Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
It amazes me that so many of you speak about all that is happening in the Dr and how it is not cheap or safe, you talk about the people and their government like you have a right....I have been watching you all talk out your asses like yoy again have a right a...if you are so miserable go home lol..people like you need to shake your heads...some are si miserable every thing they say is negative wow go home...I find out hard to believe you negative people haven't been a victim yet, but could c why so many exists become victims....you sick people leave your country running from yourselves get to the dr and keep up your sick behaviours and wonder why all these exists are dieing lol ...misty odd the exists are great I am sure but some of you should be bank I'm your country facing the **** you did. .u all hide behind your computer's and judge so many lol...ur is quite disturbing really...I feel sorry for countries like the Dr and the Philippines they have to deal with all the Other countries rejects....u all ran there for a reason and if you were honest you should know you are no better lol...I look forward to all the bull cheap responses .....oh and cccccccccu ass lol YOU need to get a life and so judging others like you have the right lol....at times I read these comment and believe they belong I the clown bin....please so your crap, ur gets old lol...no offencE to those who are not like this...it just makes me laugh hours you believe you have a say or that it even matters lol. Didnt stay New thread I know I should havE so save your unwanted comments .. u all sound like old bitter people who got shared because you fell for the same assumptions others have when planning a relationship there our a life you failed at.. my mom's always said you take yourself with you wherever you go. ..and for the record if u all are so miserable go home...for cccccc I have our my kids first and have professionals that have suggested this move for us and think you need to talk with one as well...just thinking out loud . :)

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

Yikes!

Imagine being married to you.....

I'm guessing you're female.... (And if you're not, you sure act like you are)

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Yikes!

Imagine being married to you.....

I'm guessing you're female.... (And if you're not, you sure act like you are)

According to her introduction post in July she is a single mom of 2 children. She was looking into moving to the DR.
I don't know if she has done that yet. IF she does she had better find the island "no problema" attitude real quick.

BlondeJustice

May 28, 2014
Try living in the DR on a Canadian pension. If the $ goes down any further I won't even be able to afford the 3 months I treasure being here.

kampinge

Jan 18, 2012
The cost of living is increasing worldwide. There are many places in the Americas, Europe, and Asia where the cost of living is less, more, or comparable with the cost of living in the Dominican Republic. There are high crime areas in urban centers in most countries. I hope everyone finds their happy place.
Its depending what quality you get for your money. I would not even compare National with Publix or any european chain. Very expensive often dubbel price for old vegetable or other imported stuff. Same with Bravo at least in Santiago. You have to check every date of expire on foodstuff often I get the impression they sell what elsewhere not are allowed to sell. And Dominican vegetable or fruit. Ask the people in Jarabacoa where its come from. Nobody use that much of the Bayer stuff than the Dominican for own consumption.(Not for export of course it would never pass. My conclusion: You not only pay dubbel you pay your good money for ****.

Pansy

Banned
Apr 14, 2009
I wish it was possible to tell whether posters lived in the DR, or visited regularly, or left, or never actually been here. It would help to give some weight to their comments. At one time there was a thread where people could post their status. Useful if posters wrote the truth.

4*4*4

Bronze
May 4, 2015
Try living in the DR on a Canadian pension. If the $ goes down any further I won't even be able to afford the 3 months I treasure being here.

We are going through the same thing. We are here for four months per year plus special reasons to visit. Each year, we set aside more and more money while living the same lifestyle. I realize there's inflation, but it increases quickly. My wife believes we simply take more cabs and order more desserts these days. That can't be it.

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
When I resettled in the D.R. (east coast) I thought that I had died and gone to Heaven.
There was nothing that I didn't love about the place.
The weather, the sea, the beach, the people and, yes, even the job.
I even found a way to love the bad stuff.
It took a while for the scale to tip.
But it did.
Lucky for me I could easily decide to "go home". I know that not everyone can.
In spite of the fact that the scale tipped for me, I understood that it was as much about me as it was about the D.R..
Balance.
In all things.
It is a good thing.
:cool:

Last edited:

Eleutheria

Jun 23, 2015
Speaking as someone who lives here, and complains vociferously, and who IS leaving (adios R.D., hola CARTAGENA!!!!!!!!) I feel my complaints are totally valid and I have every right to voice them.

There are good things about living here and bad things as well. Certainly there are worse places to live. But I complain about the corruption, the fleecing, the inanity and idiocy of the people. Anyone who has spent any time here would be hard-pressed to disagree.

They are facts of life here.

Case in point: in Canada I complained about the COLD. That is a fact of life in Canada. Canada is also orderly and people are generally polite. Again, anyone who has spent any time there would likely agree.

Your rant (not judging, I have had a few on dr1 myself) sounds more like you wanting to think that the negative posters are out to lunch, and that this place is paradise.

Come and live here for a while, and judge for yourself.

Some people really love it, it works for them. As a single mom, I am not sure you fit the optimal demographic but there is at least one other single mom on the board who lives here (part-time) and I'm sure there are others in your situation.

I hope it works out for you!

