Mudanzas: Post Your Shipper

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
Personally, I have never had a problem..... yrs & yrs.... from 2009 w/ Awilda in NYC

Me neither...

What a coincidence that this thread was updated today, it's been a year since we used Awilda last time... Today spent on phone with them (NYC office) a while confirming a shipment... Expecting that shortly...

DomInNYC

Mar 24, 2021
NYC
Hello Everyone..have a question. this "mudanza" thread has mainly discussed sending boxes or drums. My parents (Dominican) are moving back to DR and need a door to door moving company. It would be for a small 1 bd apartment with appliances. NJ to Moca. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Hello Everyone..have a question. this "mudanza" thread has mainly discussed sending boxes or drums. My parents (Dominican) are moving back to DR and need a door to door moving company. It would be for a small 1 bd apartment with appliances. NJ to Moca. Any recommendations would be appreciated.
Mudanzas are home-moving companies.

A lot of them offer box and drum service too.

Not many folks here are moving, so that why all the posts you see are about boxes and drums.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
North or South Jersey?

Chala

Aug 25, 2018
One shipper i use is CPS located in Doral Florida, any thoughts on using FedEx to ship to CPS in Florida, then CPS to DR? FedEx is too expensive for the entire job. I am aware i will have to pay taxes for items over $200.00. Thanks!

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
One shipper i use is CPS located in Doral Florida, any thoughts on using FedEx to ship to CPS in Florida, then CPS to DR? FedEx is too expensive for the entire job. I am aware i will have to pay taxes for items over $200.00. Thanks!

It depends upon the items shipped, and your budget. I had a specific computer printer shipped to Doral. The shipping was more expensive than the printer!

The Doral companies work well for small, light packages. They charge either by weight or volume, whichever is to their advantage.

Chala

Aug 25, 2018
It depends upon the items shipped, and your budget. I had a specific computer printer shipped to Doral. The shipping was more expensive than the printer!

The Doral companies work well for small, light packages. They charge either by weight or volume, whichever is to their advantage.
I think they charge 3.00 and change per pound, was the printer super heavy? Over $200.00?

La Profe_1

Oct 15, 2003
I think they charge 3.00 and change per pound, was the printer super heavy? Over $200.00?

No to both. I used Business Mail. Perhaps CPS is more economical per pound.

La Profe_1

Oct 15, 2003
What would you do different next time when shipping that printer?

Honestly, I wouldn't ship it. I'd check a second bag for a trip to the DR and carry it in. Second bag would cost less than I was charged and I'd have space to transport donated items besides.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Certainly - something that is hand carried/luggage

Too little for a mudanza... too much for a courier

BMCargo offers shipping - not air freight - but I would still carry
As La Prof says.....

Reactions: Chala