2023 Hurricane Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
That happens a lot here in Cabarete. Just the other day it was raining fairly hard in town but just a mile and a half down the road it was bone dry. I didn't mean exactly where you are, but no hard rains reported anywhere in the PC/Bavaro area?
It rained here in the area, too, but hard rain been limited to shorter durations.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Yes, at least I did not find anything mayor from other areas, all the news show stuff from the Capital.

We saw reports from Palma de Ocoa in Azua, Barahona, and Yamasa is a mess, river flooded

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
This lil blop is raining down here at my place since 25 minutes, nothing hard nor flooding, but a constant good rainfall.
Right now, while I tye, I heard the first thunder of today.
It is nothing of dangerous flooding rain or such, it is the kind of perfect constant rain that keeps the grounds wet and would be appreciated to happen year around every evening/night or any time of the day for an hour or so.

Screenshot 2023-11-19 192748.png

Reactions: JD Jones

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Just to chime in on our hurricane season topic, to not leave it abandoned as long as the official season is running.
AL99 in the Caribbean Sea will disappear from the maps tomorrow, it is very weak and the surroundig conditions been from the beginning super harsh against any development.
Disturbance 2, still not formed, is very far away from DR and will(if it forms) never have any influence on our weather, that's good, as some parts of the country obviously received due 3 frontals and a disturbance way more rain falls than needed and people died due that.
It is shown as a low pressure area to cut out of a large and powerful front in the mid Atlantic.
what ever powers it could get, steering powers would not allow anything there to move W nor SW, so it has to go even further away towards Eastern Directions.
As for powers, just to complete the info and because we have nothing else to watch, it is embedded in a dry environment on mid atmosphere and also surrounded by high wind shear, so the top of what could come out of it would be TS Wind Force, as a subtropical or tropical storm.
The waters out there are still hot, but not reaching to deep depths anymore and dry air on mid level and high wind shear will prohibid to bring us in any more danger of a big storm for this season.
Attention:
This does not mean that we would not get more frontals bothering nor no more Vaguadas building up, the opposite, we now enter our caribbean winter, when we get bothered by exactly those things primarily weather wise.
But as far as TS or Hurricane dangers go, that's done and gone for this season since a while.
As the latest non tropical rainfalls been so exceptionally harsh and devastating for parts of the country, we should keep the topic open and report about our local rain conditions when such forms up again.
Stay safe everyone.

janlindy

Mar 8, 2011
Just to chime in on our hurricane season topic, to not leave it abandoned as long as the official season is running.
AL99 in the Caribbean Sea will disappear from the maps tomorrow, it is very weak and the surroundig conditions been from the beginning super harsh against any development.
Disturbance 2, still not formed, is very far away from DR and will(if it forms) never have any influence on our weather, that's good, as some parts of the country obviously received due 3 frontals and a disturbance way more rain falls than needed and people died due that.
It is shown as a low pressure area to cut out of a large and powerful front in the mid Atlantic.
what ever powers it could get, steering powers would not allow anything there to move W nor SW, so it has to go even further away towards Eastern Directions.
As for powers, just to complete the info and because we have nothing else to watch, it is embedded in a dry environment on mid atmosphere and also surrounded by high wind shear, so the top of what could come out of it would be TS Wind Force, as a subtropical or tropical storm.
The waters out there are still hot, but not reaching to deep depths anymore and dry air on mid level and high wind shear will prohibid to bring us in any more danger of a big storm for this season.
Attention:
This does not mean that we would not get more frontals bothering nor no more Vaguadas building up, the opposite, we now enter our caribbean winter, when we get bothered by exactly those things primarily weather wise.
But as far as TS or Hurricane dangers go, that's done and gone for this season since a while.
As the latest non tropical rainfalls been so exceptionally harsh and devastating for parts of the country, we should keep the topic open and report about our local rain conditions when such forms up again.
Stay safe everyone.
thank you !!! I rely on your post all season.

Drperson

Sep 19, 2008
Attention:
Stay safe everyone.
Thanks again

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
The since a couple weeks rising dry air in the mid atmosphere
Screenshot 2023-11-27 214234.png

the since 3 weeks constant high wind shear all over our territory and mor important over the Highway all around
Screenshot 2023-11-27 214300.png

and the now, after long very wet weeks, now clear skies over our territory and surroundings
Screenshot 2023-11-27 214405.png

We can call this season a day and look forward to our usual and always needed ocassional rain falls/but storm free times during our Caribbean winter.
As always it was my pleasure to explain the shown weather/storm forecasts in hopefully understandable words for the "Simple Man".
Sorry for the term used, no pun to anybody intended, listening to Simple Man by Lynyrd Skynyrd at the moment i type, lol.
It will be followed by the American Outlaw's "Mommas don't let babies grow up to be cowboys", one of my all time favs.
Yes, I failed on that one, as my ole house dragon and myself let ém grow up to be cowboys and cowgirls freely, as it is a good way to grow up and learn for life.
Higher powers can close the topic as for Hurricane Season, that's done and gone def.
If interest exists, open a new topic about simple rain/shine/flooding weather watch, so i will chime in on such, of course, where everybody can tell the actual on site conditions at the different areas of the Island.
Til then I will continue to play guitar, drive my ole Truck and give a fuck on the ... whatsoever Noños.

Cheers and stay safe where ever you may be.

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
View attachment 8523
the since 3 weeks constant high wind shear all over our territory and mor important over the Highway all around
View attachment 8524
and the now, after long very wet weeks, now clear skies over our territory and surroundings
View attachment 8525

We can call this season a day and look forward to our usual and always needed ocassional rain falls/but storm free times during our Caribbean winter.
As always it was my pleasure to explain the shown weather/storm forecasts in hopefully understandable words for the "Simple Man".
Sorry for the term used, no pun to anybody intended, listening to Simple Man by Lynyrd Skynyrd at the moment i type, lol.
It will be followed by the American Outlaw's "Mommas don't let babies grow up to be cowboys", one of my all time favs.
Yes, I failed on that one, as my ole house dragon and myself let ém grow up to be cowboys and cowgirls freely, as it is a good way to grow up and learn for life.
Higher powers can close the topic as for Hurricane Season, that's done and gone def.
If interest exists, open a new topic about simple rain/shine/flooding weather watch, so i will chime in on such, of course, where everybody can tell the actual on site conditions at the different areas of the Island.
Til then I will continue to play guitar, drive my ole Truck and give a fuck on the ... whatsoever Noños.

Thanks Mike, good news for all that filtration to dry up so folks can seal their rooves. I got lost a bit halfway through your post but your finish was excellent as always. Vielen dank!

Reactions: MikeFisher

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
View attachment 8523
View attachment 8524
View attachment 8525

The forum is lucky to have you. I check here even before COE.

Thanks for yet another season.

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
View attachment 8523
View attachment 8524
View attachment 8525

Thank you Mike, from a simple man. I always try learning you are a big help.

Reactions: MikeFisher
Status
Not open for further replies.