What's wrong with Dominican men?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Montessorian said:
I cannot live my life in fear of my Dominican husband cheating on me.
So I have certain guidelines that I follow:

He goes to work and then right home.
He has less earning potential than I so frankly he sees me as the "golden key" to a good future, as bad as that may seem. (Hubby has little education).
I keep him in a cheezy car.
We never go anywhere signifigant with out both of us going. If he wants to go to DR, I go with him, and I do not let him out of my sight. If I want to go to DR than I go for two or there days and leave him with the seven kids. (It keeps him too busy for other things).
Maintain a good relationship with his boss.
I get the cell phone bill with the full disclousre "all the calls listed".
I control the bank account.
I own the house.
and I have the education.

I don't doubt my husband has THOUGHT about cheating or having an affair. So far I am confident he has not, and I figure if I keep him busy, he wont have any time or energy left to go on the sly.

However, there is this 5% of me who will swear that I am the a "goddess" to him and he would never cheat, but who am I kidding.

My advice with Dominican Men or ANY man; Be Proactive!

From what I sense, my husband is more concerned that I would cheat on him, I have nothing to loose (except emotionally) and he would loose his dinner plate.

And where do you keep his Testicles?
You don't have a husband. You have a lap dog. One day, he will grow a pair and leave you! Funny part is, I bet he has a few honies on the side despite your apparent control!

Tony C

nidioswife

Mar 3, 2002
Wow, I think you all said some really interesting things!!!

I have been with my husband for a straight 6 years, and on and off for 5 years before that.. so we've known eachother and been with eachother for about 11 years..

My husband is a "normal" Dominican guy, who made the same promises that American men make (but are more likely to keep).. Ya know.. Together forever.. Never cheat, etc.. We made promises to eachother that if we were ever attracted to somoene different we would just walk away.. etc..

My husband made the big ole dirty mistake.. (I'm admitting this here cause anyone I've ever chatted with who have been with their Dominican husbands for so long.. have been through this).. My husband met another woman.. and well.. when I left him, I had a carload of "family" (people he called family cause they were from his hometown), come to me... They were older women like his mother's age.. "Oh, you need to be so honored and happy that he came back home to you.. Claim your man... DOn't let her have him.. You need to fight for him, and be happy that he wants you.." Ofcourse the Naive American I was, said I didn't want to fight for him, and he shouldn't have done what he did if he loved me.. They didn't agree..

After reading all these posts.. and beign back with my husband for many years after this.. I've got to tell you.. That is the way they think.. There is soo much infedelity.. This is in their culture.. My husband also watched his father do it to his mother.. He watched the love of his life (his mother) hurt and upset.. That's why I believed him too.. My FIL has 11 kids by 4 different wives. He isn't with my MIL.. He left her for a teenager (19) about 10 years ago.. (She's younger than my husband).. My husband has told me how he would get hurt everytime his father did something stupid.. Well he did the stupid act..

I'm hoping it was a 1 time thing.. If I could take away this one stupid move, I'd have the best husband in the world. But I can't.. But I won't dwell on it..

I wouldn't want my daughter to ever marry a Dominican though.. Sorry.. I know that sounds bad.. but infidelity hurts!!!!!

I also will say that Dominican Women are sometimes worse than the men! But sometimes I feel like saying, do you blame them!?

Jen

Mar 21, 2002
Convertidos have a higher ratio of successful marriages than the general populace both men and women. Of course you'll find rotten apples in the religions but Dr folk who adhere to it are in the majority. All DR men who are not religious cheat. In the DR cheating is normal and doesn't cause the mental durress it does to american women.

In america since the basic needs are met people have time to contemplate the essence of TRUE LOVE.thus they are able to give of themselves totally and are susceptible to the turmoil associated with infidelity.

nidioswife

Mar 3, 2002
I have to agree...

I can remember (And this should have been a sign) Just before I brought DH over to the states, we were hanging out with his family at a local joint.. His cousin said.. "Oh, I love President Clinton" I know she was just bringing up conversation.. I said.. "He's not a good man.. He cheated on his wife, and hurt his family in front of the whole world!!!" I went on and on about it.. and they all started to laugh and make fun that I would be so mad at a guy for such a silly thing..

That should have put on a red light for me.. but nah.. you never learn when your blinded by the power of love.

DR_SUNSET

May 9, 2002
O & C

do convertidos marry outside their religion?
Any idea on the percentage of convertidos in DR?

nidioswife

Mar 3, 2002
There are the exceptions

They are not suppose to marry outside of their religion, but there are a few that do..

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
DR_SUNSET said:
O & C

do convertidos marry outside their religion?
Any idea on the percentage of convertidos in DR?

If I was a Dominican woman I would rather put up with the infidelity than a "Born again something or other". Man what a sick bunch of puppies they are.

My 2 cents.

nidioswife

Mar 3, 2002
Your .02 cents are worth a darn thing!!!!

How dare you classify all of "us" sick puppies.. Not all of us may be the way you think of as born agains!!!!!!!

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
I dare fine, thank you very much. I get the "born agains" bothering me at my home at unreasonable hours all the time. I ask them not to come back and they insist on coming back again and again and again. Just plain annoying.

Just like you, none of em can take a hint.

Regards

Montessorian

Apr 1, 2002
www.patriaquerida.homestead.com
My lap dog!

