect someone to believe this??? 57 yr old man with a 23 yr old woman with 3 kids.

If you said you were 82 and she was 19 with 4 kids it would have been more believable at least to me, but 57 and 23 I am not buying it.

I would even go along with you being 67 and to marrying a 25 yr old Dominican man and adopting 2 kids, but 57 and 23 NOT A CHANCE!!!

ber

Oct 16, 2013
At the time we met she was 23, I was 57. I am 63 now. She is 29. The first child was born in Jan. 2009. the second in Aug. 2011. The third was born in Sept. 2012. I don't understand why it sounds strange. My father was 54 when I was born.

May 12, 2005
Good lord. You've been sankified big time if true. Get a yourself a good lawyer and document everything. Hope that someone doesn't put the idea in her head to claim you were abusive to her.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
That's going to be hard to prove. Just because she said she married you for the green card
is going to be hard for a judge to believe and grant you an annulment because there are
children born in the marriage and being married for a total of 6 years.

It would have been easier if there were no children and the both of you were living apart for a long
period of time in which case you would need to show proof.

Are there any marital assets? If so, you may want to rethink and seek a divorce instead
because with an annulment you will forfeit everything acquired. It's as if the marriage
never occurred.

An annulment may extinguish a person’s rights to property acquired during the marriage. The logic is that if the marriage is declared void, it’s as though the marriage never existed and therefore there are no marital assets to distribute.

Last edited: