100 convicts dropped in SD from the US

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Blame the victim!
I was waiting for that "Defense"!
I figured it would come from the likes of "PUTWO".
He must have been deported from the USA himself.
His "Everything About the USA "$UCKS",and The USA Is Responsible For All The World's "Ills",Personal Agenda is still showing!
EVERYONE in the world wants to go to the USA,they must all be Lemmings?
I too believe the convicted criminals in the USA who are not citizens should be deported.But then they would just be released when they arrive in the DR.At least they are off the "Dominican Streets" while they are in prison in the USA.
I know some people in the DR community in the USA.They work hard for their money.They contribute to the US economy,and diversity.They didn't "Learn to be a criminal" in the USA.How come?Because they weren't criminals when they came.
"$hit is $hit" no matter where it was born,or where it moved to!
CCCCCCCCCCC

pi2

Banned
Oct 12, 2011
Sweden has a far superior prison system to the US and far fewer prisoners per head of population.

http://fondationinternationalepenal...ocuments/Stavern/29_Stavern_Report Sweden.pdf

US imprisons ten times the prisoners per 100,000 head of pupulation than the US. and has extensive re-habilitation programs.

Prisoners per capita statistics - Countries compared - NationMaster

Why should countries like the DR accept ex-prisoners back without extensive re-habilitation from onee of the most crime ridden and the most drug ridden country in the World - makes no sense.

pi2

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
I dunno, American influence is so huge in DR there is not a lot of areas that it doesn't make some impact. Crime is massively inbred in the young of the scum and so the sure way of not being in the equation is to not let the problem enter the US in the first place.
Obviously that is not possible for whatever reason and so youngsters keep learning a criminal trade, applying it and then being shipped back. At least they see out the sentence in the US and I agree with the process of deportation of SOME. I get pi$$ed with the UK continuing to hold hard core foreign criminals at the tax payers expense, believe me I believe in deportation, but not for some guy trying to go about his business an getting caught smoking a spliff or drunk and disorderly, fly tipping or driving offenses, I think deportation should be reserved for those who are a danger to people around them. That doesn't run with what people (residents of the DR) want, but it is how I feel about those being held in the UK and so what is different.
The only way to stop the cycle is to change the system, and that would probably mean tighten up, take the opportunity away.
I don't believe sh1t is sh1t from birth, something turns an innocent child, be it parents, surroundings, whatever, but something is wrong when you have such a clusterfphuck of delinquents. Just look at this guys attitude, (specifically Jetblue 811 or whatever he is, not the OP or others) and he's relatively old for a youngster or so you would think at 30 year old. http://www.dr1.com/forums/men-mars-women-venus/123009-soy-taca-o-12.html
Aspiring to be an alpha dog in prison, wtf went wrong there, but it's not uncommon is it, or maybe he is just incredibly disgusting but you get my point.....

Last edited:

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
A couple of random thoughts about this thread:
- The Dominican system is an exaggerated version of The US system IMO. By that I mean that while in The US if you have money and influence you're very likely to get away with stuff even murder and the poor and uneducated get the shaft, in The DR if you have money and influence then you WILL definitely get away with stuff including murder (at least until the family of the victim finds you) and the poor get shafted wayyyy more...I remember once reading about a poor guy who did two years for stealing a Salami.

- The reason why The DR is a lot more dangerous now has very little to do with these people being deported back. We all know the main reason is the rise in the trafficking and consumption of drugs. It may surprise you, but I would dare say that a very small percentage of these people actually get involved in illegal activities in The DR. This is my opinion based on my own observations around my hometown for instance. I happen to know hundreds of deportees, including some people I grew up with and used to be very close to. Out of all of those I know about I can honestly say that I've only known of a few that have gotten involved in crimes in The DR. Most of them are involved in some kind of legal business or working real jobs and a few of them are even considered "outstanding members" of the community.

A little background about my community: Back in the early 90's there was a guy around my hometown who had connections to get you to The US for the equivalent of a couple of thousands USD. If he knew you or your family he would even put up the money himself and you'd pay him later. Hundreds of people from that area of the country took the trip and made it with most of them settling in around North Philadelphia. Eventually a lot of these people got involved in the drug trade. Some were killed, most made a lot of money which they promptly sent back to The DR and most of them eventually ended up in prison and eventually deported back to The DR. A few of those guys used the money they had sent back home to start businesses (some of them very successful nowadays), but most of them started businesses that went nowhere (the typical car wash, bar, etc) eventually blowing through the money they had made from dealing drugs in The US. So now you see them around working as a taxi driver or on a farm, etc...a lot of them have moved to other places in The DR as I'm sure they're embarrassed to be seen around town with nothing after they used to be big shots...but again very few that I know of have gotten involved in illegal stuff in The DR. In their mind it's OK to sell drugs in The US, but not cool to do that in The DR.

- Will you guys stop already with the Candelier cult...Here's one of the most corrupt cops we've ever had (The guy has a villa in Casa de Campo with a cop's salary) and somehow he has this following because he was supposedly "tough on crime". He was tough all right if you weren't paying into his coffers...so please STOP it already.

jaiallen

Jul 9, 2010
"No it doesn't, I believe many innocent blatantly go down for crimes they have not committed, and dangerous murderers can get out after a year, people can buy freedom and the state of the prisons is disgusting, I see nothing decent about the whole process from arrest at street level through to conviction and imprisonment."

If you have never lived in the U.S., then how would you know? Many innocents are incarcerated in the U.S. because they can't afford adequate legal representation, and there have been several executions of innocents whose unnecessary deaths were later attributed to poor legal representation.

