Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hector L

Jun 11, 2010
I agree. When it starts getting to you, it is time for a trip home wherever that is. After a few days there, I am always ready
to return to the DR.

Peterj

Bronze
Oct 7, 2002
Dominican Republic
I agree. When it starts getting to you, it is time for a trip home wherever that is. After a few days there, I am always ready
to return to the DR.

When I am wondering what I am doing here, I read a Dutch online newspaper; I feel great after that and I am extremely happy to be here!

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
It amazes me that so many of you speak about all that is happening in the Dr and how it is not cheap or safe, you talk about the people and their government like you have a right....I have been watching you all talk out your asses like yoy again have a right a..

As legal residents, there is every right, why would you say differently? Do you have the right, or are you still illegal?

4*4*4

Bronze
May 4, 2015
Tracym, when I first discovered DR1, I was excited to interact with people living here and learn more about this culturally rich and diverse country. The amount of vitriol and accepted ignorance was mindboggling initially. One frequent poster, that you mentioned, once questioned if I had been around long enough to write "Welcome aboard" to a new member. I have owned an investment firm on Wall Street for 25 years and teach a graduate level course on international business. Perhaps, someday he will find me worthy to post alongside of him. My point is, if you have a positive message, do not be discouraged by the vocal masses.

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
You've done a bit of talking yourself here, haven't you?

It amazes me that so many of you speak about all that is happening in the Dr and how it is not cheap or safe, you talk about the people and their government like you have a right....I have been watching you all talk out your asses like yoy again have a right a...if you are so miserable go home lol..people like you need to shake your heads...some are si miserable every thing they say is negative wow go home...I find out hard to believe you negative people haven't been a victim yet, but could c why so many exists become victims....you sick people leave your country running from yourselves get to the dr and keep up your sick behaviours and wonder why all these exists are dieing lol ...misty odd the exists are great I am sure but some of you should be bank I'm your country facing the **** you did. .u all hide behind your computer's and judge so many lol...ur is quite disturbing really...I feel sorry for countries like the Dr and the Philippines they have to deal with all the Other countries rejects....u all ran there for a reason and if you were honest you should know you are no better lol...I look forward to all the bull cheap responses .....oh and cccccccccu ass lol YOU need to get a life and so judging others like you have the right lol....at times I read these comment and believe they belong I the clown bin....please so your crap, ur gets old lol...no offencE to those who are not like this...it just makes me laugh hours you believe you have a say or that it even matters lol. Didnt stay New thread I know I should havE so save your unwanted comments .. u all sound like old bitter people who got shared because you fell for the same assumptions others have when planning a relationship there our a life you failed at.. my mom's always said you take yourself with you wherever you go. ..and for the record if u all are so miserable go home...for cccccc I have our my kids first and have professionals that have suggested this move for us and think you need to talk with one as well...just thinking out loud . :)

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

curlando

Bronze
Jul 23, 2003
I like to read about the good and bad from a gringo's point of view. Especially if you live in DR.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
CCCCCCCCCCCCCC ran out of C's.

He ordered more but they have been detained in customs because they think he's running a business posting them and not paying ITBIS taxes.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
I wonder if English is the OP's first language or whether it is just an example of the standard of English being taught in schools these days.

However, although much of it is unintelligible, I get the gist of the rant and agree that I wonder why some people stay here when they seem to dislike the place so much.

kampinge

Jan 18, 2012
Because its takes time to correct a mistake.Family, kids, business, school and so on. You can't just leave because you don't like the country. Beside of this many things has worsen here.
I wonder if English is the OP's first language or whether it is just an example of the standard of English being taught in schools these days.

However, although much of it is unintelligible, I get the gist of the rant and agree that I wonder why some people stay here when they seem to dislike the place so much.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009

Not everyone has the option to leave.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Tracym, when I first discovered DR1, I was excited to interact with people living here and learn more about this culturally rich and diverse country. The amount of vitriol and accepted ignorance was mindboggling initially. One frequent poster, that you mentioned, once questioned if I had been around long enough to write "Welcome aboard" to a new member. I have owned an investment firm on Wall Street for 25 years and teach a graduate level course on international business. Perhaps, someday he will find me worthy to post alongside of him. My point is, if you have a positive message, do not be discouraged by the vocal masses.

what is so special on owning a investment firm on wall street, if anyways there's the necesity to teach something else as a sidebusiness to come by??
that's not nay higher/more respected level than the usual Colmadon Owner who runs his Barrio as the prime biz in the barrio.

Mike

4*4*4

Bronze
May 4, 2015
what is so special on owning a investment firm on wall street, if anyways there's the necesity to teach something else as a sidebusiness to come by??
that's not nay higher/more respected level than the usual Colmadon Owner who runs his Barrio as the prime biz in the barrio.

