Am I naive...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
I used to tell foreign guys (when asked) if you couldn't mess with her or wouldn't mess with her back home you really should think twice before messing with her down here but then I realized it was pointless as common sense appears to be more like cryptonite to a lot of these folks.

Now a days the only gringos I speak with down here on a regular basis are the ones who post on DR1 so no ones really asking.
I'm with you brother. If I speak to a gringo, I am usually just telling them about my actual experiences of living here. Exception is of course DR1. I have my close circle of friends who know the lay of the land and we share "can you believe the nerve of this chica" stories. But that is about it.

Life teaches you a lesson repeatedly until you learn it. If there is a financial cost, that is tuition.

thanks for ruining it .

and no , he does not . he thinks everyone here a bunch of horny old Retired Expats , sitting around in our cheap Apartments wearing nothing but a Towel , waiting for Bikini Pictures on DR 1 so we can drool on them .
lmfao
I thought we were all doing that..... Tell me im not the only one

D'Arcy (Apostropheman)

Karma, it's worth waiting for ;)
Apr 10, 2022
Here and there
Some of these stud sankies are real artists at shaking down gringas. I think they are even better than the chicas.
Perhaps so but there are a LOT more guys chasing chicas, and regardless, the Dominicans have homecourt advantage and generally "win"

Whereas if you're just living your best life you tend to meet and get introduced to some really wonderful people.

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
thanks for ruining it .

and no , he does not . he thinks everyone here a bunch of horny old Retired Expats , sitting around in our cheap Apartments wearing nothing but a Towel , waiting for Bikini Pictures on DR 1 so we can drool on them .
lmfao
My apartment is actually mid-range.

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

SNH

Jul 24, 2010
Nonsense ..
You are a Special Person in her Life .. It sounds like true Love to me.
I think maybe you are not doing enough .. Maybe think about working just a couple of extra hours so she can take care of his kids and family properly , so when you return she can show your her appreciation .
It sounds like you have found the ONE... dont let go ... treat her Good and you will reap the rewards ...
Your story brought a smile to my face .
🍿

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
Some of these stud sankies are real artists at shaking down gringas. I think they are even better than the chicas.
I would be surprised if he is still in the DR. Good looking young guy, excellent English, a real Papi. Francisco is his name.

Reactions: Big

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
@drstock

Actually, I only believe some post with bad attitudes and issues that they have dragged from their countries of origin.
And I will not name them here in order to protect the guilty.
You don't have to be a master of observation to figure out who they are.
And I often wonder if their responses to what I post is a problem with the content...
Or who I am as a poster.

I do not make judgements on entire groups of people.
I form my opinions about them individually.

Now I have sense of humor
And I have shared it with many here on DR1
And they get it.
But others don't.
I'm fine with that.

My question to you is:
Is this a community that actually prides itself on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds or not?

EASTSIDE ‼️

D'Arcy (Apostropheman)

Karma, it's worth waiting for ;)
Apr 10, 2022
Here and there
@drstock

Actually, I only believe some post with bad attitudes and issues that they have dragged from their countries of origin.
And I will not name them here in order to protect the guilty.
You don't have to be a master of observation to figure out who they are.
And I often wonder if their responses to what I post is a problem with the content...
Or who I am as a poster.

I do not make judgements on entire groups of people.
I form my opinions about them individually.

Now I have sense of humor
And I have shared it with many here on DR1
And they get it.
But others don't.
I'm fine with that.

My question to you is:
Is this a community that actually prides itself on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds or not?

EASTSIDE ‼️
Not as far as protecting vulnerable people, allowing misgendering to try and belittle, and "insulting" people by insinuation. I have zero issues with calling them out. Posters of posts number 113 and 115, and any that agree and encourage them. Unfortunately for them the World and LGBTQIA+ groups and allies are watching and I expect some of them to make their presence known to the owners and mods.

I happily and proudly support all LGBTQIA+ people and other oppressed groups, and if the Neanderthals here want to take issue with that they'd best buckle up! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.