You are right about the ****ing match thing. It's a matter of opinion and personal experience. I have never seen someone disappear in the D.R., but I have in the Philippines, South Korea, other places in the world under certain dictatorships/governments but again, if you haven't experienced it, then why try to compare? You're basing your gut feeling against decades of world travel experience. Whatever.

Just like the Haitians in the D.R., do you know for example that illegal immigrants in the U.S. sometimes languish in detention prisons, not charged with or convicted of a crime, as long as 3-4 years before deportation to their own country ?They aren't allowed visitors, phone calls or legal representation. Where some have been TORTURED.

http://www.courthousenews.com/2012/03/21/44868.htm

http://books.google.com/books/about/American_Gulag.html?id=ut9tiOqtKaoC

I fail to see the reasoning behind someone who has never traveled to but one country in their life making comparisons against anything. If you don't know, you don't know. Don't pretend.
EOD.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
I thought I had made it clear that I can not compare the DR to the US as I have never lived in the US. What is your point, other than over emphasis on your travels, military background and Dominican family connections who have never heard of anyone disappearing before:tired:.

Infact don't answer that, I get it, you've been around the world like many of us, you've seen it all, I get it.

monfongo

Bronze
Feb 10, 2005
I think the DR should rehabilitate all foreign prisoners before deporting them ! they should at least pay their airfare,

redfish46

Dec 17, 2007
you have got to be kidding . i have never been to jail in my adult life and if i commit a crime in the dr its thier to rehabilitate me and give me a college education , totally ridiculous

gringostudent

Jun 20, 2005
if a guy breaks into my house and I catch him and kick his ass, is it my responsibility to teach him how to not break into houses, not be a general POS, and rehabilitate him before I kick him to the curb?

Jan 3, 2003
Again, I don't see what happens anywhere else makes anything that is not good in the DR good, only better than somewhere worse, which means nothing.

LOL, I agree with this. The fact that personal safety and security has dropped to levels that only with such a silly argument would the DR seem safe speaks volumes. When you have to resort to 'beggar thy neighbor' arguments, then you are on your way to personal destruction.

I guess it's akin to a drug addict who's body has been totally ravaged by the drug stating that the fact that he is alive is proof that he is better off than others who are dead; he is well on his way to death himself.

I guess the DR and its defenders have no other argument because as the crime scene intensifies and personal safety continues to drop, the only option they have left is to state how worse off it is elsewhere.

If the present crime wave intensifies and their specious argument finds itself with less and less nations with which to compare itself in a favorable light, then what will happen?

In other words, if the DR crime scene gets to the point where no more comparisons can be made, what argument will they make then? Hopefully, the DR will never reach such depths of personal INSECURITY.

HOPEFULLY!!

nas

Bronze
Jul 1, 2009
Sweden has a far superior prison system to the US and far fewer prisoners per head of population.

http://fondationinternationalepenal...ocuments/Stavern/29_Stavern_Report Sweden.pdf

US imprisons ten times the prisoners per 100,000 head of pupulation than the US. and has extensive re-habilitation programs.

Prisoners per capita statistics - Countries compared - NationMaster

Why should countries like the DR accept ex-prisoners back without extensive re-habilitation from onee of the most crime ridden and the most drug ridden country in the World - makes no sense.

pi2

A sovereign country has the right to strip the citizenship and/or repatriate any non-native citizen who breaks the current law.

A recipient country has no jurisdiction over the sovereign country?s laws. Furthermore, this country can not deny the repatriation of its citizens.

Oct 11, 2010
I'm retired U.S. military. I have been to quite a few countries where the Dominican Republic justice system would be considered perfect. It has flaws, but it's better than some. And of course " gringos " would have a poor opinion of Dominican justice. Unlike the U.S. system that protects the innocent wherever they are from, the Dominican system generally only works if you're Dominican. I have in laws who are Judges, Lawyers, and Officials with the Nacional Policia, and I have seen the system work. It does, just not the way we are used to.

YOU couldn't have said it better YOURSELF!!!

"And of course " gringos " would have a poor opinion of Dominican justice." . . .

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
I understand that and I believe that the taxi driver truly understands that. My questions point to a larger question. At what point of serving his sentence and making ammends does he qualify for absolution? If the answer is: NEVER, then why do we insist on the dance through the criminal justice system at all? Why not kill them (and us?) all and let God sort them out?

Without the trace amount of an illegal substance in his blood this guy would have just been another unfortunate victim of a traffic accident. He did something stupid. I know it and he knows it but what's a fair price to pay? It was never establiched that he was otherwise "at fault" for the accident. Should we overlook that fact and just shoot him?

My remark to your post was only about the ''albeit unintentionally'' -vs- driving while on drugs.
Of course for the deceased family the fair price to pay is '' the sky's the limit'' that's another story though.

Last edited:

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
US probably introduced them to crime in the first case. US is crime ridden and has a huge prison population.
It,s the US,s responsibility to rehabilitate them, teach them a useful skill, provide education before deporting.
US does not live up to its responisbilities with the result that the crime problem gets even worse in places such the DR.
Countries such as DR should refuse to accept them back till the US acts responsibly.

pi2

You forgot to take you medicine today pi2. Plus, The D.R. cannot refuse entry to a dominican citizen

pi2

Banned
Oct 12, 2011
You forgot to take you medicine today pi2. Plus, The D.R. cannot refuse entry to a dominican citizen
Yes they can - historically Uk has refused entry to UK citizens or placed them in internment camps. US also
pi2

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Frank,don't be so sure!
I made that illogical post,to use a metaphor for all the people who say:"If there was no DEMAND,there would be no SUPPLY!
I like the "METH" post.I guess it's "BETTER" to keep all the $$$$$$$$$$$$ at "Home"!
Except that heroin is sooooooooooo much better than "Speed"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC