Sosua Beach Unions Want More Involvement

Status
Not open for further replies.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
It's not brand new. It went up about 18 months ago.

And all it means is that many Dominicans believe nothing will change on the beach.
Last time I was on the beach would have been July of last year. I don't remember
seeing it then but there's a good chance my eyes were looking at something else
while taking a stroll down good old memory lane.

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic

And all it means is that many Dominicans believe nothing will change on the beach.
Idk if that's good or bad news. The whore clientele demographic needs to be out. Period. Just as much as the dope smoking surfer crowd cluttering the dusty main road of Cab. The looks and smells of a college town bar strip on a Sunday 3am. It's time to move on. We live in a world of impermanence folks. Let someone else host the dregs of US and EU.

• Wow
Reactions: drstock

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Idk if that's good or bad news. The whore clientele demographic needs to be out. Period. Just as much as the dope smoking surfer crowd cluttering the dusty main road of Cab. The looks and smells of a college town bar strip on a Sunday 3am. It's time to move on. We live in a world of impermanence folks. Let someone else host the dregs of US and EU.
What's wrong with ass & grass in private?

Reactions: thompstr

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete

Go to 7:15 in post #470 above.. There's two new bars on the beach. One is still under construction. I'm told it used to be the Jamaican restaurant. They are just past Mofongos.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Here's a video from a Sosua beach bar owner. His view on the changes, not necessarily mine.

So this guy believes it when Dominick says nothings going to happen, but he's operating a business that's literally sitting on somebody else's property? Ok.

The only thing I agree on is that it is going to be a big deal. A lot of people will be displaced. And that's why all the talk and discussions, they want to give them plenty of notice, plenty of time to relocate and hopefully avoid unnecessary violence. But relocate they will. They have no choice in the matter.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Go to 7:15 in post #470 above.. There's two new bars on the beach. One is still under construction. I'm told it used to be the Jamaican restaurant. They are just past Mofongos.

Sure, doesn't surprise me at all. There will be people signing leases the day before the beach shantys are knocked down. They're clueless.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Here's a video from a Sosua beach bar owner. His view on the changes, not necessarily mine.
I'm surprised as a bar owner there that he's so unaware of some basic facts. The 60 meter setback land was not what was donated. It's not the owner's land to donate. It already belongs to the public. Two parcels on either end of the beach are what reportedly were donated to the government.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
So this guy believes it when Dominick says nothings going to happen, but he's operating a business that's literally sitting on somebody else's property? Ok.

The only thing I agree on is that it is going to be a big deal. A lot of people will be displaced. And that's why all the talk and discussions, they want to give them plenty of notice, plenty of time to relocate and hopefully avoid unnecessary violence. But relocate they will. They have no choice in the matter.
Oh joy!

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
S
Soon enough, dope smoking will be legal most everywhere in this part of the world, including the DR. Suppose the police could always chase, round up and lock up the dope smokers over night if that helps.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Nothing a few low paid illegals and a couple of jack hammers can't take care of. I've seen them take down bigger structures in a matter of days
well they could destroy and raze a good portion rapidly for sure. However to haul out all the concrete rubble is going to take some heavy equipment, trucks and roll offs. I am a betting man and still say this is not coming to fruition this year or next.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I have personally spoken to him. He has a few things wrong in his video. His understanding about the land given by the actual owners to the government that Abinader accepted for the new plazas and his discussion on the 60 meter public land from the water are two points he states incorrectly.
As for being naïve on impending changes, I expect we will soon see.
Yes it will be a big deal for a few days. If only a definite date was provided, eh? I expect shock and awe when it happens to reduce the resistance.

• Wow
Reactions: CristoRey

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
well they could destroy and raze a good portion rapidly for sure. However to haul out all the concrete rubble is going to take some heavy equipment, trucks and roll offs. I am a betting man and still say this is not coming to fruition this year or next.
If I were a betting man I would be you are wrong. But I don't bet on things in general and would never bet on something upon which I have no control.

Soon after Easter is the best time proposed so far.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006

Sure, the demo is a good sized operation just in itself. A lot of power lines, disconnect those first. And a lot of propane containers for cooking, those have to be removed before any real demo. Either moved by their owners or confiscated and removed. A lot of heavy appliances that people are going to want to save, but some won't move them till they're forced to. What a mess.

Ramesses - Are you coming down on demo day? We could have a picnic, a few beers?

Big - $100?

Reactions: jd426 and Big

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Let's add to that list the ignorant loud mouthed (and sometimes disrespectful/racist) innercity weekend warriors along with a few english speaking crack addict deportees. Good riddance.

Reactions: El Hijo de Manolo

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
Sure, the demo is a good sized operation just in itself. A lot of power lines, disconnect those first. And a lot of propane containers for cooking, those have to be removed before any real demo. Either moved by their owners or confiscated and removed. A lot of heavy appliances that people are going to want to save, but some won't move them till they're forced to. What a mess.

Ramesses - Are you coming down on demo day? We could have a picnic, a few beers?

Big - $100?
Nope, too sad of a day. I will feel bad for my friends who have lost their livelihood. My family has moved from La Union to Santiago so Sosua does not need to be a destination. Some of my best memories are of that Beach, I will remember how great it was fondly once it is gone.

Reactions: jd426 and slowmo
Status
Not open for further replies.