I take NO insult at all to calling my husband a lap dog. Very honestly, that is similar to what he is.

My husband was a horse trainer in the Dominican Republic for many years. He even represented the DR in the Classico del Caribe Horse race, and flew to other countries representing the same.

He has a sixth grade education and all he knows is horses. He had come to Miami on three occasions with the horses and always returned to his "mujer" and the two kids. Well before his fourth trip his "mujer" told him how stupid he was and why did he not stay in the US. Therefore, he did.

When I met him, my husband and I were separated. I had received a racehorse for my birthday and was looking for someone to care for the thing. I hired my husband. I spoke no Spanish and he spoke no English.

After two months of being in the US his mother called him and explained you wife has a new guy, you should move on, and he did, with me.

When I met my husband he was living in a barn. He had never driven a car, he had never been to a movie, he had never done most things Americans take for granted. We did all the 'firsts' together.

As our relationship emerged, I quickly learned that because of my lack of Spanish skills, there were many things I did not know, that if I had of, could have changed my choice in mates. However, after ten years now, I accept him. He will never be more than what he is, and that is uneducated, non-english speaking, and non-ambitious.

It is my theory that the difference between many Dominicans and many Americans is that, poorer Dominicans wait for life to come to them, and in America, we are shown to go out and make life happen. I have tried to urge him to be more ambitious but he seem happy just as he is.

How has this balanced out in my life, well I am the bread-winner, my husband works at the track, he is home by 11 a.m. , he takes care of the laundry, cleans the house, makes the dinner, mops, folds, what ever may be done at home. The other part of the deal is that he remains faithful.

He knows that if he went astray that he would loose the biggest dream of all. Returning to the DR to live, with means, and some learned class.

So yes, my husband is a lap dog, and like most dogs, he is dependent and faithful.

I am happy, and fully believe he is happy too. Moreover, if he wasn't he knows where the door is, and my life would go on. I guess you could equate him to a "male housewife".

Anyway, I just wanted to say that having a lap dog is much better than many men I could have chosen. (Womanizer, abuser, alcoholic, drug addict, etc....) Besides after having seven kids with him, if he cheated on me NOW, there would be hell to pay.

P.S. mentioned the DR male thing to husband he says his father was always faithful to his mother and he was not a convertido.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
This is a risky place to post

But i think we only see the tips of the Dominican icebergs here.

There is no one sect with a claim to fidelity, nor is there any one sect that is more or less pre disposed to infidelity.

The different solutions offered here are each one, sui generis, and perhaps not applicable to someone else.

It is fun reading, no matter what. The lap dog scenario as presented by one poster is funny to read, but it is a frank, open explanation of how that person made her life. Hey! If she is happy, and hopefully, pant, pant, he is happy...so be it...

HB Joyfully....
needs_a_shave.gif

x_man

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Montessorian....

You are a great story teller 7 kids!? is hat american? I'll be damned if a
single word you write is true. Admit you just redicule the machismo.

But if this is all true, I would stay at least 100 yards away from you.

Do you wear riding boots and a whip around the house?

May you always be vigilant and send your hubby to church. X

Mar 21, 2002
The majority of convertidos are faithful. Sunset, if they marry outside their religion then we must place them in another category. They are suspect of becoming sankies,chopos or people that are seeking an advantage. If you want to find agood mate in the DR you must become a convertido. Of course your change must be sincere or else you are doomed to fall into the annals of DR failures.

If you don't marry a convertido, good luck. Your best bet is to take the Golo-AZB approach. Just have amigas con derechos. That's another category in the DR. You'll have friends that shag. The convertida DR women doesn't dance,drink or put on make-up. She doesn't wear jeans. Kinda drab but you'll have someone who will truly love you. You will have a good submissive housewife. Otherwise you'll have a two0timing hypocrite who will make fun of you behind your back. She'll cheat on you with the Golo-AZB male types. She'll take your money etc .

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Don't listen to anything spewing from O&C's mouth. This guy does not have a clue about anything!
Convertidos are just as likely to Step Outside as much as anyone else if not more so. I can regale you with stories of so-called Christians cheating or committing all kinds of depravity. Just this week a learned that the convertido husband of a friend of my wife was trolling for other men on the Internet. His 9 year old son found him in a car with another guy performing Oral Sex! Needless to say that the Sh*t hit the fan. The vast majority of Convertidos are using religion as a cover or a crutch to protect them from the truth.

Tony C.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Wow! What an informative thread........

and HB and I didn't even have to add our .02 centavos.........

Mar 21, 2002
Tony C isn't dominican.For every convertido disgrace you'll find a million that adhere strictly to their faith. On the other hand all non-convertido dominican is a cheater. Only 1 in a thousand are worth a dime.

Isaac G

Jan 19, 2002
Well with so much rhetoric where do I start?

Well the fur is certainly flying on this one, in all honesty I am
still trying myself to understand the Dominican Pysche!!

I know enough to be aware off anyone that makes broad general
izations about any one group of people.

I suppose the question should be this is a woman from the Campo more loyal than a city woman anybody have any thoughts
on this?

x_man

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Isaack...

Which galaxy have you visited? Havn't heard from you in a long time.
In regard to your eternal mismo question please read Montesorians post
which you may consider the manual for a 'successful,functional' mariage.
X

Status
Not open for further replies.