EDENorte North Coast: Electricity Outages & Restoration Announcements

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
You people are martyrs..... I'd be out of there so fast......

Life here is NOT that difficult..... need not be...... spread your wings if you can

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
You people are martyrs..... I'd be out of there so fast......

Life here is NOT that difficult..... need not be...... spread your wings if you can
I have only been here since 2003, it was FAR worse then. 8 to 10 hours of power maximum every day.

Now, power is off mostly when Edenorte does maintenance, whatever that means.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Power out Playa Doroda to Gaspar Hernandez. Line maintenance apparently. Scheduled to come back on around 5:00 pm.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Power out Playa Doroda to Gaspar Hernandez. Line maintenance apparently. Scheduled to come back on around 5:00 pm.
We just called and did not get the "story" it was maintenance.
Just yet another outage they are working in with no scheduled time to return.

The maintenance never seems to help.

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013
Where do you see the Circuit # - I don't see it on the invoice or anywhere in the Edenorte Virtual Office when signed on

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Where do you see the Circuit # - I don't see it on the invoice or anywhere in the Edenorte Virtual Office when signed on
I think the circuit number used to be on the old invoices, but not any more. You would have to ask Edenorte what circuit you are on. They might even be able to tell you.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
My bill shows the circuit number on the right side a few inches from the top, SOSU104
If I go online and print my bill from that, it does not show the circuit number. If I actually have a bill Edenorte brought to me, I just noticed that one has the circuit number on it. Why the difference? Everything else on the bill seems to be the same. I have no idea. Only in the DR.

Edenorte almost never brings a bill to me, another example of their wonderful service.

Power is still out. I just called again and was again told they are working on it with no time frame for completion.
Is it sill the entire north coast from Puerto Plata through Gaspar Hernandez? That is what the representative told me.

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013
If I go online and print my bill from that, it does not show the circuit number. If I actually have a bill Edenorte brought to me, I just noticed that one has the circuit number on it. Why the difference? Everything else on the bill seems to be the same. I have no idea. Only in the DR.
Same with me. And they have stopped delivering bills here

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Have them send them via email.
I have two meters. I signed up for email bill delivery for both. I get one of them via email. I spoke to them about it. I still get one via email.
Such is the incompetence of the EDE system.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
I have two meters. I signed up for email bill delivery for both. I get one of them via email. I spoke to them about it. I still get one via email.
Such is the incompetence of the EDE system.
Similar situation here as I also have two meters but was only receiving an email notification for one but that has now stopped too. Also when I pay the amounts outstanding from my Banco Popular account (where they both appear under Services and Facturas), I only get the email receipt for one! However, the balance outstanding for both correctly adjusts to zero when paid.

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
Have them send them via email.
I have received the bills via email for years, and they stopped this January... A couple of weeks ago I had to call Edenorte to repair something, mentioned this and they just ignored what I said... Thankfully the mobile app still works...