Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

i think they will do fine. SD is full of hijos de mami y papi who have nothing better to do than waste the money their parents work hard for. i would never buy a regular coffee there, being a chap ass but a fancy frap every now and then can be a nice treat.

how long the hype can last for is anybody's guess. i do not go to SD often enough but last few trips krispy kremes - once so popular - was empty. yet they stay open. maybe i missed the rush hours.

in any case, good luck.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    In Santo Domingo there are plenty of Dominicans who would pay 6 bucks for a cup and coffee and not even think twice about it. Starbucks will just be another place to be seen in SD.
    This right here -- best way to describe Dominican self made, self indulgence, I am important. Stupid morons!

3. Likes JasonD liked this post
    Dislikes Caonabo, jenmar237 disliked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

One of the partners and I believe the driving force behind Green Star Partners is Caribbean Cinemas.

I think it's safe to say they know what they're doing here in the local market.

I got a kick out of the sugar comment. Starbucks will probably be shocked by how much sugar they go through.

Folks here love their sugar, that's for sure.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm still saying prayers for a McDonalds and Krispy Kreme on the North Coast - Puerto Plata, Sosua or Cabarete

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chico bill View Post
    I'm still saying prayers for a McDonalds and Krispy Kreme on the North Coast - Puerto Plata, Sosua or Cabarete
    Krispy Kreme wil be a tough sell.

They have stores all over SD (which is why DV8 didn't encounter a crowd) but they are all supplied by the main store on Churchill.

I can't imagine them sending a truck up north every day. Maybe when drones are more popular. lol

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chico bill View Post
    That would be ok. But it always amazes me to not be able to buy an Iced Coffee in a Dom McDonalds, and it's 96 degrees outside. But oh well. I make my own.

Macs Iced Coffee is far superior to that starbucks crap they sell. Where on earth do they get that consistent horrible taste?
    Do they use discarded socks from homeless people to filter the coffee grounds?

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Some of the best coffee I've ever had was the Monte Alto special stuff I used to get from my good friend in Jarabacoa (I can't believe I don't remember the name of that coffee!)

I've been buying Cafe Caracolillo by Cafe Santo Domingo the last few months. Good enough for me.

Does anyone here realize how many brands of coffee Induban (Cafe Santo Domingo) produces? Eight different brands!

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JDJones View Post
    Some of the best coffee I've ever had was the Monte Alto special stuff I used to get from my good friend in Jarabacoa (I can't believe I don't remember the name of that coffee!)

I've been buying Cafe Caracolillo by Cafe Santo Domingo the last few months. Good enough for me.

Does anyone here realize how many brands of coffee Induban (Cafe Santo Domingo) produces? Eight different brands!
    You mean the Olivo coffee that CB used to have? CCCCCCCCC was also a big fan. I think we ordered 50 pounds of beans the last time he had it, before the rust epidemic.

There’s a private label out of Santiago that we’ve been ordering from the past couple of years. I think minimum order is 20 pounds, they have both beans and ground. I have the salesman’s cell number if anyone wants it. Good coffee.

Admin
    DR1.com

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    You mean the Olivo coffee that CB used to have? CCCCCCCCC was also a big fan. I think we ordered 50 pounds of beans the last time he had it, before the rust epidemic.
    Yep. That's the one. That was some good stuff. Monte Alto is very good as well.

Has anyone here tried Induban gormet?

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JDJones View Post

Has anyone here tried Induban gormet?
    Yes we buy the beans when we find it.

Admin
    DR1.com

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast