2023 Hurricane Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Thanks for posting JD. I just realized from social media how bad this is in Santo Domingo where I used to live and have friends.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Mr AE just spoke to one of his brothers in Santo Domingo, who told him he’s never seen so much flooding in his life. Scary

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
There are posts being done continuously. Lot's of towers with flooded underground parking areas. Main roads all around the city.

I just saw one of Ave. Churchill with 2-3 ft. of water. Think about that for a second. Churchill under water.

What kills me? The colmado delivery guys are still making deliveries here where I live. LOL

• Haha
Reactions: cavok

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
There are posts being done continuously. Lot's of towers with flooded underground parking areas. Main roads all around the city.

I just saw one of Ave. Churchill with 2-3 ft. of water. Think about that for a second. Churchill under water.

What kills me? The colmado delivery guys are still making deliveries here where I live. LOL

If Churchill is flooded, can you imagine Jimenez Moya from Sarasota where it dips towards the Centro de Los Heroes/Malecon???

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
I'm looking out my front window, and it's an absolute deluge of water. I haven't seen rain like this in a loooong time.

We were talking about the weather here, but I suspect most of the country has been taken by surprise.

I've got my fingers crossed the flooding doesn't make it to my place - I'm just a stone's throw from the Yubazo river.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
And just like that, it stopped raining. I hope that's the end of it.

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
I'm looking out my front window, and it's an absolute deluge of water. I haven't seen rain like this in a loooong time.

We were talking about the weather here, but I suspect most of the country has been taken by surprise.

I've got my fingers crossed the flooding doesn't make it to my place - I'm just a stone's throw from the Yubazo river.
Zero surprise, only the usual stupidity.
The warnings been out for exact those areas, those are well known for exactly that kond of conditions, but afterwards people been "surprised", BS.
As for here on the East, nothing happened, the longest rainfall during our still ongoing BBQ lasted 3 monutes of a drizzling.
but living in thise flood prone areas nothing is of a surprise, why still driving there even after a street is already flooded?
pure stupidity.

Reactions: El Hijo de Manolo
Status
Not open for further replies.