But don't be so quick to dismiss others' opinions, especially when they have lived something you have not yet experienced. I did that, before I came, and that turned out to be a mistake (for me, anyway).

I think you can learn a lot from other peoples' experiences.

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
I find it pretty easy to tell from reading what people write.

I wish it was possible to tell whether posters lived in the DR, or visited regularly, or left, or never actually been here. It would help to give some weight to their comments. At one time there was a thread where people could post their status. Useful if posters wrote the truth.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
It amazes me that so many of you speak about all that is happening in the Dr and how it is not cheap or safe, you talk about the people and their government like you have a right....I have been watching you all talk out your asses like yoy again have a right a...if you are so miserable go home lol..people like you need to shake your heads...some are si miserable every thing they say is negative wow go home...I find out hard to believe you negative people haven't been a victim yet, but could c why so many exists become victims....you sick people leave your country running from yourselves get to the dr and keep up your sick behaviours and wonder why all these exists are dieing lol ...misty odd the exists are great I am sure but some of you should be bank I'm your country facing the **** you did. .u all hide behind your computer's and judge so many lol...ur is quite disturbing really...I feel sorry for countries like the Dr and the Philippines they have to deal with all the Other countries rejects....u all ran there for a reason and if you were honest you should know you are no better lol...I look forward to all the bull cheap responses .....oh and cccccccccu ass lol YOU need to get a life and so judging others like you have the right lol....at times I read these comment and believe they belong I the clown bin....please so your crap, ur gets old lol...no offencE to those who are not like this...it just makes me laugh hours you believe you have a say or that it even matters lol. Didnt stay New thread I know I should havE so save your unwanted comments .. u all sound like old bitter people who got shared because you fell for the same assumptions others have when planning a relationship there our a life you failed at.. my mom's always said you take yourself with you wherever you go. ..and for the record if u all are so miserable go home...for cccccc I have our my kids first and have professionals that have suggested this move for us and think you need to talk with one as well...just thinking out loud . :)

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

Mmmh.... i have the right to rant as a resident, homeowner and member of our campo community, thank you very much !!!

As for going home, not right now, thank you very much, I might have to interacted with a bunch of people like you that will try to tell me what i can or cant do, think or cant think...... i'll opt for my lawless campo anyday ! ;) ;)

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
I wonder if English is the OP's first language or whether it is just an example of the standard of English being taught in schools these days.

However, although much of it is unintelligible, I get the gist of the rant and agree that I wonder why some people stay here when they seem to dislike the place so much.

I am elegantly eloquent in fifty-seven languages but when I use my mobile with autocorrect and a wandering keyboard too small for my fat thumbs then anybsang cthya happpssen nad tenz seven thingtoo.

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
So many people do leave, once you are gone you come to terms with things. I am going through that right now...

There are worse places in the world ie most of latin america but if you have spent time in America your point of reference is based on the greatest country that god every created. Dominican Republic does not hold a candle to America especially now that there is free money everywhere.

Obama started giving me money when we arrived even though my job is good and we own our place.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
So many people do leave, once you are gone you come to terms with things. I am going through that right now...

There are worse places in the world ie most of latin america but if you have spent time in America your point of reference is based on the greatest country that god every created. Dominican Republic does not hold a candle to America especially now that there is free money everywhere.

Obama started giving me money when we arrived even though my job is good and we own our place.

that's the living proof that those americans are not the smartes., lol.
of course nice for you to take it, why refuse what someone wanna hand out.
if someone needs assistance, to live of Wellfare or such,
ooh yeah, then the DR is sure not the place to go.
then people should move to Obamaland
and in case they have no papers/passports etc
then just move to Germany, the greatest Land Humans ever created for handout buggers.

Mike

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002

What did Obama give you and why?

Blueceo

Nov 1, 2015
Personally, I love the DR. I love all the craziness, and lack of rules and law having come from the heavily regulated U.S. It's definitely
not a great country for women though so I do understand her rant.

xstew

Jul 4, 2012
What did Obama give you and why?

I joined this Bloggo spot to keep up up on what others are doing saying and like and dislike. Its a newspaper that you can add to or try to degrade. i find some people gripe about everything so i know that type well! I was in the military many years and everyone complained but a lot of them re-uped and stayed 20 years. That did not change their way of thinking just their way of life. You do things that you feel you want or need to do. Along the way you learn from others. If you did not join this site you would not know what others thought and did here. The island is nice and i love it. Most places have the same problem the people are not always what you want drunks,robbers,crooks but face it that the same all over our great planet. To cut this short read what others say. Say what you want[Within limits] and always hope things and people change for the better. I like what she said she said her opinions on the gringos its her right I BELIEVE IN FREEDOM AND CHOICE OF WARE I LIVE like it or not. Thank you all for enlightening me on many things keep at it. Life is short!

I think we should only write positive things about the DR, that will really help others and kill the forum at the same time. *crickets chirping*

The longer I stay here the less I like it and want to move back home for the summer months but could be just a phase I am going through bc of circumstances. I think anyone who doesn't b*tch about this Country at some point would not have a pulse.

Status
Not open for further replies.