100 convicts dropped in SD from the US

irateskateboards

Oct 4, 2006
Boca Chica, Dominican Republic
i'm sure they'll be creepin around the tourist areas with the english they speak very well now swindling tourists with a higher level of violence and slickness.
always try to make friends.try to keep the same motoconcho friend to give u rides.if u keep ur motoconcho friend as a good friend and put money in his pocket,maybe 100 pesos instead of 50 pesos in the night sometime.maybe a small chaquita de brugal from time to time.he will keep u out of harms way.
just a thought

Last edited:

imfromda305

Dec 9, 2011
i'm sure they'll be creepin around the tourist areas with the english they speak very well now swindling tourists with a higher level of violence and slickness.
always try to make friends.try to keep the same motoconcho friend to give u rides.if u keep ur motoconcho friend as a good friend and put money in his pocket,maybe 100 pesos instead of 50 pesos in the night sometime.maybe a small chaquita de brugal from time to time.he will keep u out of harms way.
just a thought

LOL! My first "friend" I actually met in the hotel I was staying at. I didn't know anything about Dominicans being deported.

The funny thing was, he "worked" at the hotel.. he was a guide and he did help me out a lot. But I've noticed that in a lot of stores we went, people looked at him funny.. they didn't take him serious and sometimes they were angry for him being in the store.

And yeah, at the end of the day.. because I was still fresh off the boat I did fall for the "do you have some spare change, I've got kids to feed" puppy eyes.

Basically, dude was a deported Dominican who lives on the streets. A mthrfckng drug addict.

Looking back at it, if people didn't warn me I could've been a victim of a very bad situation.

Nowadays I see him hustling on El Conde, and like him.. I've been approached by a couple of smiling Dominicans who started to speak English with me for no reason.

I've learned that to actually be a guide a Dominican should apply for a tourist pass that allows them to guide tourists. So whenever I don't see that pass hanging around someone his neck I already know what time it is.