2021 Hurricane Season

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Now it's time to start being concerned about Tropical Depression # 8 which has begun to form.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
wifey sent me some photos from my homw in PC, looks like land under with a rainy day in PC today.
i can imagine that the typical flood point around bavaro can be crossed by chanchi now, which is usually the case after ever rainfall longer than 30 minutes, lol.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Should we be worried about the disturbance 3 that National Hurricane Center is showing moving WNW across the Atlantic?

Reactions: stretch

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
E9rNJTMWUA4muIq.png

Reactions: cavok

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
So far this year , the Hurricane Centre advice for la Romana has a 100 % record ..of being inaccurate . I am getting tired of boarding up large windows . in the future I will do nothing until I am advised more accurately by increased arthritis

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
So far this year , the Hurricane Centre advice for la Romana has a 100 % record ..of being inaccurate . I am getting tired of boarding up large windows . in the future I will do nothing until I am advised more accurately by increased arthritis
So far Mike has been quite accurate with predicting Tropical Storms and not Hurricanes hitting the South Coast.
Take it for the better the boarding might actually help your arthritis even if you just do a little part of the work (supervise).....HaHa

Reactions: MariaRubia

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
so far there iszero danger, not even any heavy weather forecasted to move infrom anywhere.
it is all simple usual summer time weather with all it's up's and down's, heat and changes of winds and waves and rains/droughts.
there is nothing to spend time on watching out for.
as forboarding up windows due a tropical storm approaching, that's personal choice.
the usual procedure is, that you do such a 50 or a 100 times, before it finally make's a big bang and such storm really will pass right over your area making the precautions necessary.
as fact, almost all victis found after such storms, been victims by own choice, discardingwarnings, dring through flooded streets or crossing rivers/endangered bridges, beeing outside due their nosy character instead of havinga nice drink inside their house for a few hours.
it is personal choice to rise or eliminate the probabilities of beeing a stu lazy "victim" or a smart personwho enjoy's goodwine in good companywhile somewhere near all hell may brake loose ormay not.
I prefer to be safe instead of becoming a smart azz hurt or killed part of a stu storm statistic.
to each their own.

• Love

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
Well of course I am very grateful to Mike Fisher and others for their analysis of every situation and for the sound advice to stay inside during poor conditions. My concern is with the Florida based Hurricane Centre just as it is with the Santo Domingo earthquake Centre. If these places are not more judicious in their warnings people will ignore all of them. Since George hit la Romana last century, we have not had anything very serious and that includes Irma and Maria which crossed the Mona Passage and knocked Bavaro around a bit and then went to the north coast of the DR. In the south east area of DR we received the anti clock wise winds from the north which are totally opposite to the normal SE winds and only a few trees were lost and some flimsy buildings. It seems to me that just as the fault line running across the north of the DR is likely to produce earthquakes there and not in the south of the DR ,most of these hurricanes or strong tropical storms also seem to prefer the north coast route before heading off to Cuba and ignore Higuey, la Romana and San Pedro de Macoris. Having said that, I suppose I am tempting fate .

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Predictions are still just a "best guess" based on computer models. All of these predictions come with a warning that nothing is cast in stone and the announced tracks may be off by 200 miles or more. If there is a storm nearby, there is a nonzero chance of significant impact. Nature determines the actual severity of those impacts and we must not assume that a computer in Florida will always get it right. Assume the worst, hope for the best if you will. Having your house opened up to the weather would be disastrous whether the kitchen is well stocked or the windows are covered or not.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Mike the depression coming off the East Coast of Africa looks huge. Any thoughts on the track it will take?

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
that's too early for a tracking forecast, it just hit Atlantic waters.
after a couple days formed up the path will become clearer.
typical tracking patterns would be W-WNW heading towards the NEern corner of the Antilles as the closest approach
or even well out on the NE of the Islands.
again, too early to guess a Heading.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
The Season's Storm #12 formed too quick/too far East.
from there it will get a WNWern Tracking, which will bring it up North to the Hurricae Graveyard.
this one has a high potential to become a strong Stor,
but it should never make it anywhere near the Caribbean.

• Love

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
The Season's Storm #12 formed too quick/too far East.
from there it will get a WNWern Tracking, which will bring it up North to the Hurricae Graveyard.
this one has a high potential to become a strong Stor,
but it should never make it anywhere near the Caribbean.

That's good news because it looks massive.