Haiti is a failed state in irreversible decline

Status
Not open for further replies.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
This is quite plausible because the mother (a DR citizen) recognized and declared the minor as hers via a late declaration of birth. The Law as-is doesn’t provide that the mother and child must provide any dna tests to affirm this, unless either the mother or father questions their responsibility as parent via court.

As per DR Law recognition of a child imprints that individual with all responsibilities as the parent/guardian, which is what the Law cares about per child welfare.

Can a male do that as dad?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
So again question to the moderators. What’s the purpose of the Haiti forum. 1. To trash talk Haiti. I would say this thread with thread title goes under that catagory including Cristoreys comment about the Haitian people. 2. Is it about what goes on in Haiti like events and how to get there and hotels etc for tourists ? or is it 3. anything relevant for the DR and DR-Haiti relations ?
This thread title is from the local news. Take it up with the news source, I guess.

Haiti has been a failed state in irreversible decline for years. I have said the same for many years.
The truth is not bashing. What happens in Haiti affects the DR so this is a very relevant topic.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
So again question to the moderators. What’s the purpose of the Haiti forum. 1. To trash talk Haiti. I would say this thread with thread title goes under that catagory including Cristoreys comment about the Haitian people. 2. Is it about what goes on in Haiti like events and how to get there and hotels etc for tourists ? or is it 3. anything relevant for the DR and DR-Haiti relations ?

So, a few questions to the ONLY person who has issues regarding the Haiti forum?
1. Which nation has been most benevolent to Haitian people, over the course of time?
2. Which populace of people has been most tolerant of Haitian people and their respective troubles, over the course of time?
3. Which nation do most Haitian people flee to?
4. Which other web forums have a specific forum/sub-division dedicated to topics regarding Haiti?

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
So, a few questions to the ONLY person who has issues regarding the Haiti forum?
1. Which nation has been most benevolent to Haitian people, over the course of time?
2. Which populace of people has been most tolerant of Haitian people and their respective troubles, over the course of time?
4. Which other web forums have a specific forum/sub-division dedicated to topics regarding Haiti?
Ok I may be the only person calling out the obvious covert racism towards the people of Haiti. I don’t disagree as such with 1-4.

• Haha
Reactions: Caonabo

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
I’ve been the moderator for this forum since its inception. It was created after the earthquake 10 years ago, to segregate discussions about Haiti, but not ignore them. It was a traumatic time.

We share an island with them, and what happens there affects us. It’s the only forum here that doesn’t have the requirement that posts be directly DR related, because everything that happens there has the potential to reverberate to the east. If it’s Haitian related, it’s permitted.
Yes about what is relavant for the DR.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Yes about what is relavant for the DR.
No, it can be just about Haiti. Haiti being a failed state in irreversible decline with no hope of recovery is at least somewhat relevant to the DR, don't you think? Not that it matters in this sub-forum since anything about Haiti can be discussed (probably except religion since there is a general ban on religious discussions on DR1).

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
It's time for Haitian's to stop the witchcraft, stop acting like animals,
and start acting civilized. I have zero sympathy for them at this point
in time. It's time for them to grow up.
It still this comment from cristorey I have a problem with and I can’t believe it has not been taken down. I reported it. So dr1 can’t see this is wrong and leave it while at the same time erasing several other comments for being non dr related or other reasons.

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
No, it can be just about Haiti. Haiti being a failed state in irreversible decline with no hope of recovery is at least somewhat relevant to the DR, don't you think? Not that it matters in this sub-forum since anything about Haiti can be discussed (probably except religion since there is a general ban on religious discussions on DR1).
You are saying any news about Haiti is relevant for the DR so your link according to that would be relevant

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
It still this comment from cristorey I have a problem with and I can’t believe it has not been taken down. I reported it. So dr1 can’t see this is wrong and leave it while at the same time erasing several other comments for being non dr related or other reasons.
I guess you aren't familiar with past and current history of Haiti.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
aarhus we don't do the race baiting here.
Haiti is shithole. It's time for the Haitians to grow up, stop the witchcraft and join the rest of the civilized world. It is not and shall not be our responsibility to teach (those who behave like animals) them to wipe their own asses.
As my Haitian friends have told me a dozen times over,
Haiti's problems need to be solved by Haitian people on Haitian soil...
Not by some moral grand standing group of people (with a major inferiority complex) who think they some how know what is best for everyone else.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Haiti is shithole. It's time for the Haitians to grow up, stop the witchcraft and join the rest of the civilized world. It is not and shall not be our responsibility to teach (those who behave like animals) them to wipe their own asses.
Not by some moral grand standing group of people (with a major inferiority complex) who think they some how know what is best for everyone else.

"aarhus" is none other than our resident conversationalist Sr. John Boyter.
While I have seen sock puppets come, go, and experience a rebirth from various web forums, I have never seen a person recreate themselves by simply changing their original profile name.
This is a first in my experience. Humorous to say the least.
Perhaps the poster just chooses to identify as "aarhus" moving forward.
Good luck to him in his endeavours.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
"aarhus" is none other than our resident conversationalist Sr. John Boyter.
While I have seen sock puppets come, go, and experience a rebirth from various web forums, I have never seen a person recreate themselves by simply changing their original profile name.
This is a first in my experience. Humorous to say the least.
Perhaps the poster just chooses to identify as "aarhus" moving forward.
Good luck to him in his endeavours.

But his profile sez joined in 2008.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013

As opposed to the DR who needs our dr1 superdooper heros to solve their covid-19 problems and explain to them why the curfew is bad.........

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Have another look at post #12 and then post #24. Try to access the profile of the poster of post #12.
Actually, look at post #12 and post #13 and you see the change.

I believe with the older version of the forum software a member could not change their user name.

With the new version you can change your user name once a year IIRC.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
As opposed to the DR who needs our dr1 superdooper heros to solve their covid-19 problems and explain to them why the curfew is bad.........
Exactamente.
Unfortunately some of our fellow members who live down here haven't a
clue what goes on around them as
they live in a gringo bubble which often
leaves them detached from reality.
No plans to put on a cape (or carry a gun again) just yet but should that ever change I promise to PM you first for
your approval.
I also think those who constantly look to control others should be euthanized.

Status
Not open for further replies.