Mike

There is nothing special about it at all. My point was that I am qualified to post, "Welcome aboard!".

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun

because firstly,
most of the DISLIKERS are Not here,
they are elsewhere and write about stuff they in reality have no real clue about.
and an other part of the Dislikers is those who have been here and failed, went back home and rant about the place now, as they may feel better when convincing others that the place is so bad, so it was not their own fault that they failed in life, it was the place's fault.
and then there are of course those numbers of folks who are realy here,
and completely failed,
or not failed but "never made it" to come out of the same old low society scale level they came from back home.
why they do stay here instead of going back??
well,
they simply failed hard enough in life, that they can Not go simply back home.
some because they could not even afford the fare for the plane ticket,
most because they would back home face to live of the lowest level of wellfare, IF their homecountry provides such in the first place. no chance to get any decent job back home, no chance to be anybody back home.
so they are forced to stay and they are sure complaining like helll about everything here,
because they have nowhere else to complain about.

Mike

4*4*4

Bronze
May 4, 2015
because firstly,
they are elsewhere and write about stuff they in reality have no real clue about.
and an other part of the Dislikers is those who have been here and failed, went back home and rant about the place now, as they may feel better when convincing others that the place is so bad, so it was not their own fault that they failed in life, it was the place's fault.
and then there are of course those numbers of folks who are realy here,
and completely failed,
or not failed but "never made it" to come out of the same old low society scale level they came from back home.
why they do stay here instead of going back??
well,
they simply failed hard enough in life, that they can Not go simply back home.
some because they could not even afford the fare for the plane ticket,
most because they would back home face to live of the lowest level of wellfare, IF their homecountry provides such in the first place. no chance to get any decent job back home, no chance to be anybody back home.
so they are forced to stay and they are sure complaining like helll about everything here,
because they have nowhere else to complain about.

Mike

That explanation and support you just gave is exactly what I was trying to do. Many times at the conclusion of my inclusive, egalitarian message, someone invariably mentions that I would feel differently if I ran a business or paid taxes. My success or lack of success doesn't influence my feelings of humanity. Tracym is feeling pain and I wanted her to know that the cruel messages are put out there by some that do not know what they are speaking about.

smitty777

Jul 21, 2013
I loved the place in 2008, but all I do is complain now?
Loved it so much I brought a house. Now I can't wait to sell the thing and move on. My friend took a wrong turn here in Santo Domingo last week and got shot at. The only thing he did wrong was being an expat.
Utilities seem to go up every month. Same for food and just about everything else. I honestly think I can live cheaper in Texas now. Sorry it's not complaining, it's reality.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
because firstly,
and an other part of the Dislikers is those who have been here and failed, went back home and rant about the place now

Oi!:eek:gre:

I have always dissed the DR, all the years I lived there and even now after leaving, it's fun, makes me feel better, DR aged me unnaturally. And all I whine about is genuine reality.

To leave is not to have failed (unless a business venture went arse up), but to have realized life can be of better quality elsewhere. Realize your dreams, live life to the full, when you see your scope for happiness restricted by your environment, ONLY A FAILURE WOULD PERSIST AND STAY.

I love reading of great things and happy occasions in DR, but posters don't appear to remind us of just how often these occasions are.:D

4*4*4

Bronze
May 4, 2015
DR aged me unnaturally.

LOL!!! I just said the same thing last night about being a Mets fan. (Related because of their five Dominican players including Uribe driving in Lagares last night.)

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Oi!:eek:gre:

I have always dissed the DR, all the years I lived there and even now after leaving, it's fun, makes me feel better, DR aged me unnaturally. And all I whine about is genuine reality.

To leave is not to have failed (unless a business venture went arse up), but to have realized life can be of better quality elsewhere. Realize your dreams, live life to the full, when you see your scope for happiness restricted by your environment, ONLY A FAILURE WOULD PERSIST AND STAY.

I love reading of great things and happy occasions in DR, but posters don't appear to remind us of just how often these occasions are.:D

there is nothing wrong about coming, experiencing, finding out it is not the own cup of tea, and leaving again/moving to the next grounds.
thats fine.
and the pos and neg experiences of the person of course count to me.

Mike

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
The cost of living is increasing worldwide. There are many places in the Americas, Europe, and Asia where the cost of living is less, more, or comparable with the cost of living in the Dominican Republic. There are high crime areas in urban centers in most countries. I hope everyone finds their happy place.

I loved the place in 2008, but all I do is complain now?
Loved it so much I brought a house. Now I can't wait to sell the thing and move on. My friend took a wrong turn here in Santo Domingo last week and got shot at. The only thing he did wrong was being an expat.
Utilities seem to go up every month. Same for food and just about everything else. I honestly think I can live cheaper in Texas now. Sorry it's not complaining, it's reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.